rassy7

Reaction score
Ok, I'm am now half way through my third full day in a row of trying to make this league work properly. I have come to the conclusion that the Football Manager 2014 Editor and/or the game itself are just broken and need to be fixed.

There is no way to do the following:

Restrict a team to an age range (max age/min age)
Force transfer to only take place during a transfer window (they do it when they want regardless)
Force teams to waive players who were not selected for a squad, registered or assigned numbers (none of them work)
Force a team to give all players amateur contracts and the coaches/staff full-time contracts

Just about every place age can be restricted, it is. I have min age (18) and max age (21) set for every single team in this lower league. I have, within the Rules Index I created for the leagues and assigned to the competitions, restricted the squad selection to show no more than 1 O22 player on each squad (actually set to "less than 1 O22" because when I said "equals 0," there was NO WAY to advance past registration EVEN IF THERE WAS NOBODY OLDER THAN 17 ON THE TEAM. Had to go on vacation). Age check dates are on and set to the same date in all the same places.

So what happens to those 22-year-olds (and 17-, 16- and even 15-year-olds) who were added to those previously-empty teams by the computer at the start of the new save after registration, because all the settings say waive unregistered players and they can't legally be registered? Here's what happens, the AI gets to keep them on the team with the Unregistered tag even past registration deadline. How they don't get waived is beyond me. GLITCH!

Transfer Window: I have been buried in the Editor adjusting the transfer window for nation USA. The top two (spring and summer) I assigned to only the MLS for testing (which excludes the lower leagues with which I'm working). I adjusted the third, which may have come with the lower leagues pack I am editing, to the correct division level (that alone did not work) and assigned the competition(s) specifically (which also didn't make a difference). Teams repeatedly make free transfers to and from their teams at will.

This one bugs me. I'm doing all this to simulate college soccer (four-year eligibility, which partly explains why I am going with an age range of roughly four years, and the financial situation, which is a little different). Coaches make money, players don't. I can't believe there is absolutely no way to replicate this circumstance. If teams are set to amateur, salary-less amateur contracts are offered to everybody (coaches and players), even if you set all the staff contracts to full-time. If you switch to semi-pro teams and set all the player contracts to amateur and coaches to full-time, you get the other end -- coaches get those full-time contracts but all the players are signed to non-contracts, which of course come with salaries. WTF? No way to have both. It's either all or nothing, regardless of what the Editor says. So much of what is adjustable in the Editor simply does not work at all.

Any ideas? Maybe an editors which works might come out soon or ... I dunno.

USA in a nightmare league to code unless you create a new league from scratch, the USA rules are mostly hard coded due to the draft side of the league.