Fixtures

Napoli 4
Goals: Lorenzo Insigne (4), Stefan Radu (Own Goal 8), Marek Hamsik (40), Edinson Cavani (45+2)
Bookings: -
Injuries: -
MVP: Edinson Cavani (8.7)

Lazio 0
Goals: -
Bookings: Lorik Cana (61), Stefan Radu (84)
MVP: Cristian Ledesma (6.9)

After the riots earlier the same day, outside of Maradona's house, the Napoli players looked really motivated to beat Lazio and send their fans home depressed.
And how they did it, from kick-off to the final whistle, Napoli stepped on the gas and went forward with force.
It took only 4 minutes for Napoli-born Lorenzo Insigne scored the first goal of the evening and San Paolo started shaken from a unisont cheer from almost 45,000 people. Only four minutes later it was time again, a power-shot from close range by Cavani hit the crossbar and bounced straight at Stefan Radu, who didn't have time to move, and past the goal line. A well placed shot by Hamsik in the 40th minute saw Napoli sail towards a comfortable victory, with Lazio only having managed a single shot on target so far and when Cavani made it 4-0 by rounding Federico Marchetti just before half time, the Napoli fans sung for the rest of the evening as Lazio barely managed to save their dignity in the last half.

Napoli 1
Goals: Lorenzo Insigne (36)
Bookings: Lorenzo Insigne (87)
MVP: Lorenzo Insigne (7.7)

Anji 1
Goals: Adlan Mogilevskiy (34)
Bookings: Joao Carlos (19), Samuel Eto'o (36), Alexandr Shengelia (38), Lacina Traore (63), Valery Matyunin (86)
MVP: Adlan Mogilevskiy (8.8)

Just as against Lazio, Napoli went forward from the kick off, creating chance upon chance. But it was Anji who would get the first goal of the evening as Mogilevskiy knocked one in for the Russians on a corner. Napoli were fast to take it back to even though as Insigne, once again, got a ball in the net just 2 minutes after Anji's.
But this was not Napoli's night as Anji pulled most of their team back, going for counter attacks instead of playing on even terms, and they managed to keep the score down to 1-1. A draw that Anji will be much happier about than Di Lauro and Napoli.

Gino Peruzzi makes his Europa League debut for Napoli as Maggio sits on the bench against Anji

A.C. Milan 0
Bookings: Massimo Ambrosini (10), Nigel de Jong (60)
MVP: Massimo Ambrosini (7.0)

Napoli 3
Goals: Edinson Cavani (43), Valon Behrami (81), Alessandro Florenzi (90)
Bookings: Paolo Cannavaro (45+2), Hugo Campagnaro (49)
MVP: Valon Behrami (8.8)

The first real top match for Napoli and they managed to get away with three points without much fuzz. Milan looked really weak today as they only managed to get one shot on goal, and five shots in total. And that was with a pretty even possession percentage. Napoli just were a size too big this evening and Allegri will not be pleased with how his men acted on the field today, no sir. After the full time whistle, A.C. Milan were booed off San Siro with their eyes fixed on the ground.

Napoli 0
Bookings: Lorenzo Insigne (11), Gökhan Inler (15), Marek Hamsik (60), Alessandro Florenzi (73), Jetro Willems (76), Stephan El Shaarawy (83), Hugo Campagnaro (87)
MVP: Christian Maggio (7.1)

Juventus 2
Goals: Claudio Marchisio (52), Leonardo Bonucci (66)
Bookings: Mirko Vucinic (1st 15, 2nd 22), Arturo Vidal (64), Claudio Marchisio (74), Giorgio Chiellini (1st 81, 2nd 84)
MVP: Leonardo Bonucci (9.0)

A game filled with passion and will, two of the top teams in Italy drew 55,883 people to San Paolo in Napoli. But the homefans would not go home smiling. The referee had a lot of job to do in a game that produced 13 yellow cards and two red, blowing the whistle all the time stopping the game. This proved to be a problem for Napoli who, despite having most of the chances, didn't manage to get the flow to their game that we've been used to this season, instead Juventus could counter and with tenacious midfielder Marchisio running from one half to the other, he manage to place a ball behind De Sanctis after a great cross from Jérémy Ménez. Even with a man down, Juventus got the lead, and when they got a freekick in the 66th minute, Pirlo's kick reached Bonucci's forehead and 0-2 was a fact. The Napoli defence lost their marking on him completely. With one man down, Juventus pulled back and weathered the storm that was Napoli, and manage to keep the lead until the game was over. As was Napoli's run of wins in the league, they are still on top but Juventus is close now.

