SirJK

Reaction score
12_zpse504fdde.png

Mansfield Town FC - Up The Stags!

Hello everybody, I've decided to go with my club, Mansfield Town who I've been watching since 1994! I attended my first game at 4 years old, though i can't really remember much. It's been a difficult time for us stag fans though now days many clubs are in similar positions, we finally returned to the football league after 5 very long years in non-league football in a league which is becoming more and more difficult. I shall be using a transfer data download on this game. Enjoy the story!

More about Mansfield Town...

Nickname: The Stags
Founded: 1897
Ground: One Call Stadium
Capacity: 9,186
Owner: John Radford
Chief Executive: Carolyn Radford
Rivals: Chesterfield and Notts County
Legends: Richie Barker, John Radford, Adam Murray, Matt Green & Chris Greenacre
Predicted Finish: 20th

1_zpsbe0d740e.png

Index:

Last edited:
John Radford - Changes are imminent

_70403227_70403222.jpg

John Radford, Owner of Mansfield Town Football Club today released a statement directed to the fans stating "changes are imminent" This as left many fans wondering exactly what he plans to do, Mansfield Town finished 11th in the SkyBet League 2 last season which was a great attempt for their first season back in the Football League. John Radford as always stood by manager Paul *** so it's unlikely any changes to the managerial aspects of the club could be affected.

Many fans have took to twitter asking players and also tweets to John Radford him self asking what changes will be made but he's giving nothing away.

We spoke to the manager of Mansfield Town, Paul *** earlier today "I have no idea what's going on at the minute, John hasn't been in touch with me for a few weeks as most of us are on pre season break so I'm really unsure what's going off until i speak to him when i return, it's very unusual that John as gone straight to the press, especially if it's anything to do with me" Just by speaking to Paul *** you can understand he's nervous.

Sky Sports understands that a official statement will be released tomorrow afternoon.

More to follow

Last edited:
Paul *** Sacked

_58883934_paulcox.jpg

Paul ***, manager of Mansfield Town Football Club has today been sacked following a statement by owner John Radford which was titled "Changes are imminent" Nobody seen this coming as Paul *** helped Mansfield win the title 2 seasons ago in the Non-League to give them promotion back to the Football League where he then finished 11th, and for the first season back in the league was a good achievement. It wasn't obviously good enough for John Radford and CEO Carolyn Radford.

We spoke with Paul *** following his sacking "I'm very disappointed with this outcome, I've spent the last few years putting a team together and bringing players from the non-league and creating them into league players, This is football I'm afraid and I'll have to deal with it, this won't be the end of me though"

article-2256783-16BA792B000005DC-368_634x461.jpg

Mansfield Chief Executive; Carolyn Radford

Following the sacking we sat down with Mansfield CEO Carolyn Radford "It was a decision spent many days discussing and there was no easy way of telling Paul after the success he's brought to the club and we want to thank him for that. We feel a change is needed for us to progress and give the fans even more excitement! We do have a manager in mind and he's flying over to discuss terms tomorrow but until then everything is in the air. Everyone at Mansfield Town Football Club wish Paul *** the best for the future"

Mansfield fans have took to social media to slate the actions of the boardroom following the sacking of fans favorite Paul ***.

More to follow..

Last edited:
Chris Greenacre Appointed Manager

Phoenix-Chris-Greenacre-Photosport.jpg

Chris Greenacre has been appointed manager of Mansfield Town on a one-year deal and vowed to "make history" at the club. Greenacre emerged as Mansfields preferred choice shortly after Paul *** was sacked. John Radford, the Mansfield Chairman, said in a statement from the club: "In Chris Greenacre, we have secured the services of one of the upcoming managers in the game today. Mansfield provides him with a fitting stage on which to write new chapters in the Mansfield Town story".

"It's a massive club with an infrastructure and fan base geared to be a huge club," Greenacre told BBC Radio Nottingham. "I want to get my teeth into it and achieve promotion. I'm looking forward to starting. I want to put the club on the map - I put an honest plan together, which I feel the club can achieve." Chairman John Radford said: "He is a very ambitious manager and a winner. I know that he understands my vision, and believes in what we want to achieve. Radford added: "Chris has a wealth of knowledge and has lined up some exciting prospects to join our squad. "We have set Chirs a target of a top-five finish and we would like the fans to get fully behind the new manager.

Chris%20Greenacre.jpg

Greenacre began his career with Manchester City in 1996. Whilst at Maine Road he was sent out on loan to Cardiff City, Blackpool, Scarborough, Northampton Town and Mansfield Town in order to gain first team experience. However he failed to make the grade at Manchester City and so joined Mansfield Town on a permanent transfer. He became a prolific scorer for the "Stags" scoring 58 goals for the club in three seasons. This led to Division One side Stoke City signing him in August 2002. However despite arriving with high expectations he struggled to cope with the higher level and managed just 9 goals in three seasons at the Britannia Stadium. He left for Tranmere Rovers where he found his level and in four seasons at Tranmere Greenacre scored 53 goals. After his contract expired at Rovers he decided to join New Zealand based, A-League side Wellington Phoenix. He played three seasons for Wellington helping the club to three consecutive finals series places before retiring in 2012 and becoming the assistant manager

Last edited:

Mansfield Player/Assistant Adam Murray Released

_65668789_adammurraypa624351jpg.jpg

Chris Greenacre today announced the release of ex Captain and now former player/assistant manager of Mansfield Town. Adam Murray had 3 spells at the club during his career, the first back in 2002 when he joined the stags from Derby County on loan making 13 appearances and scoring two. The second was in 2004 when he joined after being released by Kidderminster Harriers where he went on to make 32 appearances and finally the third he joined in 2010 until present making 125 appearances and helping them secure the non league title.

