On to a Corker here! 22 games unbeaten LLM!

iota4u

Reaction score
Hey Hey,

I thought i would give myself a daunting task and start as one of the worse teams in the english game, Maidenhead United, predicted finish 17th Skrill South who have a "Meh" squad, had to drag in a lot of free players on cruddy wages!

Anyway, the tactic i am using is a 4-4-2 with a target man and poacher, the targetman just needs strength and passing ability and the poacher is all about speed, a lot of my goals are from the midfield or wingers passing to the targetman who then passes it into space for the poacher, also 30 odd assists have been from the wingers too, can't complain. I am just going to tweak it some more before i release it, do not wish to release it until i feel it is ready.

With this tactic i have thus far played 22 odd games, won 20, drawn 2, 63 ish goals with 16 conceded, Strikers have scored 33 odd between them (poacher 21, targetman 12), the tireless midfielder has scored about 15, the rest are a mix of penalties, free kicks and the odd own goal from the opposing team, of which there seem to be a lot in the skrill south heh.

here are some screenies thus far:

View attachment 440307

View attachment 440306

View attachment 440305

I have exceeded expectations, still in all domestic cups, starting to play the big boys soon, so i may lose one or two, but that is to be expected! Maidenhead United are 12 points clear at the top by early November, not a bad start for a very low ranked team. ^^

Last edited:
Oi what do mean one of the worst teams in England!!?? ;-)

I manage them every time a new fm comes out, good luck, the budget is non existent, they have like 16 players at the club in total, I usually do well at the start then get hit with injuries and can't cover. Will check back and see how your doing.

there are only two players i kept on, brown and nisbet, the rest were replaced with laughable contracts compared to their ability, so come summer it will be an interesting times, probably lose everyone heh. Maidenhead united are bad, well, in game and left to their own devices, they just skate through, this poacher of mine is on fire he gets on average 2 goals a game, going to try to keep him before the bigger clubs come looming.

Yeah that was the other thing, I kept losing my top players to other teams.
i made a 4231 for them and run riot in the league but when I tried it out with Man U it completely flopped, it was weird because I thought if Maidenhead can play this sexy football what can utd do.....but no it didn't work.

Maidenheads stadium is like 5mins from my house, I've seen them play loads, and yes they are **** lol

i live in twyford, so only 10 minute train journey, Maidenhead united are the team i support out of pity aha, anyway, going to play some more games, got MK Dons in the FA cup, so i might be have my first defeat soon, which is to be expected tbh.

I always seem to get them in the cup too, I re signed Will Hendry and he was magic for me. Good luck with it.

I always seem to get them in the cup too, I re signed Will Hendry and he was magic for me. Good luck with it.

Luck? i just needed MK dons to field a reserve squad, which they did, with some youngsters, but i never would have predicted THIS result.

View attachment 440267 View attachment 440266 View attachment 440265 View attachment 440264

Still, as ecstatic as i am, the draw was just done for the next round, i play fulham, ohwell, surely that is a deffo match i can't win :p

My poacher, in early december , has already scored 34 goals but i have lost one match /cry, against basingstoke of all teams, just couldn't convert anything and they got a very mucky and scruffy goal in the 89th minute grrrr.

if you need someone to test it for you, I'm available for some testing, looks like a masterpiece :)

looks amazing. what formation it will be m8?

looks amazing. what formation it will be m8?

4-4-2
limited full backs, CD's as cover n stopper.

Wingers, B2B mid, DLP

TM and Poacher

with a fair few shouts too.

Should upload it mate.

will do soon, just playing a few extra games, first.

Also, 4th round FA cup, i think it was, played fulham, lost 3-1 /cry, was leading until my captain and best defender got sent off, then my targetman got injured grrr.

Great thank you, do you think it will work with big teams? And whats your general training and match prep?

training and match prep are in the link above ^^

Big teams? well, if you change the LFB's to Wing backs and the strikers to AF and DLF then it may work, but it's rigid and not very creative to serve the lower teams as bigger teams tend to have those players who can multi task, basically.