Leonardo Bonucci being the main man as Juventus put Napoli's run to a halt

Fixtures

Napoli 5
Goals: Davide Astori (Own Goal 4), Edinson Cavani (18, 83), Stephan El Shaarawy (33), Marek Hamsik (57)
Bookings: Edinson Cavani (45+2), Paolo Cannavaro (90+2)
Injuries: Lorenzo Insigne (Out for ~1 week)
MVP: Stephan El Shaarawy (9.0)

Cagliari 0
Bookings: Sebastian Eriksson (1st 27, 2nd 86), Andrea Cossu (42), Daniele Dessena (1st 45+3, 2nd 56), Daniele Conti (60), Federico Casarini (82)
MVP: Sebastian Eriksson (7.0)

Napoli bounced right back after their defeat in the last game, Cagliari was unlucky to stand in their way. They were completely demolished as Napoli went for goal with all their force, Edinson Cavani leading the way with two goals to his name. But El Shaarawy stole the show with a goal of his own as well as two assists in this game.

Atalanta 1
Goals: Morgan De Sanctis (Own goal 45+1)
Bookings: Rómulo (26), Giacomo Bonaventura (41), Facundo Parra (50), Luca Cigarini (87)
MVP: Carlos Carmona (7.6)

Napoli 1
Goals: Goran Pandev (65)
Bookings: Valon Behrami (1st 58, 2nd 75)
MVP: Paolo Cannavaro (7.5)

Atalanta have surprised this year and is placed third in the league so far and is the only undefeated team in the league after 10 games. No wonder Napoli had problems with them. But the had a chance to win this, but Cavani missed a penalty in the 88th minute, or Andrea Consigli saved a penalty, any way you want to put it.
Napoli had a few other chances but didn't look as forceful as they have lately, still a draw is acceptable in an away game against the over achieving Atalanta.

Anji 0
Bookings: Adlan Mogilevkiy (13), Valery Matyunin (66)
MVP: Mbark Boussoufa (7.8)

Napoli 2
Goals: Stephan El Shaarawy (15), Alessandro Florenzi (55)
Bookings: Valon Behrami (1), Gino Peruzzi (36), Paolo Cannavaro (49)
MVP: Stephan El Shaarawy (8.7)

Napoli is still unbeaten in Europe atleast and is still leading the group after a comfortable victory in a wet Russia.
Once again it was the youngsters who lead the way, Florenzi and "Il Faraone" with one goal each. El Shaarawy with one assist as well, was the best man on the field today. A strong midfield with Hamsik and Behrami made sure that the Anji players never had much of the ball.

El Shaarawy steps up his game and helps to get some important points for Napoli

Aurelio De Laurentiis announces more money being invested in S.S.C. Napoli.

"I'm really impressed with what the managers and coaches at the club are doing right now, I and the fans enjoy the style of football they are trying to play, and we all enjoy them winning. As a token of the faith I have in this set up, I have announced that Di Lauro will have €25M extra to spend in the coming transfer window, as he see fit."

Movie mogul Aurelio Di Laurentiis Chairman of S.S.C. Napoli

Fixtures

Napoli 4
Goals: Marek Hamsik (16, Penalty 29), Eduardo Vargas (23), Lorenzo Insigne (76)
Bookings: Stephan El Shaawary (12), Alessandro Gamberini (52)
Injuries: Alessandro Florenzi (Out for 5 days)
MVP: Marek Hamsik (8.9)

Siena 2
Goals: Gaetano D'Agostino (42), Reginaldo (62)
Bookings: Zé Eduardo (12), Matteo Contini (47), Matias Campos Toro (51), Felipe (59)
MVP: Gaetano D'Agostino (7.8)

Another great offensive game by Napoli. Maradona must be proud as he handles much of the offensive training in the team, and it really seems to be working out terrific with Napoli scoring plenty in almost every game. This time around the opposition was able to score as well, not enough though. Marek Hamsik had a good game scoring twice but missing another penalty that came in the 40th minute. But it was all well in the end..

