AayushCFC

Reaction score
fVG4RoK.png

1pY5tzM.png

Jose Mourinho returns to Chelsea, a club where he achieved a lot of success, he helped them win their first top division title since 1955. He was unfortunately sacked by the owner in 2007, but he still left a mark on the club. John Terry, Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba, Petr Cech who were brought up by him, have been backbone of this club for so many years now. A club where he is considered an icon, he is loved and he loves the fans. In the past, he has been open about coming back to Chelsea.

As he's grown older, now he wants to stay here at Chelsea and create a legacy. He was signed on a 4 year contract, longest a manager has been given in Abramovich era. English football has progressed a lot in all these years, but he's a progressive manager. He was today unveiled to the Media.

2zIEHkL.jpg

Press Conference

"I never hid that in football, in my career, I had two great passions. Inter and Chelsea. And Chelsea is more than important for me."

"It was very, very hard to play against Chelsea and I did it only twice which was not so bad. I promise exactly the same things as I promised in 2004 with the difference that I am one of you."

"I had to prepare myself not to be too emotional on my arrival at the club, but obviously I am very happy."

Last edited:
S40aKTr.png

The board has also asked me to play Attacking and Possession football, which I will follow but slowly and in games that I can dominate, I will still change tactics according to win, instead of "pretty" football.

Press Conference (Pre-Season)

Journalist: There has been a lot of speculation about the future of Juan Mata and David Luiz at Chelsea after your arrival, what do you have to say?

Me: It's Media's job to make up rumours, especially when it comes to Chelsea, these two players will get their chance to impress me. No one will be a guaranteed started in my team, not even Petr Cech, everyone will have to earn their place by performing on the pitch and improve in training.

Journalist: There are still your favorite players at Chelsea, there have also been a buzz around that you will prefer to play them instead of giving a chance to Youngsters, is that so?

Me: Out of those, [John] Terry, Frank [Lampard] and Ashley Cole are in final year of their contract, they will have to prove that they can perform at this level even at this age to earn contract extensions. I'm more than willing to bring in youngsters, which is also one of the philosophies I proposed to the board in our meeting.

Team meeting

bSDvGic.png

Of course you do, John ;)

Pre-Season results

iz0ZXC0.png

The fixture list of the pre-season was ideal, oppositions of different style and level gave me opportunity to try the tactics I hope to use further ahead in the season. The results were good except first match blip against LOSC, but I'm sure Hazard didn't want LOSC to lose.

Last edited:
Hoh Hoh? Jose Mourinho? xD Not bad.. Will be following this;; Although, as Chelsea, you probably need strikers urgently right? Are you planning to get back Didier Drogba back at Chelsea btw? He can also tutor Lukaku when he gets back. Since I haven't managed Chelsea (being a United fan), do you have the option of loan recalling Lukaku?

Transfers

InFeeOutFee
Eder Alvarez Balanta8.5MBranislav Ivanovic8M
Tom Ince4M

Doria9M

Callum Chambers6.5M

In

Eder Alvarez Balanta
: A young Centre Back, with high potential. With Ivanovic gone, we'll also need depth if someone gets injured and as a rotation option.

Doria
: Another young CB, traditional solid and reliable defender at a tender age of 18, with leadership skills. Our current CB department only had an Ageing Terry and David "WTF" Luiz. I do not think Cahill's passive defending is the way to go, he can't hold a line and is only good if you play a deep line. No one wanted him, he's still transfer listed.

Tom Ince
: A left footed winger who I'll look to deploy as wide forward on the right wing.

Callum Chambers
: A young English right back, someone who'll give Azpilicueta competition at RB spot and has a lot of room for development.

Out

Branislav Ivanovic: He has been used as fullback so has a tendency to leave the back line and go forward, not too reliable as CB and at the wing he can not cross, nor can he handle pacey/tricky wingers.

Squad

Goalkeepers

Petr Cech: A reliable and one of the best Goalkeepers, who's not getting a bit scared of the kid in Madrid.

Mark Schwarzer: An Australian legend, still a very good deputy to Cech at the age of 40.

Defenders

Ashley Cole: An ageing, but still a very good left back, one of the best Fullbacks of his generation, if not the best.

Ryan Bertrand: Our only academy graduate of the Abramovich era, a very good deputy to Ashley Cole, who's developing and aiming to replace Ashley Cole in Chelsea line-up. I'm sure Cole will be one of the happier persons if he's able to do that.

John Terry: One club, one life. Legend. Not the most loved player by the fans of other clubs, because of his off field activities or so media highlights, still an idol and inspiration for every Chelsea fan. A Captain, leader, who leaves nothing to be desired.

