md5423

Reaction score
I am playing as San Marino an italian team, and when i go to most national teams u19. and even the players without i club im not allowed to sign them why?

San Marino is a minicipality. and is classed as a nation. therefore, you can only 'sign' players who are from San Marino...

no, i have italian players, austrian, and one guy from mali. fyi im talking about the club san marino which is competing in the italian leagues. not the nation. so what do u think

hmmm. strange. is it similar to Catalonia ?

yeah, i bought a player from england when i was with san marino

could it have anything to do with database?

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

also, i just started one with man u just to see if it was the same, and looked at mali and most of the players on the u19 were gray shaded and there was no option to sign them. so it can;t be becuase i was playing as san marino

lol youy are talking about players generated to fill space in a teas squad that isnt occupied by a real player as you ahvent loaded a big enough database. its quite common to find this as it would require a really powerful computer to load all the leagues and players.

you cannot sign these players as they arent real, they are just generated to fill the squad of a team that doesnt have any players

haha got it

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

one more problem. when i look at the germany national squad first team ALL players are gray and fake but on the over view top players say "rene adler" , "philip lahm etc. and all the real players. why?

i was just looking at portuguese clubs and a lot of them have players in grey, if i ever start a new game and make portugal as "view only" would they get regens?

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

and instead of fake players in grey why dont they just make them regens??

regens still should come through, just not in gret numbers.

yes a view only league is a fully active league, apart from the fact that you cant manage there.

if every player was a regen then there would be a massive amount of data floating around (similar to laoding all players and leagues) and your computer would run so slowly.

view only would mean they get real players and yes eventually regens.

And your not allowed to manage Germany and Japan for some licensing reason but instead they use fake players who have exactly the same stats as real players and then it doesn't have to bring in loads of regens.. If you know what I'm trying to say?

ok if i make every country/league view only and only a few playable would my laptop be VERY slow

in a word: yes lol

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

its a better idea to load players from nations you regularly buy from. eg portugal, argentina, brazil etc etc

Last edited:
ok if i make every country/league view only and only a few playable would my laptop be VERY slow

If you just want players from other nations then use the "Load players From" tool on the setup wizard, view only is a waste of time and will just use your RAM and take ages to process.

- Choose the leagues you want to play
- Then where it says "database size" select custom
- Then select players based in nation
- And choose the country you wished to have all players loaded from, and repeat until you have are happy :)

If you just want players from other nations then use the "Load players From" tool on the setup wizard, view only is a waste of time and will just use your RAM and take ages to process.

- Choose the leagues you want to play
- Then where it says "database size" select custom
- Then select players based in nation
- And choose the country you wished to have all players loaded from, and repeat until you have are happy :)

having been at work all morning, my brain lost the function to word what i was trying to say like this lol