Lord_Slop

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but can't find it.

I'm AC Milan, first season, playing a 4-5-1 with Cassano as AML, Pato as AMR and Robinho as a sub AML.

My question is, since I have no sub for Pato on the right except Abate (Not good enough) and Verdi (Still too young to fill in perfectly), who should I re-train as an AMR, Cassano or Robinho?

Robinho. No question, but still I'm not sure if your tactic is the best for Milan! but I kinda understand, that team has the potential to be a nut breaker --!

I'd rather go with either 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 tactics.

Probably a 4-3-1-2 , like Allegri uses in real life! I'd send the wingers away, at least for the first few seasons, Verdi can be real quality, and having Pato and Robinho as wingers (specially Pato) is kinda wasting them, and you can still use Cassano as Trequartista, his favourite role.

The problem with a 4-3-1-2 for me is that I'd like to have the midfield combo or cutter-passer-creator, while maintaining width upfront, that's why I play with a midfield of Ambrosini (Anchorman), Pirlo (Deep-lying playmaker - support) and Seedorf (Central midfielder - support), while Cassano and Pato play as inside forwards - attack, with Ibrahimovic as a complete forward - support.

Using this configuration Ibrahimovic plays the role of a target man feeding the ball to the inside forwards who do all the scoring, that's why I don't see it as a waste for Pato, Cassano or Robinho.

Playing this tactic like that gives me the possession football that I want to see Milan playing, while being very productive up-front, we've scored 37 goals in the first 15 matches and have not failed to score in a single match.

The problem though is the defense, where the Nesta - Thiago Silva duet is too slow to control fast strikers, while I like to play with a high defensive line to enable further control of the midfield.

Anyway, thanks for the feed-back, I'll re-train Robinho