Nine players set to leave Aston Villa.

zakantoni

Reaction score
Last edited:
as a villa fan i would agree that the majority of these players should be looking to leave, due to either being old or not up to par,

just hope it doesnt upset the team and we end up in the championship.

Aston Villa will have to spend a chunk in January to replace all of them. Hope Villa knows what they're up against when they all leave and decide to buy only a few players.

Lerner is rich but stingy, then again O'neill did waste money on people such as salifu and harewood. Carew is decent but i'd let him go, same with Sidwell, otherweise i'd do anything to keep the rest.

When I read the title I thought it's be nine reserves with terminated contracts, but this is ridiculous. Poor desicion to let a few of them go.

If we can get replacements I have no problem in letting all but Reo-Coker, Warnock and Dunne go. I think Dunne could rediscover his form and the other two are great players, I liked having a predominantly English squad so I hope Houllier doesn't overhaul it with foreign players.

list includes Richard Dunne, Stephen Ireland, John Carew, Curtis Davis, Brad Friedel, Nigel Reo- Coker, Steve Sidwell - talks with West Ham?, Stephen Warnock and 1 more.

Would Villa have the money to replace them? or can attract better players to replace them?

Stephen Ireland - Has been **** poor this year apparently, and I'm sure Villa fans wont be to upset to see him leave.

Curtis Davies - Is on loan at Leicester, that says it all really.

Steve Sidwell - In talks with 'West Ham' for a reason, they need someone who's cheap, and can't do any better.

Any reason as to why the others are leaving?oO)

hope we move for Ireland, Heskey and Davies.

You Leicester fans really are in dream land aren't you. You will have Davies, and maybe Heskey, but Ireland.. No chance.

I'd be quite happy if you had Heskey, makes my life a lot easier when you come to Pride Park.

If we can get replacements I have no problem in letting all but Reo-Coker, Warnock and Dunne go. I think Dunne could rediscover his form and the other two are great players, I liked having a predominantly English squad so I hope Houllier doesn't overhaul it with foreign players.

Its January, you never get the right value for your money :p

I don't understand why Villa load Davies. He's good!

So How Many Of These Do You Think Will End Up At Blackpool?

Stephen Ireland - Has been **** poor this year apparently, and I'm sure Villa fans wont be to upset to see him leave.

Steve Sidwell - In talks with 'West Ham' for a reason, they need someone who's cheap, and can't do any better.

I know Carew has had a bust up with Houllier earlier this season. and according to Norwegian media, thats one of the major reasons why hes on his way out.

So How Many Of These Do You Think Will End Up At Blackpool?

Probably none.

And Why Do You Use A Capital Letter For Every Word?

I know Carew has had a bust up with Houllier earlier this season. and according to Norwegian media, thats one of the major reasons why hes on his way out.

Still, I don't think Villa will miss him either, ageing a lot now.

You Leicester fans really are in dream land aren't you. You will have Davies, and maybe Heskey, but Ireland.. No chance.

I'd be quite happy if you had Heskey, makes my life a lot easier when you come to Pride Park.
It will be nice when we do the double over you

Aston Villa bankrupty?no that stupid reason.
want to make NEXT REAL MADRID?yes they can(6)

They aren't all leaving in the January transfer window by the way. Some of them will be leaving at the end of the season.