Gary "Back the **** up" Cahill: A player who's famous for his last ditch tackles, but he has to do them because of a defensive mistake he makes earlier which no one notices. Can not hold the line and breaks the offside trap. Transfer listed but no one wanted him. He'll be backup for League Cup and for injuries.

David Luiz: Another crowd favorite whose outrageous goals make everyone go crazy. A skilled defender who likes to play like a kid, Many have suggested moving him to midfield but I'm looking to use him in defence. John Terry has also said that Luiz will be his successor as the Captain.

Doria and Balanta are the newcomers.

Central Midfielders

Frank Lampard: An ageing Lampard who's been unable to cope up since the change of formation to 4-2-3-1, his runs are limited and can not score the goals he's famous for from deeper position, his perfectly timed runs are not so perfect, I'll be looking to play him in the big games where we might use 4-3-3.

Ramires: An under-rated player, not the typical Brazilian flair player, doesn't have the best technique or passing. But what he offers is unique, his relentless tackling and constant running. He never gets tired, also times his run into the box like Lampard. A player who can win the ball high up the pitch and can help in both ends of the field.

Kevin De Bruyne: A player I'm looking to transform. He's originally part of our plethora of Attacking midfielders but his passing vision is just impeccable. He has the physicality to play a deeper role, his long range passing is delicious, I'm looking to transform him into a Steven Gerrard-esque player.

Nathaniel Chalobah: A product of our own academy, originally started as defender but his technical skills saw him pushed up the pitch and he was by far the best player in C'ship during his loan at Watford. Zola has done great work with him, I'm looking forward to integrating him into our first team.

Marco Van Ginkel: I see him as a successor to Michael Ballack. Ze Zerman was one of the better Box to Box midfielders of his time. Skill and physicality this kid can match.

John Obi Mikel: A reliable DM, not liked too much by most of the Chelsea supporters, but that's because his role doesn't involve anything that viewers might notice. He does his work silently and not getting noticed is probably a compliment in this job. His composure and strength is out of this world, can not be forced to give up the ball by any amount of pressing, a rock in front of defence.

Michael Essien: A squad player, backup for injuries. His career has gone downhill since injuries but he's a good player, is a very good influence on youngsters.

Attacking Midfielders

Juan Mata: A fan favorite, the little Magician who reminds everyone of Gianfranco Zola. He also has an eye for goal, I'm going to use him on the right wing, he will not be my primary playmaker. That means he will have to adapt, track back and press.

Eden Hazard: Another big name in this attacking line-up who's starting to become a crowd favorite as well. He's creative player, who creates chances for others and also for himself, he also has an eye for goal.

Oscar: The hard working Brazilian, He will be my primary playmaker. The guy who presses everywhere in the midfield and can win the ball back high up the pitch, frustrates opposition when team doesn't have the ball.

Andre Schurrle: The only different kind of player in this attacking lineup. A direct player who cuts in a shoots, is not one of the creative players but he'll score quite a bit. I might also play him as a striker upfront.

Willian: The player, which Chelsea fans both love and dislike. Love because of the way he was signed and dislike because it leaves less scope for the youngsters to earn a place, considering the amount of AMs the club has on loan, all of them are promising talents.

Tome Ince is the newcomer.

Forwards

Fernando Torres: He should thank the fans for being so much patient with him after his big money move. They shouldn't lose their patience and still back him, he's a fabulous teamplayer and works hard in the training, he's always looking to get back to his high days, he's been asking me a lot of questions since my arrival as to how he can improve.

Samuel Eto'o: A player who I had at my time in Inter, he surely has some rustiness to shake off after his stay in Russia, he's very good in tight spaces and can link up well with other creative players. Even at this age he is a very good player.

Demba Ba: The only player who's a bit physically imposing among our attacking players, a good player for quick style, can finish chances.

Last edited:
Hoh Hoh? Jose Mourinho? xD Not bad.. Will be following this;; Although, as Chelsea, you probably need strikers urgently right? Are you planning to get back Didier Drogba back at Chelsea btw? He can also tutor Lukaku when he gets back. Since I haven't managed Chelsea (being a United fan), do you have the option of loan recalling Lukaku?
I once got him back in second season but there was no option of him tutoring Lukaku. IDK why, the guy idiolizes Drogba, would've been perfect. At Chelsea all the other players have an eye for goal, so I won't bring in reinforcements this year. I'll have Lukaku back next year, Lewandowski signed a new deal at BVB. Torres is a good False 9, although he misses open goal even in FM and it frustrated me a lot. Eto'o has nice stats but he's bullcrap when performing. No takers for Demba Ba, who keeps tripping himself. I may play Juan Mata as False 9 or DLF. (He's competent there, Won't retrain as he's 25 but will play him occasionally if strikers perform miserably).

