NerazzurriM

Reaction score
Hi guys, just signing a fantastic 16 Y/O who will arrive in Jan. But the thing is i don't know what to do with him, he signed under 'backup' not hot prospect but theirs no way i'm playing him yet.. I could keep him in the U20's and he'd enjoy good training facilities or loan him out to a club where he would get football but may not have such good facilities.. what does anyone reckon, i've never brought anyone through the ranks before

I would look to play him in the reserves, and maybe play in the cup games to give him experience. Keep him for the first season, and then look to loan him out for regular football. Also, make a special schedule to get him to progress properly, and also get a senior player to tutor him(one with a similar style of play).

One year available for u18's and reserve team.
Next year loan him out.
Then try to give him as much first team football as possible until he's ready.
And try to play him as much as possible in 1st team in the league cup etc, just for experience

Blyndreaper is right,
tutoring is the most underrated thing in the game.

Blyndreaper is right,
tutoring is the most underrated thing in the game.

Funny that, the majority of the players who I get tutored, they come out with negative feedback once the tutoring has finished.

In most of my experiences it vastly increases the rate of improvement

Cheers lads. I've got an awesome backfour already an he's a CB so no shortage of people to learn from, will play him in some Coppa games too. Shame I start against Fiorentina, would be nice to face minnows like happens in the English FA cup!

Funny that, the majority of the players who I get tutored, they come out with negative feedback once the tutoring has finished.
Unless they pick up a preferred move they will always say they were a bit disappointed etc. However they may have made big gains in mental attributes.

i find first team football helps the most so loan him where will be a valued first team player but only after hes spent one year at your club.

somebody needs to make an official post on wonderkid raising , must have seen 10 in the last week , i would make one but ceeeeeebs ;)

play him in reserve team maybe some cup competition from subs bench,
as previous post said that before you loan him out make sure the player has some emotion/loayalty with your club so he knows where his home club is. Maybe even ask him to recommend a young player from previous club

get him to shadow one of you top/important players. give him some praise. if you think he is very good give him a long contract at earliest posibility opportunity.