superfrank

Reaction score
how do you tell a player to retrain a position and how long does it take?

Go to the player's profile and under training you can set to whatever position you want him to train in. The best is to train him on position(s) that the player is accomplished in. It's usually 6 months to a year and also depending on how much you play that player in his new position.

You must play him at the position you are training him to make it more effective :)

How long can it take to retrain a player? I never did it, so I'm curious to know :)

around 6 months to a year like man v.1 said....

but it can be shortened if you constantly play him in the position your trying to train him too

I've trained a AMC / ST to play MC in two months. I put him on the schedule and played him every single game as MC. IN about 5 weeks he went from red to orange and then in 2 months to a light green. He's been giving an average rating for about 7.2 on the MC position now.

Took Phil Jones a season to become a natural right back for me, for accomplished it can happen much quicker for any player though.

Is it possible to retrain any player to become natural in a new position or is it dependent on hidden attributes such as versatility? I prefer to have players in their natural positions, but want to play Marin as an AMR (in which he is accomplished). Will he become natural there if I train and play him there?

Is it possible to retrain any player to become natural in a new position or is it dependent on hidden attributes such as versatility? I prefer to have players in their natural positions, but want to play Marin as an AMR (in which he is accomplished). Will he become natural there if I train and play him there?

This was possible on FM10, i have not tried it on 11 though.

Yes, this is possible, it may take a while though, just stick it out and he'll get it eventually.

Has anyone been able to successfully train a Sweeper to a "Natural" position? I've never seen a natural sweeper in a game, only accomplished. I know sweeper is a rare position, but was just curious, as I was going to test a new formation out in pre-season with 2 sweeeprs and one central defender. I know it sounds crazy, but why not, right? It's only a game............

Pretty sure Mexes is a natural sweeper?

There are natural sweepers in the game, but only a few. Mexes isn't a natural sweeper though, only accomplished. Mykola Ischenko and Tal Ben-Haim are two examples of natural sweepers.