I once got him back in second season but there was no option of him tutoring Lukaku. IDK why, the guy idiolizes Drogba, would've been perfect. At Chelsea all the other players have an eye for goal, so I won't bring in reinforcements this year. I'll have Lukaku back next year, Lewandowski signed a new deal at BVB. Torres is a good False 9, although he misses open goal even in FM and it frustrated me a lot. Eto'o has nice stats but he's bullcrap when performing. No takers for Demba Ba, who keeps tripping himself. I may play Juan Mata as False 9 or DLF. (He's competent there, Won't retrain as he's 25 but will play him occasionally if strikers perform miserably).

No tutoring option? ****, that's strange. You've set the squad status and everything else higher right? Shame though, Lukaku could become beastly with the right tutors// And actually, among all the players present in the first year, Mata is the only one decent at going forward..

I like your new signings though;; Tom Ince grows immensely. And Doria should be your main defender. He is an excellent, excellent option. Extremely solid defensively, and grows a lot, and scores goals on the other end too. Balanta is a mixed bag. Depending on his randomised attributes, he can either be world class or a normal player. Can you post a screenshot of Balanta as he is on your save?

Callum Chambers is someone I haven't had much luck with. Nice stats, some room for growth, but never really came through, and was rather bad for me. A shame you can't get Alberto Cerri and Pugliese though. Both should be available for around 1 Million or less, and Cerri can immediately contribute in front of goal, which would help Chelsea's goal-scoring woes. Plus, eventual HGC, which is something Chelsea kinda struggle with..

fVG4RoK.png

August 2013

Y4DCNw6.jpg

The Moment I've been waiting for, let's get it going!

August 17th, 2013 | Stamford Bridge, London

Chelsea vs Swansea
2-0
MOTM: David Luiz

The Scoreline doesn't tell the full story. They caused me quite a trouble in breaking down. It was my defender David Luiz who scored from a corner in first half. Their pressing in their defensive half was good and all my attacking players had a bad day at office. Stats were in my favor but out of all shots, we only created 1-2 scoring chances. They were willing to sit their own half, they created once chance from set-piece. The second goal was result of individual brilliance from De Bruyne who came on as a substitute, surely earned himself a start for next game. David Luiz was superb, Won many key headers as they were trying to lob long balls from deep to catch me on the break.

Elsewhere

There was also a Manchester Derby on the starting day at Old Trafford. United played well, created chances, but seems like City were here only to break the legs of opposition, too many fouls. It was 1-1 but Yaya Toure won the game for City with only 5 minutes remaining.

August 21st, 2013 | Stamford Bridge, London

Chelsea vs Liverpool
3-0
MOTM: John Obi Mikel

Again the scoreline is flattering. It was a typical Mourinho performance. David Luiz scored in the dying minutes of first half, which means I introduced Mikel in second half to kill the game off. It was going to end up 1-0 until 88th minute where Mikel decided to score his first PL goal for the club, and what a goal it was, pure beauty. A long, fierce shot from outside the box. Just aft in the next minute, Ramires decided to make an attacking run, he played one two with Samuel Eto'o who knocked a lovely ball for him to run onto, he was fast and score a beauty, a fierce shot, similar to the one he recently scored against Crystal Palace. It was a great day, Chelsea fans went home happy after a win over bitter rivals.

August 24th, 2013 | The Hawthorns, West Bromwich

West Brom vs Chelsea
2-3
MOTM: John Terry

Another game against one of my protege, it proved to be the toughest and most frustrating game of the season. Anelka scored an early goal from an utterly frustrating mistake from Ashley Cole. It was an uphill battle from then on, we went into half time losing 1-0. Our passes weren't connecting. CBs were getting frustrated because of the chances they were creating from my misplaced passes. I changed the tactics in second half, more direct attacking football. The performance wasn't too improved, but Schurrle scored a great goal from left flank that went off the far post. I was regretting not playing Eden Hazard but he proved me wrong. But just after 4 minutes Shane Long equalized for them, hilarious defending from my CBs, didn't jump up to prevent the long ball. I was missing David Luiz too, but then Terry redeemed himself by scoring from a set-piece. The game was heading for a draw until Mata decided to make it 3-2 in last 5 minutes. Fernando Torres assist! I had forgotten that he was playing. Came back twice to claim 3 points.

UEFA Super Cup!

