Red nose day 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glocken73

Reaction score
Anyone been watching any of it so far?? Watched a bit seems pretty decent Matserchef part will hopefully be decent!!

Its a really worthy cause so if anyone wants to donate you can either do it online at https://donate.comicrelief.com/donation/ or by text to 70055 costing £5 plus standard rate or phone 03457 910 910

Last edited:
Watched some, quite good and missed the only thing i was watching it for the smithy sketch!

been watching it since about eight. made a donation.

annoyed that i missed dr who and outnumbered though!

its a great cause though, some of the appeal films are really moving.

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

makes you realise how lucky we all are

yeah fully worth donating to even if its a really small amount!!! the appeal films really do help to get the message accross and encourage the more sceptical people to donate

Bieber was on it.

The only thing worth watching imo.

Managed to raise £10 through a charity leg wax XD

been watching it since about eight. made a donation.

annoyed that i missed dr who and outnumbered though!

its a great cause though, some of the appeal films are really moving.

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

makes you realise how lucky we all are

it really puts things into perspective that we are very fortunate to be in such an affluent state whilst many millions are suffering all over the world

Managed to raise £10 through a charity leg wax XD

£10 - Seems worth it! :p
--
Please give generously to Comic Relief.

Just £30 000 is enough to send a washed up, B-list comedian and a film crew on an all expenses paid holiday to Africa.

been good so far

smithy sketch was the best so far imo

It's £10 a text not £5 and you text 70010 not 70055

£10 - Seems worth it! :p
--
Please give generously to Comic Relief.

Just £30 000 is enough to send a washed up, B-list comedian and a film crew on an all expenses paid holiday to Africa.

Sceptical a bit?

At least they're raising awareness and drawing our attention to the state of life elsewhere in the world.

Sad fact is if they didn't go a lot less people would take notice and care.

Sceptical a bit?

At least they're raising awareness and drawing our attention to the state of life elsewhere in the world.

I think it was meant to be a tongue in cheek comment mate :)

looking forward to the inbetweeners bit

should be good :)

Sceptical a bit?

I'm not sceptical, I'm perfectly aware of the situation, a simple video of the problems in Africa would suffice, or maybe have one of the charity workers there (who do it out of the good of their heart, not publicity) film it. What kind of person needs a Z-list celeb to make them donate to charity? "Oh look starving children, that's a shame. OH LOOK THAT PERSON I SAW ON TV IS THERE, DONATE!!!!" Oh please. Think how much you could actually do for Africa with the money spent sending celebrities on a holiday where they make a video for 2 minutes to pull at the heart strings.

Smithy Sketch was absolute quality.

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

George Michael's gone auto-tune. The drugs have got to him.

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

Song sounds ****** awful.

So, is George Michael making donations on our behalf for forcing us to listen to this?

I'm not sceptical, I'm perfectly aware of the situation, a simple video of the problems in Africa would suffice, or maybe have one of the charity workers there (who do it out of the good of their heart, not publicity) film it. What kind of person needs a Z-list celeb to make them donate to charity? "Oh look starving children, that's a shame. OH LOOK THAT PERSON I SAW ON TV IS THERE, DONATE!!!!" Oh please. Think how much you could actually do for Africa with the money spent sending celebrities on a holiday where they make a video for 2 minutes to pull at the heart strings.

I totally agree with what you said but unfortunately it seems that that's the way the world works at the moment. Not everyone cares about the real things in life and they need so called celebrities to make them do good deeds.

But that's the way it is and unfortunately I can't see it changing in the future. Everything is celebrity obsessed.

I don't blame the "celebrities", they are doing good and raising awareness for those that otherwise wouldn't know.

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

So, is George Michael making donations on our behalf for forcing us to listen to this?

I hope so.

Last edited:
don't agree with a lot of this for various reasons.

reason's i won't go into.

but i basically agree with Joel.

Status
Not open for further replies.