Pre-season friendlies

rozzaob

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone knows what the best system is for pre-season friendlies. i always go for big european clubs or on tour but jus wondering if this has any real effect on the squad.

i always cancel these games when i start a new game, i think it just leaves more of a chance that my players will get injured

Well if You play against better teams You will have interesting matches (and better profit if You play home)..

For canceling friendlies.. You player won`t be match fit at the start of the season and they will play under their potential.. I am always for friendlies in summer break ;)

friendly's kick *** cuz you can get players into very good conditions and the players get to play with each other. I play friendly's against smaller teams to so I win, this boosts the moral and will have a good effect on your first league matches

i always set up friendly matches against really bad teams so my team get lots of confidence and then play a few hard games at the end of the summer

I usually just except whoever offers a friendly request. I usually play all easy matches and one match against a good team like inter milan or ath.madrid to get me ready. Its always good to play your friendlies as you can get your team fit and check out your youngsters and new signings...

just make your assistant arrange all the friendlies :)

i always cancel these games when i start a new game, i think it just leaves more of a chance that my players will get injured

Much more chance they'll get injured when you throw them into fast-paced league games without any match practice.

yeah it makes little sense not playing frindlies, I leave them to my assistant but if youve made 3 or 4 signings I guess its better controlling them yourself, to get a bit used to the squad and tactic, those are seven games less in liga to wait for their full potential, that wins trophies.