Nottingham Forest

Ubernisation

Reaction score
Any other fans of Forest out there?

Only been able to get to one game this year due to work and being at uni, but it's been a weird season for us. I was initially hopeful, I think McClaren is a very good coach despite what happened, but I did feel incomfortable at sacking Davies just to replace him with McClaren. We now have Cotteril as manager, how has had some decent results and seems like a very nice guy, but I doubt has the nouse of Davies. Our economic situation seems weird, Doughty has resigned as chairman and if you read this you'll see how much money he's invested in the club, should he pull out we're screwed. It might be time to start selling our key assets? I heard teams like Villa were sniffing around McGugan, and Arsenal put in a 5m offer for one of our young centrebacks.

We also made some very astute signings that haven't seen to come off. Greening was a solid player in the prem, Andy Reid has some amazing skills on his day but just doesn't seem up for it, Derbyshire I always rated at Blackburn and by all reports he had a pretty good time at Champions League playing Olympiacos and Ishmael Miller is big and powerful with a bit of pace; whilst we only lost Earnshaw and Tyson of note. I think we still have a better squad than the season before, just not the belief or coaching to get the bestout of the players

I predicted 6th-10th pre season, still pretty confident this'll be about where we'll end.

Last edited: