Paulo Sousa Leaves Swansea

wrong choice should have stayed at swansea better players more change of sucess

Surprised at this, Swansea are a good team who have a decent chance of promotion this season. And Sousa was doing a good job, no?

Swans fan here... our board didnt pick him for his rep, it was because Martinez turned Swansea from nothing into something and he did it by playing free-flowing attacking football like Arsenal. Fans loved him for it and we nearly made the playoffs in our first season up. So it was a huge and bitter blow when he left and we all knew (board included) his replacement would need to be an advocate of the same style or the players would be unsettled and we just arent great enough defensively to play the rigid football we so often see at this level.

He managed to do just as good as Martinez and i can promise you no-one saw that coming, so in my eyes he's more than alright.

If he's talking to Leicester bad news for Swans fans but seriously you Leicester fans.... if you play slow, defensive football with strength and power then he aint the guy for you. If your players prefer to pass it around and keep possession then he could do great things, after all he has so much playing experience and stuff.

If the latter, better hope your pitch is in good condition, and be prepared to expect a midseason slump cus bad weather doesn't suit teams you slide the ball along the turf, for obvious reasons.

Anyway, my two cents :)

This may seem odd but I think of him as the same type of manager as Mourinho, Guardiola and Martinez ( when he trys ) the kind of manager who cares about how they look on the touch line, not just a track suit or a suit and all 3 managers play an attacking brand of football. Whenever I saw Swansea play last season they were attacking and looked so much better than Leicester they looked more relaxed on the ball and appeared to look like they knew what they wanted to do with it. I just hope he can do this with Leicester.

I dont really want him at Leicester last season Swansea scored the fewist goals in the championship, I know that they also conceded the least goals too but I would like to see more attacking football and would rather see us win 3-2 than 1-0 and draw 2-2 than 0-0.
Anyway I think it is going to happen so I will give him a fair chance and see what he can do.

Leicester till I Die

Odd decisions flying about these days. Swansea don't have much luck with managers though.

Probably a good move for him as Leicester have the better financial backing and bigger fanbase, giving them more of a chance of going up and staying up in the Premier League. Hopefully Swansea can get another young manager in, Gary Speed has been linked which would be fantastic for everyone, giving him a first opportunity at a Welsh club.