August 30th, 2013 | Garden of Eden, Prague

Bayern Munich vs Chelsea
(Pep Guardiola vs Jose Mourinho)
0-3
MOTM: Aidin Azzarrr (Eden Hazard)

View attachment 437441

What a sublime performance. It was indeed Garden of "Eden". Considering that Pep will likely play a high line, I set-up a counter-attacking team. They can suck on the possession and passes! Get stuck in, I didn't mean to injure their players but ****! they're fragile. First goal was result of an IMPECCABLE cross from Eden who crossed from left flank to Right above the defenders, kind of a like a lob, he himself was in a position to shoot but he chose to pass and Mata fired it in. Solid stuff. Lahm gave away a penalty when Ashley Cole was dribbling his way inside the box on a counter started from their set-piece, Eden sent it past Neuer. Just minutes after that, he scored an AMAZING goal that left everyone stunned, kind of lobbed above the GK, a placed shot to the left top corner, no one could've saved that. I didn't kill the game in second half, didn't disturb my team with subs except Torres, we almost scored twice again.

End of the month review

It was a good month for me, we got all the points in Premier league and I also won my first trophy in my second spell here. I know we at times played football that had fans on the edge of their seats but I hope they understand that we're a team in transition, we also need some time to gel together and play like world beaters, but meanwhile we also I also have to produce results. I'm here and I hope to stay for a long time. You will start seeing us perform better with time. This years aim is to stay in the race while transitioning. This team is young and with a proper system and one two clinical signings, we'll become perfect. We've done wholesale changes in the past, that is not going to happen from now.

Champions League Draw

t2h4jkj.png

We face Juventus again in CL group stages, this time in a tougher group. Every Chelsea fan remembers that game after which club legend Roberto Di Matteo was sacked. It'll be quite tough with PSG in the group, if we don't quality then it'll also be a big financial hit as well as humiliation.

Player of the Month

David Luiz

oL1ytk5.jpg

He didn't play the game against West Brom and we couldn't keep a clean sheet, he has been absolutely brilliant. Also he's scored twice in this month already, both goals could've been decisive. He certainly has answered the people who were saying that he will not fit in a Jose Mourinho system which is defensively solid. He is probably the first name on my team sheet at this point.

Last edited:
No tutoring option? ****, that's strange. You've set the squad status and everything else higher right? Shame though, Lukaku could become beastly with the right tutors// And actually, among all the players present in the first year, Mata is the only one decent at going forward.. I like your new signings though;; Tom Ince grows immensely. And Doria should be your main defender. He is an excellent, excellent option. Extremely solid defensively, and grows a lot, and scores goals on the other end too. Balanta is a mixed bag. Depending on his randomised attributes, he can either be world class or a normal player. Can you post a screenshot of Balanta as he is on your save? Callum Chambers is someone I haven't had much luck with. Nice stats, some room for growth, but never really came through, and was rather bad for me. A shame you can't get Alberto Cerri and Pugliese though. Both should be available for around 1 Million or less, and Cerri can immediately contribute in front of goal, which would help Chelsea's goal-scoring woes. Plus, eventual HGC, which is something Chelsea kinda struggle with..
Indeed, I have Gabriel Barbosa coming in 2014 for 3M though. Him, Lukaku and Torres as backup sounds good for next season. I'll also sell Cech when Courtois returns. Balanta was rather poor on my last save, 9 determination (although it went to 16 in just a year) and injury prone on another save. But his mental stats seem quite decent in this one and no injury history, got Terry tutoring him and it'll work out as his personality is "determined". Terry's is Born Leader. xD I was originally going for Nathaniel Clyne but I couldn't pay more than 12-3M as budget is low in first year and I needed cover. Thought Callum with also achieve club trained status so got him. Has nice stats, although hasn't performed exceptionally, but not too many blips either. I'll sell him for profit if he doesn't work out, came only for 6.5M.

Balanta

I'm most probably nitpicking, but in the Liverpool match, do you mean Luiz scored in the dying minutes of the first half?

Also, in the UEFA Super Cup match, the score looks like Bayern won, since 3 is in red. Or was that intentional?

Ignore the first statement.

And yeah, Balanta seems ok.. If the Determination can be improved, than he'll become pretty awesome. He's average for me at Soton, still on 11 determination, because I can't find anyone to tutor him.. T_T..

No it wasn't, and btw I saw the mistake mentioned in first statement while I was reviewing. Thanks for the second one, though. It was Garden of Eden, Eden Hazard won it for me, lol.

