Who should be the new Manchester United Manager?

• Eric Cantona

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Ryan Giggs

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Roy Keane

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Other(Mention in Comments please)

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PRE-SEASON AND TACTICS:

I watch the players go through their drills as we prepare for the Season opener against Arsenal. Two months back I was quietly sipping a Margarita on the beach and now here I am back at Old Trafford watching the players prepare for match. I have never been a good disciplinarian and I watch the proceedings from the sides as the coaches do their work. I learnt this from Sir Alex. He was good at delegation and yet he was always the one in control. He was a genius manager even if at times the outside world felt that he did nothing but it was always he who had the final say in the matters related to the club.

The Pre-Season was good, we did not travel much this year as I requested the board that it will take time for the team to get used to me and I to them so we kept the travelling a minimum and spent most of our time on the pitch. I had a fair idea of how I wanted the team to play and developed similar tactics but I had to change a few things after failing in few of the Pre-Season matches. I enlisted the help of tactical experts, simulated the tactic on Football Manager and then implemented them on the pitch. I guess I must thank them here so a huge cheer for Zyndar and Wrath whose tactical acumen has helped me form the way I want my team to play.

View attachment 161949

The players are largely familiar with the style of play but they still lack the intensity I want from them. They will get to it though. The most fun part of the pre-season was interacting with the Young players and I have already made a list of who all will be given a chance this year. The Capital One Cup will be the greatest stage but I have also decided to include at least one Home Grown Player in the team and 1 or 2 U-21 players or U-18 players will train with the First Team every now and then. We have got a good bunch of youngsters and If not at Manchester I must make sure they make a good career elsewhere.

Coming to the tactics now, I have largely chosen relatively similar tactical setups and not tried anything new but the most important change is that I have dispensed with an Attacking Midfielder or playing a player in the hole behind the striker. That creates the dilemma of what to do with my best player i.e. Juan Mata. He is obviously talented but he can't play the role at right that well and I already have Januzaj plus a new signing there and on the left I have Depay, Lingard and Pereira. He can't play up front or as a proper midfielder as well. I haven't sold him due to his experience but I can't have him sit on the bench as well. I have a month to decide now.

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=sx6py0

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=sx6py1

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=sx6py2

The squad is strong although the media thinks I need new players but they forget the strength of our U-21 and U-18 squad which can fill in the gaps if needed. We have got some brilliant players and I will be listing them out in the Squad Overview. Sir Alex didn't comment when I asked him what he thought but I guess he like everyone will find out by the end of this month whether I am made for this job or should go back sipping margaritas in France.

Transfer Review Part-1

OLD FACES RETURN TO OLD TRAFFORD

Trust! It is such a small word but it is so powerful. Trust is needed everywhere in your life, be it your job or relationships, be it your business or friends, be it a huge deal or a small prank, without trust it could all go down hill and you could be left with nothing with what you started. Ryan Giggs was given the job of Assistant Manager because he had the trust of the club and he knew the club and it was a brilliant move. Both David Moyes and Louis Van Gaal couldn't win the fans over, the fans never trusted them and that was an area which I wanted to improve upon.

I am not a trainer, I can motivate the troops, give them some tips but I needed some coaches who could do the grunt work and whom I could trust. I scourged the Manchester United database and dug up all old players who are into coaching and have some coaching badges and I began ringing them up. It was a tedious job but I could not trust anyone else to do it. The players might have to be persuaded and charmed and who better than me for that eh :D

Finally after hours of work, I drew up a small list and went to see Woodward. He immediately agreed to my Hiring/Firing list and gave me the go ahead to contact the respective coaches. I wasn't happy firing the staff but they didn't fit my..ahem..PHILOSOPHY! I needed coaches who knew what Manchester United stands for and the coaches Van Gaal bought weren't that except one or two. Well anyways I have rambled on for quite a while and I am sure you all are excited to know who joins the club. So here it goes:

View attachment 161802
I am very pleased with the staff overhaul! Elgert will help us expand our recruitment area, with many scouts based in England, Elgerts knowledge of various European countries will help us identify more players from around the world.