Napoli 2
Goals: Gökhan Inler (18), Edinson Cavani (23)
Bookings: Jetro Willems (73)
Injuries: Blerim Dzemaili (Out for 3-4 months)
MVP: Alessandro Gamberini (8.6)

Dynamo Kyiv 0
Bookings: -
MVP: Taye Taiwo (7.3)

Ukrainian visitors stood no chance as Napoli once again proved themselves to be the strongest team in the group and that the rest would have to fight for the second place as the first spot is firmly Napoli's. After this loss Dynamo Kyiv doesn't stand a chance to get promoted though with 4 losses. Jetro Willems did a terrific job keeping Yarmolenko, Kyiv's star, out of the game as much as possible and he didn't get much done at all.

Catania 2
Goals: Francesco Lodi (41), Adrián Ricchiuti (79)
Bookings: Marco Biagianti (61)
MVP: Francesco Lodi (7.9)

Napoli 4
Goals: Goran Pandev (15), Edinson Cavani (19, 61), Lorenzo Insigne (34)
Bookings: Andrea Dossena (8)
Injuries: Marco Donadel (Out 3-5 days)
MVP: Edinson Cavani (9.3)

Catania did well to score two goals in two shots on goal, but little does that help when Napoli score 4 times in 14. A win that keeps Napoli in first place with Inter trailing at with one point up, it's still tight in the top.

Di Lauro: "It's really amazing how good offensive football we're playing at the moment, we just keep on scoring and scoring for fun. Insigne is going on great, developing really well, Cavani spearheads our attacks with speed, strenght and with an eye for goal. With Hamsik and Behrami behind them laying on great passes. We're just playing great at the moment, Zola and Maradona really know what they're doing and they're teaching me a lot."

Edinson Cavani leading Napoli's attack with 10 goals in 11 league games

Last edited:
Fantastic read mate and some great results. Could you post up the table? Also who you thinking of signing? Can you have a swing by my Man Utd story and see what you think? Sorry for the plug but no one really commenting just wondering how someone else thinks it's going.

Fantastic read mate and some great results. Could you post up the table? Also who you thinking of signing? Can you have a swing by my Man Utd story and see what you think? Sorry for the plug but no one really commenting just wondering how someone else thinks it's going.

Sure thing!
I've already signed Giacomo Bonaventura from Atalanta for €5M.
I'm trying to get Erik Lamela, but I don't want to pay an over price for him. Trying to get rid of Pandev as well, never been a real fan of him.
It's a bit hard to sign some players though, I don't have the stature to get the big signings over that I want, even if I have the money, Yarmolenko and Balotelli doesn't seem interested at all.
I'd like someone who can play inside striker both left and right preferably, or only right if that's the only possible way. Also I might try to sell Donadel and get another midfielder in, a more offensive one that can play in the middle and up front if called for.
Same goes for Britos, I might try to get rid of him and get one or two strong central defenders, preferably Italian, looking at Marco Capuano and Davide Astori but might just get one and try to lure Salvatore Bochetti home from Russia when his contract runs out at the summer window.

How about Poli as an MC and look and Niang.

Yeah, I will look in on Poli, he does look interesting and is always bought by a big team if you don't pick him up yourself.
Niang on the other hand I won't sign. Just because he's an A.C. Milan player, a rival of Napoli and I try to stay away from those kind of transfers.

Fixtures

Napoli 6
Goals: Miguel Britos (3), Edinson Cavani (31), Stephan El Shaarawy (58, 82), Marek Hamsik (61, 66)
Bookings: Christian Maggio (53)
MVP: Stephan El Shaarawy (9.5)

Pescara 0
Bookings: Manuele Blasi (48)
Injuries: Vladimir Weiss (Out for ~2 weeks)
MVP: Matti Lund Nielsen (7.0)

Napoli showed no mercy, no intention to stop, as they completely smashed a poor Pescara side to a pulp.
The whole team showed some of their best form tonight as almost all the passes went to their target, and chances were created time and time again. Even the defence did their job well this time around, not that Pescara got to borrow much of the ball, but when they did Cannavaro and Britos was in their way all the time.

Sampdoria 1
Goals: Maxi López (17)
Bookings: Renan (34), Nenad Krsticic (47)
MVP: Lorenzo De Silvestri (8.8)

Napoli 0
Bookings: Christian Maggio (3)
MVP: Paolo Cannavaro (7.1)

After a game with many Napoli goals, came a game with none. The chances were there but the Sampdoria defence held tight until the end with some good positioning and goalkeeping. These games will always come, no matter how good your form, and Napoli will have to accept that. They don't have a good enough team to go unbeaten a whole season, there will be bumps in the road.