Eden Hazard is excellent isn't he? In him and Willian, Chelsea have excellent wingers ingame, and mostly IRL too. Shame they never seem to want to sell them ingame =P

But yeah, nice work beating Bayern! xD And GL on that tough looking UEFA Champions League group..

Eden Hazard is excellent isn't he? In him and Willian, Chelsea have excellent wingers ingame, and mostly IRL too. Shame they never seem to want to sell them ingame =P

But yeah, nice work beating Bayern! xD And GL on that tough looking UEFA Champions League group..
I think after first season, De Bruyne is on sale for pretty cheap, I was manager of England but he went to SLB for 7.25M, the kid's impeccable. His Value reached 40M+ in second year when I was playing him. Oscar also gets sub apps. Eden is impossible to sign, though. Willian can be signed as Mourinho (AI) in the game is quite dumb, he keeps buying players and not play them. For eg Pedro. He always goes to Chelsea. I can't bear to watch Chelsea with AI Mourinho.

Liking this so far aayush, Mourinho's one of my favourite manager's. Have you exactly replicated his kind of tactics?

Also De Bruyne was my favourite player on FM13. I brought him back to Genk (as well as Courtois & Benteke) and he developed into a world class player, getting around 20 goals, 40 assists and 8.00+ av.rat. a season. Would love to see how he could be developed at Chelsea as normally he doesn't get played.

Liking this so far aayush, Mourinho's one of my favourite manager's. Have you exactly replicated his kind of tactics?
I'm trying to replicate the pressing Mourinho is implementing in real life. I have three tactics, one is low tempo, retain possession, the one that's trendy here on this website. The other two are 4-3-3 Counter (I used this to win WC with England), it's just all about defend and hit on the break. The other is 4-2-3-1 high tempo, short passing (no retain possession) and run at defence. Both of my wingers have PPM (Runs with the ball) and have high pace/acc. I don't play defensive minded counter, but quickly hitting teams on the break with attacking mentality. IDGAF what board thinks. xD

Courtois is best GK on this game, the difference b/w him and Cech is visible, quite literally. I develop De Bruyne as a CM, He has tries long range passes PPM, he also has excellent passing, creativity (Plays through balls) and has good long shots attribute too. He'll be Lampard+Gerrard. I've asked Lampard to tutor him, if I succeed, he'll have "Appears late in opposition area" PPM which just rocks!

Also everyone, read my posts in Mourinho's Portuguese accent, that's how I read them in my mind. xD Also I'll be giving arrogant and cocky interviews. :p

Great start I hope Chambers develops more for you then he did for me!! He was a regular RB for a couple of seasons and didn't progress much so I had to offload him!! KUTGW

I think after first season, De Bruyne is on sale for pretty cheap, I was manager of England but he went to SLB for 7.25M, the kid's impeccable. His Value reached 40M+ in second year when I was playing him. Oscar also gets sub apps. Eden is impossible to sign, though. Willian can be signed as Mourinho (AI) in the game is quite dumb, he keeps buying players and not play them. For eg Pedro. He always goes to Chelsea. I can't bear to watch Chelsea with AI Mourinho.

Haha, in my save, A.I Mourinho likes strikers than wingers. After the 1st season, they bought Christian Benteke for 50 Million $;; Because of that, I got Lukaku from Chelsea for 17 Million $. In the 3rd season, they bought Leo for 60 Million $. In the 4th season, they sold Benteke for 7 Million $ to Man City, and bought Ferreyra for 45 Million $.

Pedro is still on Barca in my save, but he never gets games, because they bought Shaqiri.

I'm trying to replicate the pressing Mourinho is implementing in real life. I have three tactics, one is low tempo, retain possession, the one that's trendy here on this website. The other two are 4-3-3 Counter (I used this to win WC with England), it's just all about defend and hit on the break. The other is 4-2-3-1 high tempo, short passing (no retain possession) and run at defence. Both of my wingers have PPM (Runs with the ball) and have high pace/acc. I don't play defensive minded counter, but quickly hitting teams on the break with attacking mentality. IDGAF what board thinks. xD

Courtois is best GK on this game, the difference b/w him and Cech is visible, quite literally. I develop De Bruyne as a CM, He has tries long range passes PPM, he also has excellent passing, creativity (Plays through balls) and has good long shots attribute too. He'll be Lampard+Gerrard. I've asked Lampard to tutor him, if I succeed, he'll have "Appears late in opposition area" PPM which just rocks!

Nice stuff with the tactics. I developed Kevin De Bruyne into an advanced playmaker who operated at AML, he was a god. Of course at Chelsea you have an abundance of talent at AML already so MC looks like a good option.