Maximum Possession/Maximum Pass Attempts

diplj

Reaction score
Lately, I have been obsessed with possession football and have even abandoned playing as United to achieve my aim of playing the beautiful game.

I have been playing as Barca and I have them playing like Arsenal. This is because the team is playing possession football with the end product of Barca.

This is a thread where you can post your personal best possession, passes. This is also a thread where people can discuss how they can get there teams to play the Beautiful game.

This my best. Ok their player Xisco was sent off but still in a competitive game this is insane.

The LULZ at Mascherano attempting close to 200 passes.

The screenshots taken are of an extreme case and the backline does not make so many passes in every match.

Last edited:
That's frickin' awesome. Lol @ 9 shots for all that possession though.

it looks to me like there is too much passing it around at the back and not enough penetration going forwards which is why only 9 shots and the highest number of passes being made by the two CB's and the DM.

I'd be sorely tempted to set Mascherano's passing to a more direct style, you would no doubt give away some of the possession but you'd also create more chances (I think, without seeing the actual tactic it's all guesswork)

Yup, thats the thing Mach has low creativity and short passing style.
The thing is I don't want to change the tactic as I've conceded 3 goals in 22 league games using the tactic. Plus I'm too lazy to change tactics even when I'm drawing.

The fact that Pique was not playing as he can pass the ball pretty well also hinders the ball going to the midfield. Still the possession is pretty awesome though and the fact that if I score a goal the other team is not gonna come back stops me from changing the tactic.

I guess u used tactics such as more 'time-wasting' etc?

but Barcelona possession football doesn't restrict it to the back ( defenders to defmids)

they tend to play possession in the Midfield and attacking mids where they mainly use "contain" and have xavi/iniesta probe around before attempting one-twos or delivering killer balls.

so your tactics, though high in possession, seems to be emulating Chelsea in the 2006-2008 season where they aim for draws or 1-0 victorys by playing the ball mostly in their half and wasting time (no offence to Chelsea fans)

this is how it should be done :p

not exactly a lot of passes. my playing style can be quite direct at times. my only gripe is i can't seem to bring Cesc more into the game - it's a lot of ability put to waste.

24xiatg.jpg
908vf4.jpg

I guess u used tactics such as more 'time-wasting' etc?

but Barcelona possession football doesn't restrict it to the back ( defenders to defmids)

they tend to play possession in the Midfield and attacking mids where they mainly use "contain" and have xavi/iniesta probe around before attempting one-twos or delivering killer balls.

so your tactics, though high in possession, seems to be emulating Chelsea in the 2006-2008 season where they aim for draws or 1-0 victorys by playing the ball mostly in their half and wasting time (no offence to Chelsea fans)

I was thinking the same but this is just one game. I will post srceenies from other games to show that it isn't always this way. This is just one game that was out of the ordinary. In most games it is infact the fullbacks making a lot of passes along with playmaker CM.

Alves has been my best player this season getting many assists as wingers move in.

In no way am I stating that, I am playing the Barcelona way.

See the screenie for 2nd season.

Last edited:
The 1st ss was taken when I have tried a slightly tweaked tactic which has made me concede a lot less as compared to previous seasons.

See the screenshot for a match in the same season

Another thing is time wasting is set to sometimes which is not too bad. See second SS

Last edited:
tactics, please put it up somewhere

looks like a time wasting tactic to me :S

my tactics play beautiful football and score goals :p