Hannover 4
Goals: Sérgio Pinto (7), Szabolcs Huszti (54), Jan Schlaudraff (70), Mame Diouf (77)
Bookings: Mame Diouf (29)
MVP: Mame Diouf (8.3)

Napoli 2
Goals: Edinson Cavani (22, 32)
Bookings: Christian Maggio (18), Stephan El Shaarawy (30), Hugo Campagnaro (90)
MVP: Edinson Cavani (8.8)

First time this season that Napoli loses twice in a row. You could see that the players weren't motivated when they walked out on the pitch, Napoli were already clear winners of the group and just wanted to be done with it and go to the next round. Hannover had more to play for and showed it, this was three points that took them to 2nd place and qualification.

Napoli 3
Goals: Paolo Cannavaro (30), Eduardo Vargas (31), Edinson Cavani (73)
Bookings: Jetro Willems (16), Paolo Cannavaro (71), Lorenzo Insigne (85), Hugo Campagnaro (88)
MVP: Lorenzo Insigne (8.6)

Roma 2
Goals: Mattia Destro (78), Michael Bradley (80)
Bookings: Michael Bradley (21), Francesco Totti (41), Pablo Osvaldo (56), Gabriel Paletta (58), Iván Piris (64)
MVP: Michael Bradley (8.7)

A game with two quick double's where Edinson Cavani's goal stood out as the winning one. Napoli looked to have the game safe and comfortable when he scored the 3-0 goal in the 73rd minute, but Roma thought differently and went out in full force towards the end, managing to score twice but it was a little too late and in the last ten minutes, Napoli could pull back and defend their lead. Napoli will be glad to have ended their first losing streak after just two losses.

Unlucky with those defeats this month mate. How's Fiorenzi doing?

He's doing really well but has dropped some of that insane Europa League form, he's scored 5 in 15 starts in the league, and 5 in 5 starts in Europa League. But get's to play a whole lot still.
I lost the track of games I played so I'm a bit too far ahead in the game now, so I'll just do a quick re-cap next.

Fixtures - Summary

Italian Cup 1st Round

Napoli 4
Goals: Edinson Cavani (22, 120+1), Alessandro Florenzi (77, 117)

Genoa 2
Goals: Marco Borriello (24, 55)

Italian Cup Quarter Final

Napoli 3
Goals: Alessandro Florenzi (15), Goran Pandev (45), Marek Hamsik (Penalty 62)

Parma 0

Inter 1
Goals: Matías Agustín Silvestre (49)

Napoli 2
Goals: Stephan El Shaarawy (27), Gökhan Inler (83)

Napoli 2
Goals: Alessandro Florenzi (37), Lorenzo Insigne (81)

Torino 1
Goals: Alessandro Gazzi

Parma 2
Goals: Cristian Zaccardo (52), Marco Parolo (68)

Napoli 2
Goals: Edinson Cavani (Penalty 65, 82)

Napoli 5
Goals: Paolo Cannavaro (13), Alessandro Florenzi (17), Lorenzo Insigne (25), Alessandro Gamberini (45), Stephan El Shaarawy (78)

Udinese 2
Goals: Bryan Rabello (21), Mehdi Benatia (84)

Napoli 3
Goals: Ronaldinho Gaúcho (18, 36), Goran Pandev (40)

Fiorentina 0

Serie A End of the Year Awards

Goalkeeper of the Year

Defender of the Year

Player of the Year

Foreign Player of the Year

Italian Player of the Year

Young Player of the Year

Fans Player of the Year

Serie A Table

This is my team and how I form them up, mostly. I sometimes go with a more defensive formation when up against strong teams and away from home, I always play attacking football at the San Paolo though, atleast from the start.
Edinson Cavani is just the best up front, almost never fails and is hardly ever injured for me (hope I don't jinx it!).
Hamsik is good both ways in the midfield and the same goes for Inler, both of them can score when given the chance. Three Italians between the midfield and attack in form of Lorenzo Insigne to the left, Alessandro Florenzi in the middle and Stephan El Shaarawy to the right. They're good now, and I hope they'll turn great, and later on even legendary.
In the defense I play with offensive wingbacks since the other players on the flanks are inside forwards, they don't really cross the ball, so they need back up, Cavani is good on the head as well.
I just got Davide Astori in, he's only 3½ stars or something but he usually plays much better than that for me, and I'd like as many Italians in the team as possible, Bochetti is coming in on a free transfer in the summer and will rotate with Astori and Cannavaro, and perhaps one other since Ranocchia is unhappy at inter and I seem to get him for €4.4M. Maggio usually plays on the right wingback with Peruzzi as back up and future starter, on the left I have Jetro Willems with Dossena as back up since I couldn't sell him.
De Sanctis has this season in him in the goal, then I'll look for either someone to replace him right away or a younger talented keeper to rotate him with.

