saulabbiss

Reaction score
So here is the story based on my pass the parcel save for this year which i will be playing with fmisawesome and t1LL13.

Ledley King is the unemployed manager with professional reputation.

View attachment 427319 View attachment 427318

So i received 2 job interviews early into the first season!

Ledley King accepts Bristol City job offer!

View attachment 427265

Our first match was against oldham and it seemed as though we would get off to a great start leading 2-0 ended drawing 3-3. I managed not to lose to many matches during my short time as manager of bristol city which leaves the club in a stable position on the edge of the play off places!

View attachment 427258

So I have passed it on to the next manager who is in for a tough time with no money to play with and a distinctively average team, with the board wanting the title.

Last edited:
January '14 - June '14

View attachment 425262View attachment 425261

So we started in January, and the club weren't in the best position. We had a good team but most of our team were injured and we were performing very badly.

Results:
View attachment 425260

As you can see, I did incredibly badly, losing almost every game, and the club kept sliding down the table. Our job was heavily under threat, and I was just waiting to get fired when I noticed a vacancy at Aj Auxerrre in Ligue 2. They are known for having a very good youth academy, having most recently produced the one and only Yaya Sanogo, Eric Cantona and Laurent Blanc also played there. A club with a good history, they were relegated from Ligue 1 two seasons ago and have been underperforming in Ligue 2 so far, despite having one of the strongest squads.

So they offered us a job, and King packed his bags and headed to France

Looking at the squad, we had one of the best teams in the League, and we made a good start, rising out of our very low place in the League. Although we couldn't quite maintain that form we still managed to finish 11th and our youth academy also produced some great prospects which we can look forward to.

Results:

View attachment 425258

League Table:

View attachment 425257
So I'm feeling pretty confident that we can build on our strong finish next season, and have a good chance of promotion. The two key players that I would single out would be Paul-Georges Ntep and Axel Ngando who both performed very well for me.

View attachment 425254View attachment 425253

So, I'd like to wish my successor very good luck with Aj Auxerre!​

View attachment 496284

So this is the start of my 6 months with the save (i say 6 months, i was actually given this on the 17th May which is an extra month and a half) anyway, moving on.

When i received the save we were the coach of Auxerre in France. We finished 11th in Ligue 2 which is a dsgrace for a club of Auxerre's history and size. My first job was to evaluate the squad. I did evaluate it and I kind of wish i hadn't. The squad was awful despite a couple of players. With 3m of debt and no real team, this job was far more work than i had time for, so the job hunting began.........

View attachment 421877View attachment 421875

View attachment 421874

This was quite exciting as they have some very good youth prospects and very good facilities, I had applied for loads of jobs and this one was the first decent one that came up.

Not much else happened in May and June so that is the end of my first update, short but sweet but there is much more to follow, the next update will be or July and August​

Last edited:
Really not sure why the screenies aint working!!

I will try another update and see....

View attachment 421873
July & August Update

Tranfers

I bought a few and sold a few, nothing major if i am honest. The loans at the end of the window were desperate, needed wingers and managed to get 3 good ones on loan.

View attachment 421872

Pre-season

Pre-season always bores me so here is a picture.....

View attachment 421867

League Table

After 8 games we are looking quite comfortable, it is very early and with 38 games to go i wasnt counting any chickens just yet.....

View attachment 421871

Fixtures

A break down of the first few games of the season, again its early so being a little pesimistic lol

View attachment 421868

Squad

Just a little look at the squad and stats for the first few games, not very much to see

View attachment 421869

Player of the Month

Always a hard one to choose especially over two months but this was in the end an easy call, played very well since the start of the season. Free transfer aswell is always good, take a bow Adam Smith.

View attachment 421864
Well thats me updated up to the end of August, next up couple of tough months. Oh and the below picture wasn't exactly what i needed this early in the season......

View attachment 421863

View attachment 421861

September & October Update

So with out Transfers or Pre-season, i will jump straight into our fixtures for the two months.

Fixtures

Only two losses this time around but not good enough, shouldnt be losing games,at all!!! lol The Bournemouth game was one of those games where i wanted to slowly save and quit my game shut all my programs on the laptop, gently close it over and launch the fecking thing out the ****** window, however, i did not.

View attachment 421860View attachment 421859

League Table

Sitting 2nd with a game in hand after a 3rd-ish of the season, quite happy with how things are going.

View attachment 421857

Squad

I little overlook over the squad and the stats so far this season.

