Neville calls England career 'waste of time'

On an off topic note, am I the only one who thought this thread was about Phil Neville retiring from international duty, was about to lol my socks off :(

Of corse like non Utd supporters i dislike Neville as a person but i think this has an air of truth about it. The media and fans put so much pressure on the players and when they fail they get beaten to a pulp. People need to realise these footballers are still just human beings.

It really says something when one of the best professionals in the game and a really dedicated player imo, who really did work hard for his club and country even if u hate him he was a real pro. he even thought what was the point of playin for england. english media allways shooting itself in the foot. loads of hype and support before tournaments and even when they were unlucky are slated after tournaments. who would want to play international footy. if it continues alot more players like rob green will just say im retired.

phil nevis so under rated and is a legend in club football but he is not the 1st player to do this, if the media doesnot slam them as much it will help and if england got a decent manager who has good man management they would not leave until there bodies forced them

Gary Neville has said England have no chance of winning Euro 2012 and that he often felt playing for his country was a "waste of time".

Got to wonder how he'll view his Valencia career!