RED IMPS - THE GLORY ROAD IS A LONG ONE

th3king

Reaction score
Dear Viewers,

I would just like to apologise to anyone who has seen my Stockport and Millwall stories. These saves will be abandoned on this site due to my schooling commitments. These stories were quite extensive and took a lot of time to write. I am still keen to show viewers into my Football Manager journeys, so I have decided to do an ordinary journal type story, with my views and without making a background story. This will hopefully add to the long jeverdy as well as allowing me to be able to also focus on study.

I am again very apologetic for not being able to follow on with these stories, but I just do not have time to write up extensive articles and updates. This new story will feature a lot less words and probably more photos. They will probably also feature a lot less of my own-made graphics. It may even go spells of no posts depending on the amount of work away from Football Manager I have. This new story will be with the Gibraltarian Second Division side, Red Imps.

The Goal for the save will be to basically guide Gibraltar to the heights of Europe at both Domestic and International level.​

View attachment 304571

GIBRALTAR'S NEW KING IN TOWN

View attachment 304570
Th3 King has been confirmed as the new Red Imps manager, with the club chairman, Karl Casciaro, assuring the relatively unknown manager that: "We do not expect miracles overnight."

"Th3 King’s appointment today as manager of Red Imps Football Club is one of the most important steps we will take in building the kind of club on and off the pitch supporters can be excited about," said Casciaro. "Th3 King’s comprehensive football philosophy is perfectly aligned with those at the club and those soon to join the club. He was the first choice unanimously among them and he had no hesitation at all in embracing exactly what we want to try to build at Red Imps."

"We do not expect miracles overnight nor should anyone else. But we firmly believe that the direction the club is heading in will lead to the club growing and becoming stronger and stronger. We will embrace the unconventional, build the right way and together set a bold, exciting course for this club."

The club added in a statement: "Th3 King's primary focus will be the first team but he'll also work extensively in collaboration with the new football operations structure as the team adheres to the continental football Sporting Director mode."

Th3 King admitted he was relishing the prospect of life in Gibraltar. "I'm blessed to be given this opportunity," he said. "I want to thank Karl Casciaro, and everyone at the club for the opportunity to manage in such a unique situation. I'm really excited and I can't wait to get started on this incredible project going forward. I promise to dedicate my life to fight for this club and defend the great principles of both the Red Imps Football Club and Gibraltarian Football on and off the field."

Th3 King said his mind was made up to move to Gibraltar once it became clear he was the club's preferred target. "Once I had found out I was the number one target from the important people here at Red Imps it was quite an easy decision, I’m keen to show that I am a great manager," he said.

Last edited:

RED IMPS FC

View attachment 304562

CLUB OVERVIEW

RED IMPS FC are a Gibraltarian Team based in the Second Tier of Gibraltar Football. They were founded in 1978 and have never competed outside of the Second Division. The Club are basically unknown, having not even a Wikipedia page for followers to view.
They are an Amateur Club and the team that under my guidance and many years of development will hopefully be one of the biggest clubs in Europe and the World. Obviously this task it the ultimate goal and I’m not expecting miracles. This is going to be Hard.

View attachment 304559

LEAGUE ODDS

View attachment 304558
In the bookies eyes, we have absolutely no chance of going up let alone winning the league. To me, the clubs and players are that poor, that there is not a huge difference from the best players to the worst players. I think if we can find a tactic that works, then we can push for a top half finish.

In the bookies eyes, we have absolutely no chance of going up let alone winning the league. To me, the clubs and players are that poor, that there is not a huge difference from the best players to the worst players. I think if we can find a tactic that works, then we can push for a top half finish.

TRANSFERS

The players at the club from the start were poor, so I went out to find players that will fit a philosophy and style that I want to play rather than fitting a tactic around players that were already at the club.

View attachment 304557
We brought in 12 player in all. The Club is still under Amateur Status so all these players came in for absolutely nothing. The standard of play in the country is highlighted by the fact that players from teams such as Lions and St Joseph’s came to Red Imps. These teams are in the first division, but the standard is so close that teams in the second division can keep up with first division teams.

DAVID GARRALDO

View attachment 304556
Great finishing skills for this league and is quite speedy. His off the ball stat is quite good as well, which to me is key at such a low level. There were not many options when it came to front men, so the Northern Irishman will have to do for this season.

