Marcelo 3-1-4-2

galego25

I wasn't planning on releasing this tactic, but it seems that a lot of people are disappointed with FM14 and are back at playing FM13. It wasn't released before because when I finished tweaking it and was completely happy with it, FM14 was already out.

Anyway, to the tactic: it's a 3-1-4-2 designed with only one goal: score the most goals possible. I have played FM13 with a lot of tactics, and haven't found one that scores as many goals as this, including my personal FM13 record: 179 goals with Barcelona in 2022/23.

It hasn't been tested with small teams, but if you have a good team, then this tactic is sure to bring you success.

Formation:

Bayern First Season
:

Chelsea First Season
:

Barcelona 2022/23 Season
:

TACTIC DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zbj3ygtrbihwdk2/Marcelo_3-1-4-2.tac

General Information:

- All player and team instructions are tweaked to the minimum detail, so changing players roles/duties or team style/strategy will have no effect at all;

- Obviously the strikers are the top scorers, but the midfielders will score a lot too. In fact every player in your team will score.

- No OIs, pitch size standart/big, match preparation attacking movement.

Feel free to ask anything and to leave your feedback.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Finally a new tactic for FM 2013. Could you test this with an underdog team like Celta, WBA ? Are you Brazilian ?
Yes, I am. Sorry, but I will not be testing it with any other team, at least not for now, I'm currently enjoying a FM14 save. I wasn't even going to upload it at this point, but it seems a lot of people are still playing FM13 and some have privately asked me to, so here it is. But give it a try, if you like attacking tactics I think you won't be disapointed.

I like the fact that it is not just attacking! it seems to have a really good defense too! At the moment I'm playing with norwich first season, using mr langvatns 4-5-1 tripletweak. I'm thinking about letting the team learn your tactic first until its full fluid and test it then.

Edit: what players are needed? should I just have a look at the used player roles?

Honesty guys this tactic is the ****** mutts nuts!

It is a beast going forward & solid defensively! This is my new favourite tactic from FM13!

ruudvanwarren: which team are you playing with? I started using the tactic with norwich in first season, no transfers. at the moment I'm in january and doing well. I'm going to post some screens later!

Edit: what players are needed? should I just have a look at the used player roles?

The roles used are a good indication, but feel free to try different kinds of players. On one of my saves I had a more defensive winger on the right and a very flamboyant inside forward on the left, and it worked very well.

I have 1 quick question. Is it possible to make a typical 3-5-2 (like your tactic but DM pushed up to MC) to function identical to this? Or pushing DM up is going to ruin everything?

I will test your tactic with a bottom league team.

Last edited:
I have 1 quick question. Is it possible to make a typical 3-5-2 (like your tactic but DM pushed up to MC) to function identical to this? Or pushing DM up is going to ruin everything?

I will test your tactic with a bottom league team.

If you move the DMC to MC you would probably have to change his instructions to make him much more defensive, but I don't think it would work as good. At the DMC position he plays like I want him to, both in attack and defense.

I'm very pleased with your tactic. Managing a bottom league team in Indonesia. My squad is very poorly technical but their strength is physical attributes. I only have 2 players in this squad that has technical attributes that are 11+ which are my central DC and one of MC (+13 long shot and +11 heading). ****, my STs' best technical atrributes aren't higher than 7.

Media Prediction= 7th place in this group.

View attachment 391669

Naturally, the 2 teams that I lost to...both 0-1 result against 1st and 3rd place teams. So far, defeating all other teams after these # of games.

I'm very pleased with your tactic. Managing a bottom league team in Indonesia. My squad is very poorly technical but their strength is physical attributes. I only have 2 players in this squad that has technical attributes that are 11+ which are my central DC and one of MC (+13 long shot and +11 heading). ****, my STs' best technical atrributes aren't higher than 7.

Media Prediction= 7th place in this group.

View attachment 562626

Naturally, the 2 teams that I lost to...both 0-1 result against 1st and 3rd place teams. So far, defeating all other teams after these # of games.

I'm glad it's working well for you, even with a lower team. I developed it using big teams, but I'm very confident that it can do well at any level.

Hey! I can't get it to work with manu :( What do you set your training to? Balance?

I use "team cohesion" on "average" and "teamwork" on 30% until my players reach "willing to die for each other" status. As soon as they do, I change to "balanced" on "average" and "attacking movement" on 30%.

Give the tactic some time, there is no reason for it not to work with Man Utd.

Back