Players who are better than their attributes let on?

askep

Most Valuable Pirate
Reaction score
In FM09, I encountered many players who, even though they lacked any spectacular attributes, they played out of their skin time and time again. Wilfried Moimbé on my Rushden save is a great exampe of this to me, not a great crosser according to his attributes, but he kept getting assists way up into the Premier League (I thought he would do only so far as the Championship) and staked a serious claim to keeping one of my big-name signings out of the team for a long time after.

A more popular example may have been Franco Zuculini (again FM09). Not amazing attributes, but he was such a solid performer that it didn't seem to matter to many.

I wondered if any of you have encountered any such players in FM10. Have you found any gems of players that hide behind sub-par or average attributes?

Theo Walcott.

A lot will agree, but then again a lot will disagree.

alejandro rocamora is a god on my cultural leonesa stroy, ive also noticed billy sharp bangs in the goals at every level.

both are average stats wise.

also it can be to do with their hidden stats, if these are excellent then it can account for higher than expected levels of performance

Febian Brandy, scored 8 in 10 on my Northamton save, he's got bags of pace but pore finishing and composure stats but he seems to finish every one of his chances

Theo Walcott, Thomas Vermaelen and Aaron Lennon are all ridiculously underrated but are always excellent for me. :)

Chris Iwelumo on FM07 for my leeds scored goals in the championship and scored more in the premier league

I think his name is ,Iraqi, Younis Mahmood and he plays for some asian team. You can normally sign him from conference above and always scored goals in my matches. Also, before the well known both Leonardo Lima and Lucas were amazing for my Everton team. Lima scored loads and Lucas assisetd loads. Ended up selling them for a massive profit.

ched evans, in my man u season got 20+ league goals for 5 seasons in a row 4 in the EPL

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

sorry that sounds as tho he was playing for me. he was playing for sheff utd

Walcott last year and this year, Chinedu Obasi last year was sick beyond belief and there is another guy, I can't remember his name but he had rubbish striking stats (Composure, finishing) yet he banged int 30 goals in my Rotherham save simply because he had pace.

david obua - hearts - ugandan.

scored a few goals and set up loads in my notts county season.

Anyone who is 2 footed will play better than their stats suggest.

Jonas from Newcastle always plays amazingly for me, even though his technical stats are pretty dire to say the least.

Walcott
also alexis sanchez, who starts with a finishing of 10, and he's scored 20+ plus goals in a season for me..doesn't make sense

there are at least two other threads like this one :p the 1st one i think i started, its something like effective players with kak stats or something like that! hahaha,

but Walcott and Lennon are underrated!
Ochoa's reflexes need to be at least 18 IRl he is incredible!!

Febian Brandy, scored 8 in 10 on my Northamton save, he's got bags of pace but pore finishing and composure stats but he seems to finish every one of his chances

yep gotta agree with you there. can't stop scoring on my colchester game

Marius Niculae seems to always play better then what his stats suggest, without fail.