Scholsey was a no brainer. The Ginger prince was taking his first steps in the team when I left and he has been phenomenal. He has quite a football brain and his on the ball skills/off the ball skills plus passing will help the players immensely.

Teddy Sheringham was brought in to replace me when I retired! He joins the U-21 team where the young strikers can learn a thing or two about Composure!

The Coup though was Roy Keane! Keane has had lots of problem with the club but once I called him he jumped at the idea of coming back. I hope he can help the Players grow some balls and invoke some passion in them.

A young guy named Mulvey was promoted while the defensive trio of Stam, Vidic and Ferdinand return. Stam was a pre mature departure and he will help improve the First Team defense while Vidic and Ferdinand learn the ropes with the U-18's.

The players are also excited, most of the staff are ex-players who the team grew up watching and will surely pick their brains more than a coach they don't know and trust! I want a cohesive atmosphere at Old Trafford and in my opinion this will help. I tried cheekily to bring Sir Alex as the Director of Football but he refused meaning I will have complete autonomy of the transfers. With the staff and training sorted out, its time to focus on some incoming players!

View attachment 161801

Also I don't know what the criteria is but Manchester United has the best Staff in the League! Mighty proud of myself! I think I will go have that Cuban cigar now!

Looking great!:) Looking forward to reading this as a man Utd fan myself.I actually planned on making a story myself but don't seem to be able to conjure up the time.I faced the same problem with Mata myself, so I turned the right sided forward into an AM(or AP if you like)Mata's been a magician, shortlisted for player of the year 8.31 average rating in december(still on demo..)he makes the team tick.Rooney has been excellent with him around(21 goals)and Wilson has been great filling in(I don't remember the goals but he had above ten)- this was before the patch sent Wilson to Brighton.I'd recommend trying Mata there, he's great there.

All the best and Three cheers:D

Transfer Review Part 2

FRENCH KING STRUTS AT TRAFFORD

I had enough cash to burn if I wanted to spent but with the Club shifting its focus to youth, there were limited options and I wanted to invest in our own academy rather than sign players from other academies. We had good options for almost all positions in the youth team but I decided to splash cash on a position I deemed slightly weaker than most! And in came this man:

View attachment 161788
Gabriel Barbosa! He has been termed as the next Neymar but I feel the boy is very different from Neymar, he is more of a team player than Neymar was at Santos and his more of a level head. He can easily progress and challenge Neymar in the future though. Brazil has a bright future with Neymar on the left and Barbosa on the right which would make the full backs squirm. Gabigols' ability to play upfront and on the right both is what finally convinced me to sign him. He will be used as a back up at both the right wing as well as striker and hopefully he can learn from Mata and develop in a goal and assist making machine!

I also had an eye on various young English player but with the clubs asking payment in truck loads for an unproven player, I pulled out of those deals and instead chose to have faith in our academy instead of nitpicking others! We started the season with only a single signing and no players leaving permanently or on loan!

I won't ruin the surprise and tell you how August turned out but disaster stuck 2 days before the end of the window! One of my star players broke his leg and was ruled out for the year! He had no chance of returning before February and then also I had no clue what sort of player will return. I had to sell a First Team player to buy a new one and so I started trying to sell Young/Valencia/Fellaini but with all of them on high wages, I did not have much hope and I did not receive any offers from them as well. It was purely on an advice that I took the next step.

I was informed by Scholes that Juventus were interested in Fellaini while Tottenham were interested in Valencia. I immediately got the ball rolling and saw which players could adequately replace the player that was injured and offered a Cash plus Player deal. If you had asked me before I sent the offers, the offer which I had least expected of being accepted was the only one which was accepted. I was happy and excited but Finance was an issue, we couldn't afford the wages of the player due to many high paid bench warmers! I slightly threatened Woodward and the old guy squirmed and accepted.

A French King will again strut his stuff at Old Trafford! The same player we let go for free and now paid 66 Million plus Fellaini! I am sure it was us who benefited! I am sure you have guessed! POGBA RETURNS! I had to use my influence as a France Legend to convince him to sign with us, he was reluctant and angry with the treatment previously but in the end the Charisma of Cantona worked and the rightful heir of the Ginger Prince returns albeit as an upgrade to the man! Pogba can TACKLE!