View attachment 421856

Player of the Month

Again this was a difficult one, the most difficult of my three but in the end this boy seemed to be just edging everyone else this month. Take a bow, again, Adam Smith

View attachment 421855

Thats me done for another 2 months, only one update to go then it is over to Saul. Only last thing to add, i managed to talk the board into upgrading the training and Youth Facilities.

View attachment 421854View attachment 421853

.​

View attachment 421852
Woo hoo, my final update of this stage of the Ledley King Story, its been a long time to get here, seeing as i played 7 1/2 months so its time to wrap up my turn....

Fixtures

Had a little dip in form here but nothing major, we should be able to bounce back with half a season to go. The Tottenham result and performance was the best of the season by a country mile.

View attachment 421849

League Table

Not 2nd anymore but only 4 points from the top so sitting nicely at the right end of the table.

View attachment 421848

Squad

Half season stats for the squad, not bad reading for a young team

View attachment 421846

Player of the Month

Adam Smith was very close again but our young midfield dynamo nipped him to it this time with some great performances. Take a bow Will Hughes...

View attachment 421845

Just as i was coming to the end of my 6 months i received this bit of news, could be an exciting prospect or it could be nothing...

View attachment 421843

Well thats me, done my 6 months. Its been a long save for some reason but its beengood to get my teeth into this. I think it has been a good 6 months but thats up to you guys to decide that. With such a young team i think we are well above expectations so things are looking good for the rest of the season. I now pass this over to Saul who is a die hard Forest fan, ha couldn't of written it if i had tried ;)

You're welcome................

.​

View attachment 498864

January Update
As some of you already know I am a huge Nottingham Forest fan so managing Derby County is not something that I would choose to do, but not many of you know is that I once had a trial at Derby for a while and played with Hughes and Bennett. With these players still at the club does make it quite interesting.

Transfers
Due to the team performing very well I chose that I decided that I did not need the January transfer window until I noticed that our keeper Lee Grant was injured for 4-6 weeks. So I decided that I would look for a keeper better than Grant to sign.

View attachment 420569
View attachment 420568
I found this keeper I had never heard of before called Gianluca Curci so I trusted my scouts and beat Nottingham Forest to signing him. Feel like I am turning to the dark side.

I also decided to bring Milan Lalkovic back from his loan spell at Bristol City due to his strong performances for them, he scored on his first game back at Derby County.

Results
Here is a screenshot of the results and goal scorers, as you will see we are into the 5th round of the FA cup after following up a huge win against Newcastle with a tight match against MK Dons which we eventually showed our class in.

View attachment 420567

League Table
3 consecutive clean sheets and wins to start my period in charge of Derby County fired us to the top of the table. However due to the last 2 games we have ended the month in 3rd.

View attachment 420566

3 wins and a draw from 5 league games during march with 3 clean sheets helped manager Ledley King to his second manager of the month award so far for the 2014/15 season.

View attachment 420563

Player of the Month
This was very difficult with some top performances especially across defence, but due to the goals scored in the fa cup as well as the clean sheets and his solid performances at the heart of defence Player of the Month had to go to Danny Wilson.

View attachment 420564

Last edited:
View attachment 499329

February Update

Results
We had a very strong month during February which saw us yet again rise to the top of the table only to fall back a little again.

View attachment 420333

As you can see we had some comfortable wins and I was very please we managed to progress through to the quarter finals of the fa cup which we have yet again had a relatively nice draw to play Burnley away. The loss to Peterborough was very disappointing given the contrasting league positions between the two sides.

League Table
As you will see we are currently sitting nicely in the top 2 automatic promotion places. Not much more need be said.

View attachment 420332

Player of the Month
Coming up to the sheffield wednesday game this was between Sunny who plays the unsung hero role of holding midfield and deserves credit for the number of clean sheets Derby have kept so far and Mark O'Brien. However Sunny got sent off in the Sheffield Wednesday game and O'Brien took advantage by scoring. So yet again player of the month goes to a centre back who has managed to contribute by scoring a couple of goals. A mention must go to James Henry who had a great month.

View attachment 420331

Doing really well so far mate, first might be a bit of a stretch but hopefully you can hold on in second in what looks like a very tight race for promotion!

View attachment 501342

March Update

Results
The month of march was very kind to us in terms of fixtures with only one team to play in the top half of the league big rivals Nottingham Forest.

View attachment 419433

So due to playing many of the lower teams in the division we had a very strong month winning 4 out of 5 league games including a solid 1-0 win over Nottingham Forest. And a big FA Cup quarter final win against Burnley to set up a Semi-final clash against arsenal at Wembley. But the month disappointingly included a loss to bottom of the league Preston.

View attachment 419432

The yeovil match was very interesting with 3 yeovil players sent off and 4 goals scored which will significantly help our goal difference which could be vital in our bid for promotion.

