demilburn

Reaction score
I am in my 3rd season with Liverpool. In my sig, you can see the cups I have won in that time. I was wondering, my reputation is currently World Class, if I was to leave Liverpool and maybe get a job with a championship team, maybe even poss League 1. Does that reputation affect player decisions to sign for me. So say for example i became Tranmere boss, and wanted to sign a player from the prem. Will my reputation work for me, or is it all down to club reputation?

Biggest part is down to club reputation, but your own reputation can definitely be of major influence.

It may have an effect, but it is usually all to do with the club reputation.

Club rep definitely. I'm ranked World Class but my club FC Twente is ranked National therefore most Continental ranked and all higher ranked players don't want to go into contract negotiations. Which sucks big time.

Club rep definitely. I'm ranked World Class but my club FC Twente is ranked National therefore most Continental ranked and all higher ranked players don't want to go into contract negotiations. Which sucks big time.
In this case possibly the ranking of the competition is an issue too. The Dutch competition doesn't really have a high ranking when you start a new game. Players want to be in high ranked competitions. Winning a few major cups will improve both your club's ranking and the competition's ranking.

Club/League reputation is important for players initially agreeing to open negations with you, whereas manager reputation can have an impact on whether they will chose to join your club other others. That's what I have found anyway.

Just a small question, and one a bit off-topic: did they ever sort out the dynamic league rep? I heard something about it being changed in the hotfix, but I couldn't be sure.

In this case possibly the ranking of the competition is an issue too. The Dutch competition doesn't really have a high ranking when you start a new game. Players want to be in high ranked competitions. Winning a few major cups will improve both your club's ranking and the competition's ranking.

True. In second season the Eredivisie went up to 7 but in my 3rd season it dropped to 12! Stupid dutch clubs that can't perform in the Euro cup.:(