Chirs Greenacre told BBC Sport "I have nothing against Murray but he doesn't fit into my plans unfortunately and I shall be announcing a new player/assistant within a few hours, We wish Murray all the best for the future and I'm sure he'll go on to become a great manager as that's what he's looking to do"

Mansfield Appoint David James As Player/Assistant

david-james_1497625c.jpg

Mansfield Town today announced the signing of 42 year old David James as a player/assistant manager. Chris Greenacre plans for David to be a substitute to Sascha Studer while dealing with tactics, training and other managerial aspects.

David James was recently released by Íþróttabandalag Vestmannaeyja in Iceland where he made 17 league appearances.

BBC Sport spoke to David earlier today and he had this to say "I'm very happy with the return to England, I've been in England all my career and to go to Iceland it just didn't feel right so when Chris spoke to me it was a no brainer even though it may be a step down but I'm looking to go into management and everyone has to start somewhere"

Mansfield fans are extremely happy with the signing of David James and relish seeing him in goal and on the touchline as he bring plenty of experience

Mansfield Release Ninteen Players

_67951645_alan_marriott.jpg

New Mansfield Town manager Chris Greenacre is certainly making changes as he's just released a staggering ninteen players ahead of the 2013/2014 campaign which included long serving shot stopper Alan Marriott. Stag fans are beginning to become worried now with only Sascha Studer, Martin Riley Ryan Tafazoli, Sam Clucas, Alex Fisher, Jack Thomas, Liam Hearn, Luke Jones and Simon Helsop on the books.

The following players have been released; Alan Marriott, Liam Mitchell, John Dempster, Lee Beever, Ritchie Sutton, James Jenning, Anthony Howell, Ollie Palmer, Liam Marseden, Keiran Coupe, Jason Gregory, Jordan Jones, Godfrey Poku, Ben Clarke, Matt Rhead, Fergus Bell, Matt Jones, Jamie Mguire and Chris Clements.

Mansfield Sign Four

1_zps6d4a37d8.png

Left to right

Chris Greenacre today secured four players after the start of re modelling begins at the One Call Stadium and there seems to be many more to come according to the stags boss as the pressure begins following the release of 19 players.

Algassimou Balde, a 28 year old Guinea right winger today joined on a free transfer following his Sporting Toulon Var contract expired this summer. Balde as spent all his senior career in France with the likes of AS Cannes and Angers SCO. The right winger is excited by the prospect of coming to England to finish his career.

Moussa Koita, a 30 year old French striker also joined on a free transfer following his Olympiakos Nicolsa contract expired, Koita as spells in Bulgaria, Greece, Belgium and France with the highest reputation club being Genk.

Steve Olfers, a 31 year old Dutch center back today joined on a free transfer following his Qabala contract expired, many fans will of heard of Olfers as he's spent the majority of his time in Dutch and many would of noticed him in the Champions Leagues with clubs such as PSV and Feynoord.

Sebastien Gregori, a 32 year old French center midfielder today joined on a free transfer following his Hapoel Nazareth-llit contract expired, Sebastien started his career at Marseille before moving onto clubs such as Lustianos, AC Ajaccio and AS Cannes.

Mansfield Secure Four

1_zpsbeaad47b.png

Left to right

Chris Greenacre today secured four players after the start of re modelling begins at the One Call Stadium and there seems to be many more to come according to the stags boss as the pressure begins following the release of 19 players.

Samir Bertin d'Avesnes, a 27 year old Comoros right winger today joined on a free transfer following 2 years without a club, he was at AS Beauvias for two years and before that spent most of his career at SC Bastia.

Remi Cilia, a 23 year old French right back also joined on a free transfer following his AC Ajaccio contract expired despite spending 6 years with the club he only made 14 appearances so he'll be looking to grab some first team football.

Armand N'Djama, a 25 year old Cameroon center back today joined on a free transfer following his RC Strasbourg Alsace contract had expired, he's spent all his career in France and now looks to revive is career over in England

Alvaro Gonzalez, a 21 year old Spanish center attacking midfielder today joined on a free transfer following his Alcoyano contract had expired, he's previously been at clubs such as San Roque Lepe and Recretivo "B"

Excellent m8
From Sutton myself and was a Stags fan in my younger days.
Great story looking forward to reading more.If you know who I am you will know I make Scorpio Skin for FM14
I have made a series of Club skins and if you would like a Stags skin making let me know....as you are a Stags fan.

CLUB SKINS
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.619726174791980&type=1

Mansfield Sign Five

1_zpsf8d47a41.png

Left to right

Chris Greenacre today secured five players after the start of re modelling begins at the One Call Stadium and there seems to be many more to come according to the stags boss as the pressure begins following the release of 19 players.

Mohammed Gulraiz, a 23 year old French left winger today joined on a free transfer following his Udinese contract expired two years ago and failed to find a club in that time, his other previous clubs was Granada B and Arezzo.

Yohan M'Villa, a 24 year old French center midfielder also joined on a free transfer following his Olympic Charleroli contract expired, previous to that he was it Dijon FCO and AC Ajaccio.

Mickael Brisset, a 28 year old French striker today joined on a free transfer following his US Ivry Football contract had expired, Mickael has had a few clubs in his career with the likes of Angers SCO, FC Lorient, Paris FC and Tourani.

Ross Jenkins, a 22 year old English center midfielder today joined on a free transfer after Watford didn't want any money for the youngster. Ross as spent all his career at Watford and last season was on loan at Barnet and Plymouth.

Tom Naylor, a 22 year old English center back today joined on a free transfer after Derby didn't want any money for the youngster. This is Naylors second spell at Mansfield Town after being sold for £100k to Derby a few seasons ago but failed to break into the first team.