League Table
Winning 4 out of 5 league game were enough to fire us to top of the league and create a 4 point gap between ourselves and blackburn in 3rd with just 6 games left. I believe just 3 more wins will see us win promotion to the promised land of the premier league.

View attachment 419431

Player of the Month

Danny Wilson who has become Mr Consistent again wins Player of the Month award with an average rating of 7.83, 3 goals and 4 clean sheets during the month of March ran out clear winner of the award. Will Hughes and Craig Bryson also had a great month.

View attachment 419428

Looking forward to the closing games of the season and hopefully we can bring promotion to the Premier League for Derby County.

View attachment 501978

April + May Update

League Results

So going into the last 6 games of the season we were sat in 1st place 1 point ahead of West Ham. With some tough games to play against reading, blackburn, hull and charlton who had performed well all season in the league.

View attachment 419138

Winning 5 out of 6 games you would have thought we would have won the title comfortably. But no. The title came down to the last game of the season, we needed a point to win the league and we fortunately beat hull 2-1 coming from behind to claim the title.

View attachment 419137

Our performance in the league earned us the manager of the year award and 5 players made it into the players' team of the year.

View attachment 419136 View attachment 419135

Following our Championship win came renewed interest in possible buyers of the club.

View attachment 419134

Fa Cup

So for the big day out to Wembley for the Derby fans we faced arsenal. And Arsenal didn't look to be taking any chances lining up with a very strong side.

View attachment 419132

We lined up in the formation which had worked so well for us in the league with Sunny holding the midfield and counter acting the threat from Cazorla between the lines.

View attachment 419131

During the game we managed to keep Arsenal to very few shot and young Mason Bennett only had a few chances of his own playing as our lone striker. However Bennett stepped up to the plate and managed to put away 2 goals, which fired derby through to the final of the FA CUP!!!

View attachment 419128

The Final!

The final was a very strange game to say the least.

The Line ups
View attachment 419127
View attachment 419126

We had a few injuries and suspensions which gave me little choice in terms of my starting 11 for the final forcing me to play butcher in the holding role due to sunny's suspension, and vela in the cm role as bryson was injured. Mason Bennett earned his role as the lone striker following his performance in the Semi Final.

View attachment 419125

In the game we ran out 3-1 winners however 2 of the goals were gifted to us through major errors from Wigan, handing us the FA CUP!!!!!!!! which is the greatest achievement i have had on fm 14!

View attachment 419124 View attachment 419122

The FA cup also comes with another perk that is that we will also be playing european football next season.

View attachment 419123

Player of the Month

This was an easy decision to make scoring 4 goals and putting in fantastic performances in the middle of the park to Player of the month award had to go to young Will Hughes.

View attachment 419118

Team Stats

View attachment 419114

Adam Smith topped the team stats for the number of games played and put in some key performances and was one of the key players for derby this season. Danny Wilson scored the highest average rating and was nothing shy of Outstanding during my time as manager of Derby.

Player of the Year

The Player of the Year Award was given to Danny Wilson.

View attachment 419099

This seasons best 11.

View attachment 419098

So my time as manager of Derby is almost over I will now complete the rest of june and pass the game on to the next manager.

Preseason and August '15

View attachment 418555

Derby County Football Club - Hitting The Big Time

After some fantastic work by both my predecessors, it is now my job to make sure we don't screw up our first six months in the Premier League. We were told that we needed to avoid relegation and given a decent transfer and wage budget of about ?17 million. I changed about the staff and then had a look at the squad. We had a very solid team, but I felt we were weakest on the flanks and also needed a new left back...

Transfers:

View attachment 418553

There were no major players leaving us, although I tried to get rid of a few unneeded players, but no clubs were really interested.

Haidara

View attachment 418550

A very good left back who we got for a decent price and wage, very happy with this transfer.

Sissoko

View attachment 418548

A very cheap central midfielder from recently relegated Newcastle, who should be able to slot in beside Will Hughes.
Vadillo

View attachment 418546

A very fast wonderkid who should be our first choice right winger, provided he settles in.

However, after his first friendly match:

View attachment 418545

For F*cks sake.

Brignoli
View attachment 418544

Solid young keeper who should rotate with Curci in the number one spot

Falque

View attachment 418543

A good free signing who will probably be first choice left winger

We have by far the youngest squad in the Premier League, with an average age of only 23, and it could all go badly wrong if we lose confidence. We had the Community Shield and a few Premier League matches to play in August though:

View attachment 418542

Although we didn't do as badly as the scoreline suggested, Premier League winners Tottenham were still far too good for us and we deserved to lose. Although it would have been nice to win, this competition definitely wasn't a priority for the season.

