Qatar Royal Family to takeover Manchester United?

Dont really want or need more money. We pwn enough as it is...

Well Ferguson have bought som expensive players over the years but honestly i think Veron and Berbatov have made him alot more cautious regarding splashing money around. If the Qatar people ends up buying United ill hold my judgement on em until we know what their plans are and not just treating the club as a toy but as a club that means the world for millions of people around the world.

1. I hope they whould reduce the ticket prices drastic so more local United fans can afford going each week without going broke, the local fans are always the most important ones as they are the most vocal and passionate fans of a club, we need the amazing home crowd back in the stances to make it **** for opponent teams again. Too many tourists at Old Trafford and to few real fans and supporters, As a danish Supporter of United i know this could make it harder to get tickets but at the end whats best for the club is far more important to me than anything else.

2. Getting rid of the dept and owners that have made a mockery out of United supporters by buying the club for money loaned at the banks and then make the fans pay off the loans. Glazers are not true fans of the club their actions have shown em to be opportunists in my opinion. If they really cared about the club they whould never had gotten us into so heavy debt.

3. Dont treat our local boys and youth like they dont mean anything to the club just because we could potentially aford whoever we want, i dont want us to become City 2, but rather build on the foundation of the succes this club have had, buying players should be to supplement the squad with a base of young people coming up from our youth teams. Youth Development is the soul of the club and that i dont want that to change EVER.

Last edited:
Well Ferguson have bought som expensive players over the years but honestly i think Veron and Berbatov have made him alot more cautious regarding splashing money around. If the Qatar people ends up buying United ill hold my judgement on em until we know what their plans are and not just treating the club as a toy but as a club that means the world for millions of people around the world.

1. I hope they whould reduce the ticket prices drastic so more local United fans can afford going each week without going broke, the local fans are always the most important ones as they are the most vocal and passionate fans of a club, we need the amazing home crowd back in the stances to make it **** for opponent teams again. Too many tourists at Old Trafford and to few real fans and supporters, As a danish Supporter of United i know this could make it harder to get tickets but at the end whats best for the club is far more important to me than anything else.

2. Getting rid of the dept and owners that have made a mockery out of United supporters by buying the club for money loaned at the banks and then make the fans pay off the loans. Glazers are not true fans of the club their actions have shown em to be opportunists in my opinion. If they really cared about the club they whould never had gotten us into so heavy debt.

3. Dont treat our local boys and youth like they dont mean anything to the club just because we could potentially aford whoever we want, i dont want us to become City 2, but rather build on the foundation of the succes this club have had, buying players should be to be supplement the squad with a base of young people coming up from our youth teams. Youth Development is the soul of the club and that i dont want to change EVER.

Agree with this fully. With point 3, basically you want us to be the same transfer wise, just with the financial power to buy someone if they became available to us.

Even if he was given 100's of millions to spend i don't see Fergie splashing the cash like Mancini did, hes just not that kind of manager, He'd have more liscence to ask the board for cash but hed still try and get the best deals possible for the best players available.

Even if Qatar takes over we wont be laughing stock. We have good enough squad to win the league, and small tweaks can make our squad complete in the league. What it does is, saves club money that were paid to the banks and also the Glazers who took lot of money from the club. We dont need to sign world class players to make our noises heard.

When Chelsea and City take over was completed, Owners had to sign big names to announce their arrival and to show they are among big teams. But we are already global brand with brand value second to none. We can operate on club generated money making few signings after all Manchester United is a money making machine.

Qatar royal family gets world wide recognized for Owning the best Brand value club, and they need not even spend infinite sum on club. Only thing we need is someone to bail us off our debts.

seems it would be good if it got rid of the glazers as they seem pretty hated, but like a few ppl have said, it would be a shame to see man united build a 'mega-squad' as the youth development that club has done has not only benefitted the club itself, but the english national side, and english football in general. would be sad to see it taken away by a load of 20-40 million pound players.

This would be great for the club IMO. United would go back to the old ways of building on youth players but also have the financial pulling power in the transfer market.

seems it would be good if it got rid of the glazers as they seem pretty hated, but like a few ppl have said, it would be a shame to see man united build a 'mega-squad' as the youth development that club has done has not only benefitted the club itself, but the english national side, and english football in general. would be sad to see it taken away by a load of 20-40 million pound players.

I'm very much sure we wont be spending money just for the sake of it. We have always maintained balance between youth players, and few big signings. No way we will discard our academy. We follow Busby way.

So, the mirror are claiming the Qatar ruling family want to buy United, but can't even come up with a source, or the usual "a source close to the family" bullshit? Something smells fishy, as though this is something to sell papers. If it's true, they'd be mad to pay £1.5BN for the club, especially when the time will come when they're available for a knock down price just like Liverpool were...

Remove the debt from Manchester United and let the club fend for itself, and under the new financial fair play rules then the club should dominate domestically and in European competion barring gross incompetence.

I actually heard that they were interested in taking over Newcastle...

Remove the debt from Manchester United and let the club fend for itself, and under the new financial fair play rules then the club should dominate domestically and in European competion barring gross incompetence.
think this is what a lot of people dont realise about united's financial power, hidden under the debt. We dont need a mega owner throwing money in, just someone to remove the debt. Still easier said than done though

think this is what a lot of people dont realise about united's financial power, hidden under the debt. We dont need a mega owner throwing money in, just someone to remove the debt. Still easier said than done though

Was my point in the OP. We don't need the mega rich owners, just someone who can clear the debts. But surely the extra money would be nice if someone became available and a lot of clubs were interested it couldn't hurt.

sure this was the same with Liverpool, but lets not move off topic :)

sure this was the same with Liverpool, but lets not move off topic :)
It may well have been, but not near the scale of united financial capability. That's what angers United fans so much.

I'm sure they wanted in on Sheffield Wednseday but pulled out because Mandaric was close to a deal.

Tevez first signing ?

Manchester United have been approached with a sensational offer to buy their former striker Carlos Tevez back from rivals City.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

I'm sure they wanted in on Sheffield Wednseday but pulled out because Mandaric was close to a deal.

Tevez first signing ?

Manchester United have been approached with a sensational offer to buy their former striker Carlos Tevez back from rivals City.
Full story: Mail on Sunday
can tell you now that signing tevez is an absolute non story

What it does is, saves club money that were paid to the banks and also the Glazers who took lot of money from the club.

We can operate on club generated money making few signings after all Manchester United is a money making machine.

they need not even spend infinite sum on club. Only thing we need is someone to bail us off our debts.

This is what i posted. Only thing that is holding off us is our debts which we are not responsible for even 1%. Once someone clears off that, with FFF we will have massive advantage over any club,