No Goal Machines? - I don't think so...

Reaction score
2 Words... Jordan Rhodes. I'm sure by now you all know that Jordan Rhodes is arguably the best goalscorer on this game behind Cavani, but not many of you will know his capabilities. It was deadline day, 2nd September 2014, Real Madrid had sold Karim Benzema to Chelsea, i was left with Ronaldo and Jese as my main men, but obviously i needed a backup, so with 2 hours remaining, i snapped up Jordan Rhodes for ?9m. I knew it was a risk as he was a lower premier league side player but i was out of options. Ronaldo was out with a calf injury forcing me to play Barcelona with Rhodes and Jese.. No chance right? No. Rhodes scored a hattrick as we won 5-0 in the nou camp. The season went on and i won the league with 102 points, Jordan Rhodes scored in every game but 2. he finished the season top scorer ahead of Messi and El Arabi with 36 goals. In all my other saves i could never get the best out of my strikers, but it goes to show with the right roles, tactics and formation, you can make the most of your strenghts and cancel out any weaknesses. As Cavani and Falcao were both on the market i could not turn down the ?29m bid received from Man Utd, but i still followed Rhodes during the following season as he won the Golden Boot award and scored 31 goals for Man Utd. No doubt in my mind Rhodes is the bargain of the game.

lol in all honesty Rhodes is a player who's attributes are deceiving, he did amazing for me in my spurs save, what role did you get the best out of him? for me if did great in AF

Used to be Ishmael Miller on past fms, attributes not great but was always up there with the top scorers on my saves

Rhodes plays best for me as a DLF or CF partnered with a F9, both support duties. I've found he is very good from crosses even though as you say his stats are deciving. He normally plays best for me with another striker up there with him as you've probably found out already.

have you got a screenshot of him? would be interesting to see

In fm12 Nino from Tenerife was excellent. Does anyone remember?

Kelle Vossen is good too, good attributes but quite low star ratings. Had him in fm 12 too. Also a great tutor for the youngsters

Last edited: