fmisawesome

Reaction score
Since May, I've had about 4 season long games. However, despite wanting too play it more, I always get tired and bored in my second season. I'm not sure why this is and I'm sure it isn't the fact that I'm losing too much (I got bored of my second season with Barca despite having won the treble the previous season). Does anyone have any suggestions/tips for keeping yourself motivated in a long term game (My longest ever game was for 2 and a half seasons). If so please leave a comment!

Since May, I've had about 4 season long games. However, despite wanting too play it more, I always get tired and bored in my second season. I'm not sure why this is and I'm sure it isn't the fact that I'm losing too much (I got bored of my second season with Barca despite having won the treble the previous season). Does anyone have any suggestions/tips for keeping yourself motivated in a long term game (My longest ever game was for 2 and a half seasons). If so please leave a comment!

Playing with Barca is boring mate:/ too easy try somone like Newcastle, gives u a challenge

It's not just easy teams I got bored of. I managed Vauxhall Motors, one of the worst teams in the game, and won the BSN with them first season, yet I still got bored second season and quit.

i dont see how someone cant get bored after about 3 seasons. most i ever played was about 5 when i was 11 and your much more easily pleased at that age. nowdays most tings about the game annoy me(like the ai and seeing too many big teams struggle like chelsea finishing in 11th just annoys me)

Last edited:
I'm playing FM casually, and most of time did not able to reach my 10th season as manager in FM. But as long as you enjoy it, why not?

Maybe if you set up challenge for yourself properly, try to emulate real life manager, and maybe less cheating, maybe I said. and many more.

I often have the same problem. No matter who I am, I seen to do ridiculously well, without cheating. I got promoted in the first season with Forest, and then second season in the Prem I intentionally lost my last 3 games to avoid winning the league, as I felt I would have nothing left to achieve if I won it.

Choose a team that you genuinely care about. I've kept a game going for 10 seasons with Sutton United (My local team).

set a high challenge. if you don't like LLM, try getting a middle-chart team of a decent european nation (sweden, norway, that kind of teams) to win the Champions League. it will take you quite more than two season, that's pretty sure

I also seem to start losing interest half way through my second season, regardless of what team I am managing.

What I find a lot of people do is sign the same players for every club they play as. I always try to sign different people to keep it fresh, to see how they can improve. I manage to get to 10+ seasons a lot.

What I find a lot of people do is sign the same players for every club they play as. I always try to sign different people to keep it fresh, to see how they can improve. I manage to get to 10+ seasons a lot.

i see what you mean. for me, some players are just the gold standard and whenever i see they are realistic targets i try to buy them (pastore, hazard and pjanic). for the others, i don't mind, i buy who i think is the kind of player i need in the team i'm managing. plus, i love regens and i love retraining them in positions they could do better than in the original one (i'm a fan of strikers converted into wingers)