View attachment 161789

This I think, just changed the entire season!

View attachment 161711

Last edited:
Looking great!:) Looking forward to reading this as a man Utd fan myself.I actually planned on making a story myself but don't seem to be able to conjure up the time.I faced the same problem with Mata myself, so I turned the right sided forward into an AM(or AP if you like)Mata's been a magician, shortlisted for player of the year 8.31 average rating in december(still on demo..)he makes the team tick.Rooney has been excellent with him around(21 goals)and Wilson has been great filling in(I don't remember the goals but he had above ten)- this was before the patch sent Wilson to Brighton.I'd recommend trying Mata there, he's great there.

All the best and Three cheers:D

I am keeping him for now! He is amazing I know but I want to promote Januzaj, Mata will stay for 2 seasons at least before I sell him! Rooney has been good for me as well but he gets injured often! I don't mind though means Martial and Rashford get more games, Wilson is out on loan for me but with Wilson, Rashford, Martial and Barbosa I don't think I will have strikers problem for a decade!

And Thank You :)

I am keeping him for now! He is amazing I know but I want to promote Januzaj, Mata will stay for 2 seasons at least before I sell him! Rooney has been good for me as well but he gets injured often! I don't mind though means Martial and Rashford get more games, Wilson is out on loan for me but with Wilson, Rashford, Martial and Barbosa I don't think I will have strikers problem for a decade!

And Thank You :)
I had the privilege of having Januzaj away at Dortmund, he is still a class act though.I had a whole lot of fun managing Rooney.He is a great player on his day but I found a nice way to make sure every day was his day.Whenever he didn't have a good day, I'd sub him at half time for Wilson.Never regretted it.Sometimes I'd start Wilson and if he didn't do well, I'd sub Wayne on- he always does well when I do this(A particularly memorable game in pre season when he came on and scored 5 goals when we were 1-0 down and won 6-1 against FC Lorient).To summarise, keep the guy on his toes.(not to mention that he doesn't get injured much this way).

P.S: Don't sell Ashley Young

Last edited:
SQUAD OVERVIEW!

GOALKEEPERS:

David De Gea
Sam Johnstone
Illias Moutha Sabatoui

Comments:
David De Gea is the undisputed Number 1 but Illias Moutha Sabatoui will be the cup Keeper instead of Sergio Romero or Johnstone. Sam will start the occasional matches but I don't rate him very highly, I just like him more than Romero. I want Sabatoui to fight De Gea in 2-3 years.

RIGHT BACKS:

Matteo Darmian
Joe Riley
Tyrel Warren

Comments:
Like the Goalkeeper position, Darmian is the No. 1 and he will help 2 academy boys under him. Riley is a winger but he can right back equally well and I am thinking of shifting him their due to competition on the right wing while Warren is one of the academy stars and I am hoping he eventually takes over Darmian. Riley I think will remain a second choice at best but I want to help him develop so he can play Premier League football with some other club.

LEFT BACKS:

Luke Shaw
Daley Blind
Cameron Borthwick Jackson

Comments:
I feel sorry for both Blind and Jackson as Luke Shaw is just miles ahead of them both. Blind with his ability to play at multiple positions will get game time but I see it hard for Jackson to get a look in when Shaw is fit!

CENTER BACKS:

Chris Smalling
Marcos Rojo
Phil Jones
Paddy McNair
Alex Tuanzebe
Ro-Shaw Williams

Comments:
It is one of the weakest areas of the clubs with only Smalling having the ability to maybe break into another Top 6 clubs defense. McNair has got good potential while Jones will have to stay fit to get back into the First Team. Rojo is my 2nd best defender on paper but I don't rate him very high due to his attitude and I will be looking to replace him with Tuanzebe who can play as Left Centre back comfortably. Ro-Shaw Williams is also good but I think it will be a while before he can break into the squad.

