TomFsoccer

Reaction score
When do you know if a player in your Under ...'s is ready for the first team? Or do you wait till they are too old to play in the Under ...'s?

when he's good enough...'till then just give him 20-30 min in matches you have 2 or 3 goals advantage so there's no pressure on him, and also, maybe full cup matches

It's all about the stats for me, if their attributes aren't good enough, I'd never play them in an important match.

If it's vs a ***** team in a cup, then that's a different story.

probably 19++ , give him 10-20 minutes every match , next season , loan him , next season , he should good enough for you ( if he is good regens / young talent )

I think it depends on the player, I have one youth player who I bought on in a cup game aged 17 and he really impressed so I gave him a chance in a league game as a sub and he impressed again so I started him in the next game and he hasn't lost his place two seasons later. Then I've had other young players who just haven't managed to impress... yet.

Early cup matches are great for the youngsters, play them 1 half and then take them off. Works for me. The ones who impress a lot, in most matches they play. They go to the first team. Others are just in the reserves.

Depends what league your in. I'm Port Vale in League 2 and managed to keep them up after joining midseason with them rock bottom, then for the next season i got about 4 loans signings all around the age of 17-18 and they've ripped the league apart and i'm hoping i can get them again if i get promoted this season. Like the others said, ease them into the team with a cup match or a substitute appearance.

If you give a player some playing time at the end of games when he is too young can it damage their development??

If you give a player some playing time at the end of games when he is too young can it damage their development??

Half a game should be enough, if you play him too often for too long it'll damage his development. But sometimes half a match will improve his development.

I've played Luke Shaw at leftback since he was 16 for Southampton. I'm not really good at knowing when to start playing them but I want him to be a huge player for me in the future so I decided to start him early.

im currently Wrexham and with me not signing anyone as doing youth only ive already promoted 3 or 4 youth players who are 16 and thrown them straight in because theyre better than what i currently had. Despite there young age and me playing in lower league it aids there development with all the first team football im giving them.