CrazySaint

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just a quick question really. I've been making all my own tactics now but I always end up using wingers with a lone forward or just playing 2 up front but now I wanna start using 3 for some of my games, especially once I get into champions league.

What exactly is the best set-up for an attacking 3 in terms of creating chances, going into wide positions and the balance between the 3.

I normally use a big man/little man combo as I find it very effective, especially if you get the perfect combo of two players and they work well together. With 3, do I need to play with a target man in the centre with two 'advanced forward' type players or do you play with 3 'short strikers' and have some come deep?

tl;dr - what sort of set-up should I use for 3 strikers in terms of the players (complete forward/little guy/big guy) and their roles (target man/poacher/ adv. fwd etc)

ive never used 3 strikers before, but when i have 2 in one of my formations i found it very handy to have one playing out wide, not in the centre, so maybe you could try having 2 out wide with a target man in the middle. i used it with 2 strikers, with milevskyi out on the left and vucinic in the middle when i was playing with roma. i was using the older version of tactics so i didnt have roles as such, but maybe its something you should try :)

I like the Deep Lying Forward in the middle with Poachers flanking him combo, it has worked for me in the past.

I currently play a 3-4-3 (3-1-2-1-3) that is working great...I have a target man in the middle (for me Dzeko/Lukaku) then 2 deep lying fowards on support (i have Sanchez and Neymar)...I love playing with 3 strikers..gets soo many goals from the target men, and loads of goals and assists from the supporting ones

3 strikers is the new black dahrrling. :D

I have a lot of success with a supporting deep lyer (Dzeko)
propping up a runaway train advanced forward (Walcott)
and a sublime poacher (Eduardo)

There seems to be a growing amount of successful 3-striker formations. MrHough's and John_Cro's to name two.

If I could I would play with 10 strikers (6)

when ever i play with 2 i tend to have a poacher and a target man, i been thinking of doing a 3 up front tactic aswell considering wingers are almost pointless in the current patch, so i was thinking of using 1 poacher 1 target man and 1 deep lying forward/trequista

I play with a lone striker and no wingers. I don't need to compensate for anything (6)

But as KingEric said, Hough's tactic is one that uses it, you may want to have a look at how he uses them. I've not used it personally.

I like Deep-Lying Forwad with 2 Advanced Forwards,DLF is important for linking up with the midfield

i played 4-3-3 with barca
two deep-lying and a poacher in the middle and scored over 70 goals

Mr Hough's tactic uses 3 strikers and has fantastic effects, it uses one Deep-Lying in the middle and then 2 Advanced either side of him

Thanks for all the replys - a Target Man/Deep Lying with 2 poacher/adv forward seems to be the best way to go.