crofts11

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Its the end of the 1st season and Madrid have come in with a ?40m (?30m then ?10m)

Should I accept and if I do who should I use to replace him, no decent regens have come through but I did buy Kyle Walker in the last Jan window??

let me know your thoughts.

thanks,

Nathaniel Clyne performs very well, Cesar Azpilicueta was POTY, and has equally good stats (although slightly less PA). 15 tackling/Marking and crossing, decent pace, work rate and dribbling. First check how much they'll cost, if you can get them for anything under 30M, sell Rafael.

Eh, Not Clyne. Clyne definitely is not a good replacement, least for Rafael. Azpilicueta is yes, probably, however, I highly doubt Chelsea'll sell to United.

Eh, Not Clyne. Clyne definitely is not a good replacement, least for Rafael. Azpilicueta is yes, probably, however, I highly doubt Chelsea'll sell to United.
I got Clyne once in my WBA save and he got amazing ratings, was MOTM in a lot of matches, guess only I've had good experience with him.

I have seen Azpilicueta at United when I was playing as Frankfurt. If CBs stay fit, Ivanovic is most likely keep playing at RB and Mourinho doesn't rotate much. Azpi won't get much time and he'll get sold at the end of first season, usually for 15M. They will sell to United if he's transfer listed.

If (like in my current save), Azpilicueta gets a chance to play regularly and Ivan will move to CB, so it varies from save to save. Try finding a regen, some are absurd good at only age of 17. I replaced Cole with a regen in my first youth intake, better than most LBs with WC potential at 17 y/o.

I did it.I sold Rafael to PSG for 40m and bought Clyne for 17m.One of my best deals,plus Clyne is English player...

When I sold Rafael to psg for 34 mill, I replaced him with Montoya who was cheap and is decent :)

Ha, also look for Peruzzi, he is possibly one of best RBs in game, IDK how I forgot about him.

Also, Sebastien Corchia. Stats may not look monstrous, but gives excellent performances, almost every time. And since you're United, if you have Phil Jones, use him as an RB. He'll keep any other player away from that spot for years to come, performs like a monster in every role (including CWB, inspite of the low crossing).

Also, Sebastien Corchia. Stats may not look monstrous, but gives excellent performances, almost every time. And since you're United, if you have Phil Jones, use him as an RB. He'll keep any other player away from that spot for years to come, performs like a monster in every role (including CWB, inspite of the low crossing).
Yeah, he has "gets forward whenever possible" PPM, which isn't particularly useful for CB anyway. Either use him as RB or in Midfield.

Really, Jones at RB? I thought he would always be the best CB, I do have Balanta and Pique so they could play CB if I move Jones to RB. Would that really be worth it? still got Smalling and Evans as backup CBs, Vidic has left :(

Peruzzi will cost me ?25m up front, worth it?? sorry I know that is probably the wrong place to put it again.

thanks,

Yeah after my first season with utd, I sold Rafael to Real Madrid for 40M and then bought Clyne as a replacement. Clyne was just as good to be honest; he performed consistently to the same Avg Rating of Rafael. And I use Jones and Smalling as backup for RB when the natural RB gets tired.

Clyne should be great!?

I am playing with Chelsea and looking for a back-up player to Cesar A. who is an absolute beast on right back. I believe he is perhaps the best right back in the game - but I guess that depends on what you are looking for in a right back.

For me personally, I am looking for speed and the ability to pass/cross the ball and hence offer an additional weapon which can be utilized to break the opponent's door in.

I usually play my backs in a support or automatic role. The key attributes I look for - especially in fm 2014 - is acceleration and pace as well as passing and crossing. Stamina and work rate also becomes important attributes, but I don't use them to screen for right backs, like I do with the first 4.

If I look at Clyne he has 16 in acc, 17 in pace, 14 crossing, 14 passing. Moreover, good tackling and marking, plus decent work rate of 13 and stamina of 14 - and the kid is only 23. He could use some better decision making, but overall this kid looks great.
I know he doesn't have super high potential ability, but with attributes like these he is more than capable of playing back-up at Chelsea - or even 1st choice if Cesar A. is unavailable - I wouldn't hesitate.

I'd say yes, only if you can get your hands on Gino Peruzzi. Peruzzi and Rafael are in the end game (if they're not victims to a very serious injury) the best players at the right back position.

Peruzzi has 'dives into tackles' as a ppm so that always puts me off getting him