TBell95

Reaction score
i just wanted to know if it is a good idea to buy a player just because he has had a good season.

E.G a striker with pretty average stats scores 25+ goals in the EPL, but his stats suggest he wouldnt be good enough for your team. should you buy him and try him out anyway??

much help would be appreciated and if you have done this i would like to know about it! :)

the reason for this thread is that in fm09 at the start, Lleidson of Sporting CP scores about 10 goals in the first 5 games of the season. i decided to buy himm for my arsenal team because of this for about £6million and he scored 15 goals in 25 league games. so i was impressed. in fm2010, i was in the 2nd season with gillingham in the championship and jermaine beckford had a good season for leeds but they weren't promoted so i bought him. he only scored 2 goals in 15 games playing alonside simeon jackson who scored 8 goals in this time. so does form count in fm2010??

Personally, I wouldn't buy them. Every player has a great season and you may regret it if you sign him on a 4 year contract and he fails to score more than twice. However, if they have 2 or more good seasons, I would look to sign him, yes.