I tried this for a bit, and elements of it did create some good play and action. I did find that my flanks were badly exposed however, and conceded quite a few goals in that regard. I used Leeds United with it as we are currently blessed with quite a few good central players and attacking mids.

Havent tried it in any leagues but the Danish but there it works like a charm with a mid-table team. I use defenders with high heading and positioning abilities. Do you have any ideas to make it less vulnerable from crosses and still keeping the libero?

Havent tried it in any leagues but the Danish but there it works like a charm with a mid-table team. I use defenders with high heading and positioning abilities. Do you have any ideas to make it less vulnerable from crosses and still keeping the libero?

Hi Martino

Do you have any update or tweak?

Cheers

Okay, so people complained about the tactic being vulnarable to crosses. I have tried to adress that now with a tweak version of the tactic.
I have changed the enganche to a left inverted wingback, and changed the team instructions a little bit and now it works even better. I'm top of the Danish league with AaB(mid-table prediction) and qualified to euro league beeting a norwegian team 5-1 away.
The inverted wingback needs to be a player with vision, passing and bit of dribbling skills combined with decent marking and tackling. I use a defensive playmaker type for this role as he plays through balls from time to time. PPMs could be tries killer balls and cuts inside from left flank.
Remember that your offensive mids needs to be rather fast and that all of your 5 midfielders needs good finishing as they get a lot of one on ones with the keeper.
I still use the ***. manager to make the opp instructions.
In this version the libero gets more involved as well as the players doesnt look for the enganche anymore.

DOWNLOAD HERE https://www.mediafire.com/?gd270649d8t2b39

View attachment 116215

Last edited:
Any insights here, a tweak that makes the tactic really good defensively even without wingbacks ?

Any insights here, a tweak that makes the tactic really good defensively even without wingbacks ?

Havent had time to play around with it for quite some time, so Havent made any new tweaks to make it better. Will do at some point as the original created so many chances.

I tried using Lazio, won in first 4 game in serie-a and using 4-5 players in libero. altough no one has this role, they played so well.
so far, Marco Parolo is the best, there also biglia and de vrij. i tried to make cataldi to take this role as he still young. i try a few games more and maybe post my 1st season result