Premier League:

View attachment 418541

Not a great month but not a terrible one either. We had a good win against Southampton before losing slightly unluckily to Stoke, before Chelsea tore us apart. It's been a solid start but to finish somewhere decent in the table we need to build on it.

View attachment 418539

We are just above the relegation zone at this early stage but we are also equal on points with 5 other teams. Chelsea and Manchester United have both made great starts and are probably the favourites this year, while Manchester City have been below expectations so far.

Player of the Month: Will Hughes

Has pkayed very well for us this month, scoring two goals and turning in some impressive performances, and winning the Young Player of the Month. I've got a feeling that he is destined for greatness and will one day be among the best in the world

View attachment 418536

View attachment 418535

September and October '15

View attachment 417720

We made a solid but not incredible start to the season and now we needed to knuckle down and continue our form. The problem was, some of our new signings really weren't performing well, especially a certain Haidara. I'll leave it to the fans to sum up his performances so far:

View attachment 417716

We did reach one personal landmark this month though:

View attachment 417715

Here's to another 100 games in management! It says in the email that I was under-fire, but we'll get to that later.

Results:

View attachment 417714

A mixed set of results. We were doing incredibly well in Europe, beating CSKA Moscow and Real Sociedad, and had also advanced in the League Cup. In the Premier League however, we weren't doing as well, and although we had some good results we were dropping in the table.

Europa League Table:

View attachment 417709

Premier League:

View attachment 417704

However, something happened near the end of October...

View attachment 417703

We got taken over by a much richer consortium, who instantly pumped about ?50 million into the club. This was great news, until I got this message from the new chairman:

View attachment 417702

And a few days later...

View attachment 417700

So we are now back to being unemployed.

Sorry to end on such a downer, but I think we should be able to find a decent job fairly quickly, which is what I'll try to do in the next two months.​

View attachment 505100

We made a solid but not incredible start to the season and now we needed to knuckle down and continue our form. The problem was, some of our new signings really weren't performing well, especially a certain Haidara. I'll leave it to the fans to sum up his performances so far:

View attachment 505108

We did reach one personal landmark this month though:

View attachment 505109

Here's to another 100 games in management! It says in the email that I was under-fire, but we'll get to that later.

Results:

View attachment 505111

A mixed set of results. We were doing incredibly well in Europe, beating CSKA Moscow and Real Sociedad, and had also advanced in the League Cup. In the Premier League however, we weren't doing as well, and although we had some good results we were dropping in the table.

Europa League Table:

View attachment 505122

Premier League:

View attachment 505133

However, something happened near the end of October...

View attachment 505136

We got taken over by a much richer consortium, who instantly pumped about ?50 million into the club. This was great news, until I got this message from the new chairman:

View attachment 505137

And a few days later...

View attachment 505141

So we are now back to being unemployed.

Sorry to end on such a downer, but I think we should be able to find a decent job fairly quickly, which is what I'll try to do in the next two months.​
unlucky dude almost happened to me at everton well you have experience in winning trophies so should do you well :p

Wow even fm knows derby are scum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 411148

Newcastle United FC

So at the start of my 6 month in charge we had a job offer from newcastle united, who had recently been relegated from the premier league and I decided to accept the offer.

July and August

Transfers
View attachment 411147
So i decided that i would rebuild the squad with players that i know can perform at championship level and get us into the premier league, as you can see from the screenshot there was also a lot of deadwood to be removed from the club. A loan from Januzaj was pleasing and i also brought in 2 players from my beloved forest who i know can perform very well at this standard, (Jamie Paterson and Chris Cohen)

Squad
View attachment 411143
I believe we have a squad that is very strong and we should be aiming to win the championship this season. I am also looking to hopefully use the depth we have in the cups and get on a bit of a cup run like we did with derby. I hope we can win a cup again and get into europe next season and I think the league cup will probably be our best chance to do that.

Results
View attachment 411139 View attachment 411137
Off to an unbeaten start in the league is pleasing and to have comfortably got through two rounds of the league cup things are looking very bright for this season.

Table
The strong start to the league has seen us move straight into the leading pack and we are sat in 3rd place with 3 wins and 2 draws from our first 5 games.
View attachment 411134

Awards
View attachment 411133 View attachment 411132

Estigarribia took the leagues player of the month award and comfortably claimed Newcastle player of the month for August.

View attachment 411130

During August Estigarribia scored a staggering 8 goals in 6 games from left wing and is looking like he is going to be a key player in our push for the title.