Recent Lennon escapade

Sigh. It doesn't matter how minute the injury was, fact is he was still Physically attacked and it was classed as that in court i'm sure.

If this is about Dida's injury - well, he needs to have been injured. I've had far worse injuries clipping my nails. Of course it was a security breach, but injury?

If this is about Dida's injury - well, he needs to have been injured. I've had far worse injuries clipping my nails. Of course it was a security breach, but injury?

Nail injuries do in fact, ****** hurt. Especially when you hammer a nail through. jesus

I'm not saying he was injured, of course he wasn't but he was attacked.

He was patted, not attacked. Not condoning the attacks on Strachan or the Rapid Vienna players, but Dida was definitely not attacked.

U know to tell you the truth, matches such as Old Firm Derbies and the like should be banned until Scottish Football can sort itself out, I'd rather have my countries police force protecting the innocent and maintaining law and order in the country against gangs, drug delaers etc. rather than have them patrolling to make sure a football match goes on properly, I know it is seemingly unrelated to this thread but its really my opinion on Scottish Football as a whole, that police chief was right, Football Matches are just not worth the violence some of them cause and the amount of resources they force police to sacrifice

U know to tell you the truth, matches such as Old Firm Derbies and the like should be banned until Scottish Football can sort itself out, I'd rather have my countries police force protecting the innocent and maintaining law and order in the country against gangs, drug delaers etc. rather than have them patrolling to make sure a football match goes on properly, I know it is seemingly unrelated to this thread but its really my opinion on Scottish Football as a whole, that police chief was right, Football Matches are just not worth the violence some of them cause and the amount of resources they force police to sacrifice

It was at the Hearts match Lennon was assaulted, a lot of teams in Scottish football hate him, not just Rangers. You would be basically pulling Celtic out because there Manager is being targeted.

It was at the Hearts match Lennon was assaulted, a lot of teams in Scottish football hate him, not just Rangers. You would be basically pulling Celtic out because there Manager is being targeted.

its not just their manager being targeted mate, if he resigned and another manager came in, he would be targeted too, its the club they hate not Lennon as you phrased it

Perhaps not; but the police conveniently forget how much money the game generates for the economy year in year out. And you can't have a league where two teams are told not to play each other; it's not gonna be a spectacle at all is it ?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

its not just their manager being targeted mate, if he resigned and another manager came in, he would be targeted too, its the club they hate not Lennon as you phrased it

And thats baws, why wasn't Martin O'neil, Gordon Strachan, Davie Hay and anyone else targetted in the same way then ?

Nonsense. Strachan was only disliked because of his level of success, Tony Mowbray was a joke figure with Rangers fans. We even sung one Tony Mowbray because of the shambles that his spell was.
You are obviously poorly informed because it is Lennon that is hated, by some for his religion, by most because he is a bawbag.

I know I'm not from the isles and maybe can't comment but I cant help but think that it has something to do with him being an Irish-Catholic. Yeah he's a bit of jerk and controversial, but who in football isn't these days? Look at Jose Mourinho and how loved he is by the media and general public. Has he ever gotten this much flak for his comments? Has he gotten death threats? There are so many other managers out there that are controversial ********, moreso than this guy, yet they don't generate nearly as much hatred. If someone can explain why he is hated this much, than go for it, but all I've heard in this thread is that "he's an *******," which frankly I don't think cuts it.

I know I'm not from the isles and maybe can't comment but I cant help but think that it has something to do with him being an Irish-Catholic. Yeah he's a bit of jerk and controversial, but who in football isn't these days? Look at Jose Mourinho and how loved he is by the media and general public. Has he ever gotten this much flak for his comments? Has he gotten death threats? There are so many other managers out there that are controversial ********, moreso than this guy, yet they don't generate nearly as much hatred. If someone can explain why he is hated this much, than go for it, but all I've heard in this thread is that "he's an *******," which frankly I don't think cuts it.

a minority hate him for his religion, most just hate him. unfortunately there enough idiots in both categories to after him

a minority hate him for his religion, most just hate him. unfortunately there enough idiots in both categories to after him

I agree with you that it's a minority that explicitly hates him for his religion, but I think it exists on a much more subconscious level for a lot of people. From what I have studied about racism in Psychology classes, a lot of people are biased against others because of their race/background (completely unconsciously)...just because they don't say they hate Irish Catholics does not mean that deep down there is a bit of resentment that they don't know about. Think about it this way, if a minority explicitly hate him for his religion, how could no one else dislike him due to that on a subconscious level? The way racism works is that a minority explicitly hate others because of their background, while a very, very large group of people do so on a subconscious level but say "they're not racist." This happens all of the time in the US with blacks, sure it's only a very small minority that are blatantly racist, but the amount of subconscious bias on the part of the general public is staggering and obvious and even empirically measured. Considering the amount of violence and hatred that has actually occurred due to the Ireland issue in the 20th century, I don't see why it would be different here.

Perhaps not; but the police conveniently forget how much money the game generates for the economy year in year out. And you can't have a league where two teams are told not to play each other; it's not gonna be a spectacle at all is it ?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

And thats baws, why wasn't Martin O'neil, Gordon Strachan, Davie Hay and anyone else targetted in the same way then ?

sorry about my comment on people hating Celtic, yes I was poorly informed and it does not really matter how significant football is to economy, there are several ways a country can boost its own economy and any thing that causes needless violence is in my book considered a liability for the nation

This has already been stated but the Celtic fans don't seem to quite understand it yet. If the hatred of Neil Lennon is due to him being a Northern Irish Catholic then why wasn't Martin O'Neill subject to the same abuse?

And why are Paddy McCourt and Niall McGinn not widely hated? I realise those players had bullets sent to them but that was just the action of one [mentally ill] individual, rather than the result of hatred from the majority of Scottish football fans.

This has already been stated but the Celtic fans don't seem to quite understand it yet. If the hatred of Neil Lennon is due to him being a Northern Irish Catholic then why wasn't Martin O'Neill subject to the same abuse?

And why are Paddy McCourt and Niall McGinn not widely hated? I realise those players had bullets sent to them but that was just the action of one [mentally ill] individual, rather than the result of hatred from the majority of Scottish football fans.

Because Martin O'Neill isn't very controversial. It's not just about race. It's about a person from a certain background displaying characteristics that unfairly put him in the crosshairs. Lennon is an "uppity" Irish Catholic, and people are more upset about him than they probably should be...I don't think it's a coincidence.

Neil Lennon is an inflammatory character and certainly has helped to fuel sectarianism in Glasgow and as it now appears Scotland. I think if he tried to be less controversial with what he says and does he would be hated less by rangers supporters. However the hate levelled at him by some people is unjustifiable such as sending him nail bombs through the post but at times he is a *****.

Lets face it he loves being the pantomime villain with the Rangers fans. The problem is you don't attack Ali-baba at the end of the show, you are supposed to boo him, not assault him.