Red nose day 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like just now. Simple, have a band play music while pictures of the African children are shown. Why can't they just do it like that, why does it take sending a celebrity to Africa to make a short film? I personally find the pictures and just clips of Africa more poignant than having some celebrity telling me to donate. It's far more real and touching that way.

Im sure the celebs go out with the teams that help who need to be helped and surely if a celeb is going out there on their own free will without being paid (which i hope is true) then why is it so bad?

Im sure the celebs go out with the teams that help who need to be helped and surely if a celeb is going out there on their own free will without being paid (which i hope is true) then why is it so bad?

Think of the costs to send them to Africa, with film crews. Now compare to a simple archived video/slide show of Africa. And even though they're not getting paid, they're getting massive PR. Then compare this to the charity workers that work their socks off all year for little gratitude.

How much of the money raised goes to charities in this country out of curiouosity? Like homeless charities, battered womens charities, war veterans charities, NSPCC, cancer wards, AIDS research, diabetes?

How much of the money raised goes to charities in this country out of curiouosity? Like homeless charities, battered womens charities, war veterans charities, NSPCC, cancer wards, AIDS research, diabetes?

Not exactly sure about those specific types of charities but 40% of the money raised goes to charities in the UK.

I think it focuses on the lesser known charities like for young carers and things like that.

Last edited:
agree with everything Carl Pilkington just said.
Spot on.

legend.

Carl Pilkington is genius, love the guy.

Anyone see the Axis of Awesome? Never heard of them before but thought they were really good.

Quite amusing the amount of songs that use the same four chords.

that upstairs downstairs abbey bit was ****
thought it was pretty decent actually!!

and why is everyone turning this into something bad the main thing is money is being put to good use, money that is desperately needed!! end of!!

Status
Not open for further replies.