markukone

Reaction score
Hi
I got Owen on a free transfer in 2014 and is in the first team and used as striker poacher and popped him just behind the striker ala Rooney style
I have used loads of the tactics in this site and set the team formation then go on holiday for a day and see whats happened as I dont have the time for watching a game start to finish as my PC is slow anyway

So why is Owen not scoring I am using some Young german strikers from the Under 20s and Italian as they are hot prospects and funnily enough 3 of the Germans are all labelled the new Jurgen Klinsmann in there info box

Every game I play its the same outcome I score 2 or 3 goals and nearly everygame I am getting own goals scored for me I havent checked yet but in my season I reckon 20 own goals fror and against

I just thought maybe If I put Owen on penalty duty at least maybe he can get a goal I have told hom to up his game but still now after 10 hours of play he has no goals

Tactics are the ones in here Used many and my own
If I play without owen I still get the goals just that he cant score no matter if he on the left or right up front On his own Andddddddddddd he has not been injured so far and I am now at December

any ideas
He is now 34 rated still a good player

This is the non updated FM 2012

What's wrong with Owen:

1) He's old
2) He peaked at 19 years old
3) His hamstrings are 95% scar tissue

He's a lost cause, there are much better youngsters available. Football management has no place for sentiment, my friend. ;)

Last edited:
Would it help if he was on a race horse ;)
I had kevin davies season before this and he was no good took me ages to get rid Scouts say sign him up
Owen has a good ratio in real life but in my game not so
I told him again to up his training now he wants out I offer mutual termination he wont go ;)
Anyway at Jan transfer window now for 2015

Are u on classic or tactic creator?
Pls post what personal instructions you have set him.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...408-raikan007s-swoop-there-433-dm-tactic.html

holiday with this :p kicks ***!

Owen is old as Andy mentioned! However, I have gotten him to score more goals than games played on many occassions in the first and second seasons! in the Might and Magic tactic next to Rooney he slotted them home left right and centre!

you will get much better results playing games and actually making sure the settings for his role suit is geriatric state! ie:

Run with ball - never
Run from deep - often
Long shots - never etc etc...

play to his strengths! its the same as Ruud! got him to score a hatrick on debut and 8 in 6 so far with Tottenham!

Would it help if he was on a race horse ;)

If he was a race horse he would have been shot 10 years ago.

I personally would try to offload him, although, but, if you can get him to play to his strengths like Raikan said, you might be able to get a few goals out of him.

Last edited:
"used as striker poacher and popped him just behind the striker ala Rooney style"

Owen should be the player furthest forward tbh....

Haha like the horse joke : )
I say Rooney style for Owen as I thought he could be controlling the attacking areas But I have tried him in every forward position possible ie On his own at the point of attack In a 3 man up front on the left and middle and centre I play him as an inside forward and as a left winger attack all the same he cant pop the ball in the onion bag

So I will try again as you suggest and make him do nothing only goal hang and see if that works I am an Owen fan and a Man U fan so I want him scoring :)

I have played footy manager for 6 years and I am enjoying this and passes the time along
I always start with a League one side and my aim is to get them in the Champs league and win everything
I find the best way is to loan players from the higher leagues and search the under 20s in Italy and Spain build from there

My problem this time is now I have about 30 plus players As when you get a new transfer window I go crazy and buy and my scouts always says this guy is the best etc etc I buy him and then the same again so I keep on spending

I will restart the game soon as I want to see how this 2014 2015 seasons going to end Currently top and doing ok
I will start from the very lowest point and see if thats better I dont play with the top teams as its not challenging to be Man U and if I do as I have in past I just sell the whole team and buy my own choices
anyway thanks for the help