Ok, maybe the tweaks you mentioned for the tactic aren't that great for my FC Twente team :(

Steve

Tactic still going well. I had werder bremen in euro cup 1st KO round...they were favourites to win. I pretty much outplayed them home & away. Both legs i had 20 shots total... 1st leg @ home i won 3-2 after being 2 goals up & 2nd leg away i won 1-0. Is there any way i can get the attacking players to finish their chances more often? What kind of changes will those above tweaks have?
Seems to me finishing is sort of 'unfair' on FM...i've been annoyed about it no matter what tactic i have used...especially when you have 20 shots & 11 on target!

Glad it working for you mate :)

Thanks the support. So theres any story about this tactic with your team? :)\

dude. have u made this adjustment in the file attach in the op?

Cheers Steve. :)

If I'm not wrong, you say the defence not too good Steve?

_______

And now I've made little changes to improve the fullback and attack.

Changelist :
- FB to untight man-marking instead tight zonal-marking.
- AMR/L, AMC, and FC tick to hold up ball.

So if there's any input, just please feel free to post :)
I'll post some screen with the tweak later.

Cheers.

Dude. just wanna check with you, if you have included this instruction in the tactic you posted on the op?

Last edited:
Tactic still going well. I had werder bremen in euro cup 1st KO round...they were favourites to win. I pretty much outplayed them home & away. Both legs i had 20 shots total... 1st leg @ home i won 3-2 after being 2 goals up & 2nd leg away i won 1-0. Is there any way i can get the attacking players to finish their chances more often? What kind of changes will those above tweaks have?
Seems to me finishing is sort of 'unfair' on FM...i've been annoyed about it no matter what tactic i have used...especially when you have 20 shots & 11 on target!

Ive also had this problem with this tactic that I have alot of shots on target but only one or two go in game and I am completly dominating the opposite team :/

Ive also had this problem with this tactic that I have alot of shots on target but only one or two go in game and I am completly dominating the opposite team :/

Mate it gets frustrating after a while! Especially when your striker/wingers are on good form and have good attributes! Even with long shots...good attributes and PPM but still very rarely tests the keeper!
Do you find that when your wingers get to the byline on this tactic, that they try to cut inside? I'd rather they try cross it or pull it back to a team mate in the box!

Proof this tactic is working very well on V12.1.1

View attachment 215182

Dont understand why people say they concede a goal every game. First one i have conceded in ages! plus it was in the first minute when David (kid with playstation controller) Luiz missed a header.

I must say however that sometimes when i do dominite games, i will only score 1 or 2 goals. my ST position seems very inconsitant. Sturridge or Torres will have a really good game, score a few then go a few games without a goal, meaning my AMC's need to carry the team and score more.

mparry

Are you using original tactic, or tweaked version?

Just finished the Prem with your tactic. Came first and dominated! was pushed hard by United all season but as you can see below, the tactic got stronger and stronger towards the end. The Loss v West Brom was with a few youngsters in there then normal due to a tired squad.
View attachment 215212View attachment 215213

All in all a brilliant tactic mate! IMO the best thing about the tactic is the way you control the game. You may not score 4+ goals but you will dominate possession and wait for the clear chances to score. Vs the big teams you have a lot of confidence that the tactic will stop the other team playing their game as you control the possession.

I'm really happy with this tactic, so far with Tottenham i've won 10 and lost 1 drawn none including a 7-0 victory against City which i was thrilled with. I'm experiencing one problem though and that is i seem to constantly concede early goals against some of the worse teams i've played. Is this common with people using this tactic or am i doing something wrong? Thanks and great tactic!

Riska

The defence is good, I think the whole tactic is pretty solid, just i'am conceeding about a goal a game, so maybe once you update to patch 12.1.1 you could check it out and see if any tweaks can be applied to the centre backs.

Steve
Of course, I've been trying some experiment at the defence, just haven't found a consistent one.
Confused with the closing down setup, as I usually using pressing system but seems unstable in the small team especially with slower defender. Need find the best formula to fit with the 'plug & play' statement :)

Any tweaking will be shared to you guys ;)
Ok, maybe the tweaks you mentioned for the tactic aren't that great for my FC Twente team :(

Steve
Hmmm seems the defence getting weak, try to back the FB setup with the original one (tight zonal).

Last edited:

LOL
Mate, I love the words about 'unfair' :D

Okay sum picture about what we call 'unfair' :p
NacionaldaMadeiravTottenhamStats_MatchStats.png

WiganvTottenhamStats_MatchStats.png

1st pict, with the number of shot I've made.
2nd pict, not far different, but the opponent got 2 goal when they just hit the target once?

So, there's nothing I can do to fix this 'unfair' or badluck :)

Last edited:
Proof this tactic is working very well on V12.1.1

View attachment 215182

Dont understand why people say they concede a goal every game. First one i have conceded in ages! plus it was in the first minute when David (kid with playstation controller) Luiz missed a header.

I must say however that sometimes when i do dominite games, i will only score 1 or 2 goals. my ST position seems very inconsitant. Sturridge or Torres will have a really good game, score a few then go a few games without a goal, meaning my AMC's need to carry the team and score more.

Just finished the Prem with your tactic. Came first and dominated! was pushed hard by United all season but as you can see below, the tactic got stronger and stronger towards the end. The Loss v West Brom was with a few youngsters in there then normal due to a tired squad.
View attachment 215212View attachment 215213

All in all a brilliant tactic mate! IMO the best thing about the tactic is the way you control the game. You may not score 4+ goals but you will dominate possession and wait for the clear chances to score. Vs the big teams you have a lot of confidence that the tactic will stop the other team playing their game as you control the possession.
Great if the tactic at least not bad in 12.1.1 :)

Could you post your players stats mate?
I'm really happy with this tactic, so far with Tottenham i've won 10 and lost 1 drawn none including a 7-0 victory against City which i was thrilled with. I'm experiencing one problem though and that is i seem to constantly concede early goals against some of the worse teams i've played. Is this common with people using this tactic or am i doing something wrong? Thanks and great tactic!
Glad you like it.
About concede against smaller teams, yes I also been through this. I think its not as tactical effect, just another things.

Btw, thanks for feedback guys ! :)

What kind of tweak is it you talking about?
Would love to test it in swedish division. Is it crucial with inside forwards?:)
Sorry if you're not following mate, little tweaks.

Changelist :

Pacey players would be good. And didn't have PPM shoot from distance.
Looking forward for your feedback. :)

Sorry if you're not following mate, little tweaks.

Changelist :

Pacey players would be good. And didn't have PPM shoot from distance.
Looking forward for your feedback. :)

Thanks for a quick answer. Just one thing I have I mind.
What about the CM's? Could k have a BWM and a AP? Or booth must be BWM?

Cheers:wub:

I really cant get this tactic to work with a team like city :< it really frustrates me

Thanks for a quick answer. Just one thing I have I mind.
What about the CM's? Could k have a BWM and a AP? Or booth must be BWM?

Cheers:wub:
It would be better if you put the BWM, but I think it's okay with one AP. :)

I really cant get this tactic to work with a team like city :< it really frustrates me
Well, that's weird mate.
What kind of the tactic who can't working with city?

Okay, just give me more details, maybe I can help.
Cheers.