mmenezes

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I always had this doubt... is it considered a "cheat" to use the player search feature? I mean, should I only rely on my scouts' reports to have a more real world experience or is the player search feature also limited by my scouts knowledge?

I'd considerer it a cheat if it's a full search on the whole database...

Thanks,

Marconi

Scouting->Filters->Exclude players out of scouting range

I would like to hear others opinion on this but I would say it's like getting your computer out and writing down every club's player history from their website or from searching the web. Then, asking your scout to track them down ... somehow...

I personally dont find it to be a cheat to use the player search option, finding a player and then asking my scout to go have a look.. Afterall it is an option in the game.

I'm sure in real life a manager could use Football Manager 2015, find some unknown good player and then ask his scout in real life to go have a look? Does that mean the real life manager is cheating because he used the Fm15 database to find players? haha

See the below link to back up my reasoning:
http://www.theguardian.com/football...omputer-game-premier-league-clubs-buy-players

Although I completely get the whole 'play to the realism view' of the game.

It would be different if you were using genie scout to search these players...then I would consider it cheating...

Last edited:
i might try a Save without the Player Search since i love realism. Thanks for the idea pal