JUSTIN LEWIS

View attachment 304555
A great looking defender for this kind of level. Heading, Marking and Tackling are all 10+ as well as his decisions and positioning. His age also means that he will hopefully improve with first team exposure.

KARIM-JOSE LIMA

View attachment 304552
The natural central midfielder will be our starting Right Attacking Midfielder this year. Although not great at crossing, his dribbling, passing and flair are all exceptional for this level and will be suitable for an inside forward. The only real negative is the fact that he is Right Footed, which isn’t ideal if he’s cutting inside.

GERALDO GOMEZ & RAPHEAL PERALTA

View attachment 304551
View attachment 304554
Two of my key signings here. The squad had a gaping hole in the centre of midfield and these are players I believe will suit our passing and working type of play in the midfield. Both are young, especially Peralta who is a tender age of 17. They have great passing and work rate which were the two statistics I was looking for, as well as stamina. Definitely players to build around for the coming seasons, fingers crossed.

STARTING XI

UPCOMING FIXTURES

View attachment 304550
Know as you may or may not know, Gibraltar’s seasons are very short. Their Second Division is made up of 22 games and their Premier Division is only 14 games. This means that I will be updating every two months or so, depending on the amount of games we play. A big game that I think will show whether we are up to scratch will actually be one of the friendlies. Lincoln FC are known as the best team in the country, and have won twenty Premier Division titles in their history, so if we can compeat with a team like them, I think it will definitely show whether we can go up this year.

Last edited:

| 2014 | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT |

View attachment 304267

RESULTS

View attachment 304271
Well obviously it’s been a great start to the season, going unbeaten after seven league games. The friendlies I think really showed that we were up for the season ahead as both teams are two of the biggest clubs in the country.

Two great wins against the likes of Olympique and Gibraltar United, who were both backed by the bookies to finish first and second respectively. Although we are winning, many of the games around coming down to the final minutes, which I’m not sure is ideal. The further we go into the season, the more likely we’ll find out whether this is just luck, or whether we are actually playing the better football and just not being able to finish off chances till late on.

TABLE

View attachment 304272
We are the only team so far that are still to go unbeaten which is credit to the squad. Europe Point and our self as well as Hound Dogs seem to be the teams to beat going forward. Hopefully with our game in hand we can push on.

PLAYER OF THE UPDATE

DAVID GALLARDO

View attachment 304270
The Northern Irishman has been a key figure up top for us, with four goals and three assist, leading both our goals and assists tallies. Hopefully he can keep this form up and keep banging in goals.

FINANCES

View attachment 304269

View attachment 304268
One of the keys to achieving our Goals with Red Imps will come down to the money we earn. The more money we earn every year, the better players we can attract and bring in, the better facilities we can get and the further we can push up the European Coefficient. Which is obviously still a long term goal.

Last edited:

View attachment 303979
| 2014 | NOV | DEC | JAN |

View attachment 303975

RESULTS

View attachment 303967
What more can you say. We went on an unbelievable run through the middle months of the competition only drawing with Gibraltar Scorpians. Wins against the like of Hound Dogs and Europa Point were very handy as they are rivals to us at the top of the table.
The players are really starting to dominate games which is pleasing to see, especially after the narrow wins that occurred at the start of the season.

View attachment 303966
View attachment 303965

TABLE

View attachment 303968
We’ve solidified our spot at the top of the league with the next competitor nine points and a game in hand behind us. Cannons and Phoenix have all but sealed their fate at the bottom of the league but it is still quite tight for the spot in the playoff position. We are proudly the best attacking team in the league with 43 goals to our name.

PLAYER OF THE UPDATE

RICKI DUARTE

View attachment 303974
Duarte has been flat out balling. He scored an amazing twelve goals in ten matches including two hat tricks. It’s honestly a surprise to me as his finishing stat is a measly one rating, but credit is given where it’s due and he’s definitely been the team’s most influential player this month

EXTRA

View attachment 303972
Don’t want to be arrogant, but this is quite necessary from the board. I’m expecting a contract extension to come any time now.

WORLD GOLDEN BALL

FC BARCELONA’S LIONEL MESSI

View attachment 303971

| APPEARENCES: 23 | GOALS: 11 | ASSSISTS: 5 | AVG RATING: 8.00 |

FIFA BALLON D’OR

BAYERN MUNCHEN’S FRANK RIBERY

View attachment 303970

| APPEARENCES: 23 | GOALS: 10 | ASSSISTS: 17 | AVG RATING: 7.73 |

WORLD ELEVEN