Pompey debts revealed

Even more evidence they are cheating the system then.

Still managing to operate as a football club without any of the costs and only a pending 10 point deduction to show for it.

Odious club.

Would be a different story if it was your club in this problem.

'Still managing to operate as a football club'- I don't get what you mean. Their bank accounts have been frozen, so they haven't been able to pay any of the players/staff or bills, so I'd hardly call that operating as a normal football club.

Back in administration.

I didn't think it was possible for a football club to jump from one crisis to another to another to another like this. Some clubs have cheated the system but this is beyond belief now.

Sadly, someone else will come along, get them on the cheap. Others will lose money and they'll carry on.

For a start I'd stop the 10 point deduction lark. When a club goes into admin they should be forced to play the following season one division lower. That would have meant them being in League One last season rather than the Championship.

Whilst people are fighting to save a club like Darlington we have this lot time and time again running up debts into the millions.

You talk about darlington, while ignoring the fact that it was a mess made by their own chairman. Why are they not an odious club?

Would be a different story if it was your club in this problem.

'Still managing to operate as a football club'- I don't get what you mean. Their bank accounts have been frozen, so they haven't been able to pay any of the players/staff or bills, so I'd hardly call that operating as a normal football club.

They are absolutely not operating as a football club. They are on life support

I fail to understand why people cannot differentiate between different parts of a club. Ie between a dodgy owner, and the players/staff/non footballing staff/ who dont get a say

I fail to understand why people cannot differentiate between different parts of a club. Ie between a dodgy owner, and the players/staff/non footballing staff/ who dont get a say

Lack of knowledge. Pretty much what I said on the Npower thread. People just cannot seem to grasp the bigger picture a jot. It's not like the catering staff, groundstaff, secretaries, players, physios, coaches, cleaners etc are involved. People really need to do read into this thing properly THEN comment.

Indeed. I think almost every football administration is caused by an awful owner. I feel sorry for the fans, players & staff at Portsmouth; Our Players & Staff went 8 months without a full pay cheque, I hope it's not the same there.

Indeed. I think almost every football administration is caused by an awful owner. I feel sorry for the fans, players & staff at Portsmouth; Our Players & Staff went 8 months without a full pay cheque, I hope it's not the same there.

No one has been paid for January, neither has the power company. The club is bleeding money

Well maybe Lawrence could pay for his own scan as he is on over 25k a week!!!!

How do you know what sort of money he is on? Remember he hasn't been payed his wages for January.

How do you know what sort of money he is on? Remember he hasn't been payed his wages for January.

Know someone that knows him well, same as Kitson being on 25k+ a week. This is as much the owners fault as it is the FA's.

Know someone that knows him well, same as Kitson being on 25k+ a week. This is as much the owners fault as it is the FA's.

The company that own Portsmouth went into administration in November.. It's a miracle they've survived this long.

Also, actually read the article.. It's an interview with the manager not the player so stop having a go.

The company that own Portsmouth went into administration in November.. It's a miracle they've survived this long.

Also, actually read the article.. It's an interview with the manager not the player so stop having a go.

Im not having a go??

I know some of our high-earners took a wage-cut to ensure the club's takeover could be completed. Maybe the high-earners at Portsmouth will do the same.

Never really known this but why did we (Leeds) get a 25 point deduction (10 in Championship, 15 in league 1). Can pompy expect something similar?

Never really known this but why did we (Leeds) get a 25 point deduction (10 in Championship, 15 in league 1). Can pompy expect something similar?

HMRC did mention 20 point would have been a possibility-but just been reading it's 10. Don't know if there's going to be another 10 pointer or what