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS:

Bastian Schweinsteiger
Morgan Schneiderlin
Timothy Fosu Mensah

Comments:
Schneiderlin and Schweini both are at similar levels but offer a different option altogether but it is Fosu Mensah I am really excited about and I hope I can give him a break this season itself. The guy is a tank and will be the future of Manchester United.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS:

Paul Pogba
Ander Herrera
Micheal Carrick
Sean Goss
Joe Rothwell

Comments:
Pogba and Herrera are my best midfielders and will be a huge part of my 3 man midfield! Carrick is losing legs and will most likely be released at the end of the season and it is Goss or Rothwell who will replace him. They are both relatively older but are good on the ball especially going forward. Goss can also protect the defense well and he is just ahead of Rothwell at the moment.

RIGHT WINGERS:

Adnan Januzaj
Juan Mata
Joe Riley
Antonio Valencia

Comments:
One of the strongest areas at the club with various players able to play here. Januzaj has returned from Dortmund as a man **** bent on proving he wasn't a one season wonder and has impressed me in the pre-season and August while Mata is a class act! He is 2nd choice but he is my preference if the defense is tough to break down with his experience very useful. Riley I am hoping will learn a bit from Mata as well as Darmian and is in a tight spot having to cover 2 spots while Valencia will stay until he is sold. He has got great pace and crossing but I want to develop Riley instead of giving Valencia game time.

LEFT WINGERS:

Memphis Depay
Jesse Lingard
Andreas Pereira
DJ Buffonge
Ashley Young

Comments:
Plethora of options and all are young except Young (Pun intended :D). Depay and Pereira have got the most potential while Lingard is the grafter and team player. Young is a brilliant option off the bench in my opinion and I may hold on to him till his contact ends. But the wild card has impressed me the most. Buffonge has been very good for the U-21 and U-18 teams despite being just 16. He is English and I would love to see him in the National Squad. He will be tutored by Young.

ATTACKIND MIDFIELDERS:

Juan Mata
Andreas Pereira
Callum Gribbin

Comments:
Quite a thin stock but since I don't use the position it isn't a problem. The only dilemma is what to do with my Academy star Gribbin. He will be most likely be shifted to Central Midfield where he can compete with Goss and Rothwell for a spot!

STRIKERS:

Wayne Rooney
Anthony Martial
Marcus Rashford
Gabriel Barbosa

Comments:
A position I am not longer worried about. Rooney is looking hungry since I took over while Marital, Rashford and Barbosa are all under 20. With wilson joining them next season and the youth Intake coming every year, I don't think there will be any additions for years to come. Along with the left wing I am pleased to see so many young stars.

AUGUST REVIEW PART-1

UNBEATEN START TO THE SEASON!

View attachment 161705
My first match was against fellow Frenchman Arsene and excuse my expression but we whooped their ***. I was nervous at the beginning of the match as Arsenal are a good team and it's never easy to beat them plus the expectations of fans weighed heavily on my mind. Lingard and Januzaj ripped them apart though and young Jonny had a terrible first start in the Premier League. It was a treat to watch the academy graduates play with such finesse and if I was an emotional man I would have cried. I slowed the game in the second half as Debuts were handed to Depay and Schneiderlin with the game in the bag! THIS IS WHAT I WANT! GET IN!

View attachment 161704
A perfect Start to our Champions League campaign as we win the away match and have our foot firmly ahead to qualify for the group stages. It was another majestic defensive performance and I am worried that this will ruin my image! A team managed by Cantona being so disciplined! Smalling marshalled the defense well while Darmian was present everywhere. I was also happy that Depay got his first goal for United, hopefully first of many! Unfortunately Rooney got a knock and will be out for a few weeks, only blemish of a decent performance!

View attachment 161703
3 Clean sheets in a row! This is certainly new for me! Again a class act from Darmian who has started brilliantly on the right side for us. Depay opened his Premier League account and so did Martial (debut goal). A good match where my young strikers impressed in absence of Rooney. Darmian adds a goal meanwhile to an increasing list of assists!

View attachment 161699
OHH YESS! WE DEFEAT THE SCOUSERS! Nothing satisfies me more than the win against our eternal rival and this was another brilliant defensive performance. Januzaj proves he is a big match player with a brilliant goal while Martial starts his first match and scores. We restricted them to just 4 shots and 3 of them were outside the box! I am impressed by the squad so far as every player is contributing allowing me to rotate freely. This was the first time I praised the players in press and I hope it doesn't get into their head. I haven't had to shout much and that makes me happy!

