homer2k5

Reaction score
Whats the oldest player you've ever seen on a game? Here is mine, will take some beating!!

Haha, I came across the same player last week! I was like wtf....although considered a move for him as a backup GK for my Pro Sesto team :p

Henry Smith the old Hearts keeper was 50 something in one of the old fm's. as if you still play at that age

Well thats decided im signing Stefano for Newcastle! Sod Manuel Neuer this guys gonna be my new number 1 lol

how old was Peter Shilton when he packed in? or Butch Wilkins, he was quite old.

i looked into the Chimney Corner squad out of interest and i think their goal keeping coach is still registered to play (in case of injury crisis) he's 72 years young this season.

Shilton was 47 when he retired lol. Romario was 41

irk the oldest league player is chairman who wanted to have a record i think it was like hartlepool or cheltenham he played for 3 mins and didnt touch the ball..

yhh that bloke is he oldest person i've seen

wos the youngest youve seen? is the limit 14 i've only seen 14..

freddy adu was 13 when i first found him on an old championship manger. he left me for barca on a free at age 19 but returned 6months later for a princely 32million.... ouch. ive never seen anyone younger than 14 on football manager 09.

speaking of old players. on fm08 i had teddy sheringham up front with his son charlie as kettering manager. teddy at 44 was is my oldest ever player closely followed by his replacement after retirement, barry hayles at 42 lol.

I tried to get Gerrard the all time top capped England player & he retired 1 short after the Euro's!! No one is even close to the record now as Terry, Ferdinand, Beckham, Lampard & both Cole's all retired at the same time!

Think Rooney is next on like 80 odd. :( Got him the all time top scorer for England though :)