As you can see from the Fixtures, the tactics that I've made have been work decently and I can actually take a loss (Spurs) but this Everton game is annoying me.

View attachment 379401View attachment 379402View attachment 379403

These are the two tactics I mainly play depending on Home and Away or the strength of the opposition. But these tactics seem to be blown out of the water by an Everton 442 Direct Overly Aggressive tactic.

Please help. If you want anymore screens please ask.

I just want to know how to combat this type of play. Once I get an idea and can happily progress through the game even if I still lose.

Firstly
- Dont neglect the fact that in a specific game, the Everton players might be really fired up and if they initially succed in tackling, passing etc, then they will stay this way through out the game.

Secondly
- If they are all over you in midfield ( they are actually outnumbering you 4 to 3), perhaps its better to let the DPL and CM/defend nOT hold up the ball, especially since they are close together. Here, it might be that their winger, one FC and 2 MCs come at them a the same time as they dwell on the ball, passing it to each other.

This does not help me at all, you're asking me question I don't have the answer to.

Pass out from the back, they lose the ball from sheer pressure that Everton put on me.
Goal kick, Everton win the ball back pretty soon even though I have a 6'4 striker with 17 Jumping.

I outnumber them in midfield 3 to 2. My tactic is set up to pass short. Doesn't matter 442 Overly Aggressive wins the ball back in seconds. There's is no punishment for the team being so aggressive and slide tackling at every opportunity.

My fastest striker has 14 pace, I'm limited. I can exploit space, as I get have the ball they get it off me by being overly aggressive.

Again, why must I have to abandon my whole way of playing just to combat an overly aggressive AI. IMO it's silly.

you dont have to abandon it, just change it so maybe a cmr to ball winning mid and cml to central mid on defend and have a highly expressive DLP in DMC role if you play it through the middle perhaps use a deep lying forward which can them bring the wide players into play, unfortunatley there isnt a secret and/or obvious recipe to success on this edition.

im mainly having issues onmy strikers not scoring so il change the play to a more direct approach and maybe set my stratergy to attack,but that then means i need to be prepared for counter attacks so il set my back 4 to defend and let me DMCs' mop up and recycle possesion so then i can press forward again

instead of thinking 2+2 = 4 with this kind of situation you HAVE to make 2+2= 22

hope that helps