View attachment 161698
I forgot to take the shot of the second round but it was a comfortable victory! This was the biggest takeaway from the match! HERRERA out for 7 months due to a horrid tackle and the referee didn't even book the guy. I was furious and if not for 3 staff members holding me back I would have ripped the player apart. I did tell off the 4th referee and will be filing a complaint with UEFA, no one messes with a United player!

View attachment 161697
The players got the first taste of my anger as we could merely draw against Crystal Palace. The place was filled with boos as soon as I entered the stadium, no love was lost and I didn't want cheers from them. We were unbeaten and yet to concede and I expected a comfortable win but what followed was a dogged display by Palace and poor by United. I wanted to wipe the smug face of the CP fans but I guess I will have to wait till the rematch where I can repeat my famous dialogue. I am not a fan of the club!

View attachment 161696
Top of the league on Goal Difference! We have played phenomenal football and I am proud of the boys but the draw against Palace was not acceptable. I am pleased to see that we are dominating the Average Rating column as our players have been amazing! I couldn't have hoped for a better start especially the win against Liverpool! I hope we can press upwards and onwards from here. I couldn't give many academy players a debut but with games going to come thick and fast now, I have a list of players who will be making their First Team bow!

For now I am happily sipping wine with Sir Alex. He did mention that with my beard and cigar I look more like a mafia then a manager! Well that's what I am isn't it? I am a thug and will always remain so! I think I like being a manager well until the first defeat anyways!

AUGUST REVIEW PART-2

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW:

View attachment 161694
A Decent draw in my opinion as we avoid all the big clubs but the flip side is that there will be no easy matches! Kind of similar to real life draw for the season! SLB are a force in Europe while Sevilla are Euro Cup Champions. BMG have few good players who can cause us trouble and we will have to be careful. The Plan is simple, win the Home games and every point away is a bonus! I love this competition, to showcase your talent in the best stadiums against the best players is what every player wants and I am confident my players will surprise everyone like they did in the Premier League. I have an army of kids willing to prove that you can with kids!

View attachment 161691
It is my duty as a Manager to inform you so I did :D! I like to leave the finances to the Board!

View attachment 161689
Never knew he was this good but he has been brilliant so far! A 3 man midfield has allowed my Full backs extra freedom and they have used it to full! Both shaw and Darmian are almost always near the opposition box and give us an attacking edge!

View attachment 161687
Januzaj and Martial! Can they do a Valencia/Rooney?

View attachment 161686
Well thats me! I won the best manager of the month! It feels good especially the Champagne while the trophy will add to my trophy cabinet! But the Champagne man! Maybe I could ask them the suppliers name?

THE KIDS

View attachment 161683
The U-21 like the First Team is leading the lead and have been unbeaten so far! I am pleased as I hope to win all three league titles. Which brings me to...

View attachment 161682
A similar setting to the U-21 as new Coach Tommy Martin seems to be doing well! I loved McGuiness and was sad that he left and while I tried hard convincing him in the summer, Martin has been doing a good job with the kids. Gribbin and Co. have impressed me when I have watched from the directors box!

View attachment 161681
Januzaj, Lingard, Pereira, McNair and Rashford are the permanent fixtures in the squad with Januzaj impressing the most! Varela was given a chance but he disappointed and I am more likely to give academy graduates Riley or Warren a chance! The player I have been looking forward to is Rashford who impressed me in the 2nd leg of CL qualifiers, the boy has got good strength and stamina plus he works the channel beautifully! I can't wait for him to mature and lead our line! Pereira has disappointed so far but I will persevere with him for 1-2 months failing which he might have to go on loan!

So far So good!

I am sorry for the lack of updates, I had been hospitalized and unfortunately it took me some time to recover, I am hoping to get it up and running if readers are still interested :)

I am sorry for the lack of updates, I had been hospitalized and unfortunately it took me some time to recover, I am hoping to get it up and running if readers are still interested :)

Yeah man keep it running! Huge United and Cantona fan (my username gives it away!)