Looks really good. Thinking of starting a save with napoli also after reading your story. :) Is there any chance you can post the team instructions on your tactics as well?

Thanks man! Keep the good work up! I will keep follow your story.

Late goals as Roma knocks Napoli out of the Italian Cup
In a tight contest that ended 5-4 in Romas favour after two games, both times Napoli had a 2-0 lead before the Giallorossi turned it around. All Roma's goals came after the 70th minute mark and Napoli will have to take a look at the fitness of the defence if they can't keep up for a whole game.

Both games were action packed with two teams that wanted to attack, Cavani and Destro both got two goals each and veteran Simone Perrotta saved the day for Roma as he, in the 82nd minute, scored a goal from the midfield line as Italian internation Morgan De Sanctis strayed too far away from his goal, not noticing the danger until it was too late.

Gianfranco Zola: "We're not happy at all with this result, we really wanted to win the cup. Going out like this hurts even more since they are bitter rivals of ours and that they twice caught up to our two goal leads. We have to stay focused until the full time whistle, every game, we can't afford to lose leads like this in the league, then we'll have no way of keeping up with Juventus, they look really strong this season. The only positive we can take from this is that this will give us some more rest and perhaps that'll help us in the Serie A as well as in Europa League."

Transfer Window Closes

S.S.C. Napoli have spent much money during the winter transfer window, to strengthen their squad for the second half of the season. Only one player have been sold, Hugo Campagnaro who went to Napoli rivals Atalanta, for a fee said to be around €2-3M. Hugo has had a good season so far in Napoli but seems to have lost favour as younger defenders have been brought in.

Alan Ruiz was the first player to join. The young Argentinian midfielder joined from San Lorenzo without even playing a game for them. He has represented Argentina on a U20 level 14 times without scoring. People who know him have said that he is a fairly well rounded player who can both pass and dribble, but still has some to learn before being able to compete at a European level. At 19 years of age, he has that time. He has been labeled as "The Next Juan Román Riquelme".

As Campagnaro left for Atalanta, Giacomo Bonaventura went the other way. This young Italian midfielder is very versatile player being able to play anywhere on the midfield and the offensive midfield comfortably. Is probably going to be seen as a rotational player at Napoli, and a sub just for that reason. He is 23 years old and will have time to improve his game at a larger club under the influence of Gianfranco Zola among others. He has been touted as "The Next Alessandro Diamanti".

Napoli seemed even further interested in getting midfielders as they snatched up Ronaldinho Gaúcho back to Italy, on a free transfer and a contract just until the summer. If he proves himself useful still at the age of 32, he might get another year contract. The former 2 time World Player of the Year winner is said to be pleased to join Napoli and getting a chance at his age, to perform at top level and to work together with Diego Maradona.

Much sought after central defender Davide Astori made the decision to join Napoli after saying no to Juventus and Inter. At a hefty fee of €16.75M he is expected to get a spot right away and play next to Paolo Cannavaro in the Napoli defense. Astori have represented Italy on two occasions and hopes that this move to a bigger team will help his chances on getting to the World Championship with Italy next year in Brazil.

Another central defender joined up with Napoli shortly afterwards, Andrea Ranocchia was unhappy with the amount of playing time he got at Inter, so Napoli got the Italian defender relatively cheap at a price of €5M. Considering Inter bought him in the 2010-11 season for no less than €18.5M. He has represented Italy in 8 international games. Now we'll have to see if he can make a good impression on the Napoli leaders and get himself a spot on the team so he can be happy.

On the very last day of the window, Napoli stood for a coup as Marco Verratti announced he was flying to Napoli to sign his new contract with them. The Italian wonderkid was highly sought after by all top clubs in Italy before signing for Paris SG at the start of the season. As he never really settled in France, he made the decision to move back home as Napoli inquired him and PSG if he was available. Italy have high hopes for him, and together with the other young Italians in Napoli's squad, perhaps they can all together prove themselves to be good enough for the Italian international side until next year's World Cup.