Nintendo 3DS

Apparently Japanese people are complaining that it causes eye strain after 5 minutes of play with 3D turned on.

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.p...s-report-3DS-eye-strain-after-minutes-of-play

The Japanese company said on its website that children 6 years old and younger shouldn't play 3-D games on the coming Nintendo 3DS hand-held game machine, due for release in Japan in February. The company said looking at 3-D images for a long period of time could have an adverse effect on the eyesight development of young children.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204304204576051021329863968.html

The Japanese company said on its website that children 6 years old and younger shouldn't play 3-D games on the coming Nintendo 3DS hand-held game machine, due for release in Japan in February. The company said looking at 3-D images for a long period of time could have an adverse effect on the eyesight development of young children.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204304204576051021329863968.html

I just want to see if it's true, them adverts sell it really well.

Played a 3DS it dows work but it is way too gimmicky for my liking. Next time Nintendo should plough all money into devloping better games

Well, the big release is today. Thankfully, it's currently being delivered to my house. Has a text at 9 this morning to say 'your delivery will arrive between 7am and 6pm'.. cheers! oO)

A mate who works at Toys R Us has been playing with it for a few days now, and says it is massively overrated, and to certain people the 3D screen sends their eyes funny.

Obviously its an improvement with a new display, although for the amount of money is apparently not worth it.

I am yet to make my own opinion, but it seems all i had heard before released was that they were going to be amazing, and all iv heard since a few people have had their hands on them is the words not worth it.

A mate who works at Toys R Us has been playing with it for a few days now, and says it is massively overrated, and to certain people the 3D screen sends their eyes funny.

Obviously its an improvement with a new display, although for the amount of money is apparently not worth it.

I am yet to make my own opinion, but it seems all i had heard before released was that they were going to be amazing, and all iv heard since a few people have had their hands on them is the words not worth it.

Fair enough, I shall find out soon hopefully. Thanks for the heads-up :)

Fair enough, I shall find out soon hopefully. Thanks for the heads-up :)

I hope their wrong mate i really do, would be great for us all if the technology advancement was successful! The mate who works at TRU is a very critical person with ratings of things so it may not be as bad as he makes out, one of them annoying people who thinks the entire world is **** :$

But apparently a few people that work with him feel the same, so let us know what you think ;)

Angry Birds & Paper Toss > Playing a Nintendo DS of any kind. Plus 3Ds meh on a big screen most of the time, so can't imagine "Cookin' with momma" will be particularly fantastic in 3D.

Will be obsolete in a years time.

Last edited:
Well it's just arrived, sadly I'm about to catch the bus to town so no time to play it yet, but once I do I'll be sure to post my review here :)

I may get it in a while's time, way too expensive for a handheld.

A mate of mine got his today and a had a quick go on it and i have tbh i thought it would be slightly better thats not say its no good tho but i was slightly dissapointed!!! He had 2 games street fighter and pilot wings i have 2 say pilot wings looked pretty awesome but it did slightly hurt my eyes but i dont suppose it would if you got used to it!!

Overall slightly overrated but i'd still give it perhaps a 7 or 7.5/10

It's the first ever product in the history of product creation that has 3-D capabilities without needing glasses. Give it its props where they are due.

Well, I've had a few days to play it and may I say, I cannot get enough of it! The aspects of it are just quality. Granted, PES11 was NOT the best choice of game (slightly disappointing that you can't really edit anything) but still, the 3D is totally noticeable. Will post a full review later.

Been considering buying a preowned DS Lite but may just bite my tounge until this drops. We'll see though.