mcconnor8

Reaction score
SHADOW STRIKER DOMINATION

View attachment 177840View attachment 177839

This tactic is built around the use of 3 Shadow Strikers to interchange and create chances with the 2 wing backs bombing on and providing the width that a winger would usually provide when in possession, then providing the defensive stability when out of possession.

RESULTS

View attachment 177836View attachment 177837View attachment 177835
View attachment 177832View attachment 177833

I have used this tactic with Red Star Belgrade in the first season so far and had very impressive results with it, I am top of the league in February and just beat the media's prediction, Partizan Belgrade, for the title 4-0 away from home which was a great performance and means that I will probably win the league now. In the Europa league I made it through 3 play off rounds and annoyingly went out in a very hard group including Villarreal and Fiorentina. I went out on head to head record and was 4-1 up away against Fiorentina before they scored 3 second half goals to draw 4-4 which is the main reason I went out.

SET PIECES

View attachment 177831View attachment 177829View attachment 177713View attachment 177712

I have used a variety of different set piece tactics from around the forums, and one of the key sources of goals for the team is the corners. The tactic that I use creates lots of chances with the player set to run to the edge of the box regularly receiving the ball in dangerous positions. Defensively from set pieces the team is also very strong and I rarely concede any goals from set pieces. As you can see from the screenshot above I have 10 goals from corners this season, the most in the league, and only 1 conceded, the joint least in the league.

Feel free to leave feedback and test the tactic with a variety of different teams because so far Red Star is the only team I have used it with and it has been very successful but it needs to be tested further, also leave any feedback on how to improve it in your opinion. Hope you enjoy it :)

DOWNLOAD LINK

View attachment 177828

Last edited:
could u plz put the files of ur corner routine for download, plz?)

OI and training at all? Also, do u make any changes when chasing a goal or defending a lead? going to test with mufc season 3

I leave opposition instructions to the assistant manager to do, so make sure that he has at least 15 in judging player ability and tactical knowledge, usually I leave the same when defending a lead but if you are against a big team and they are dominating then set wing backs to defend, set team to drop deeper and set mentality to counter.

Will try this with Celtic as this tactic suits them, been usingDarrens 4123 and that was amazing,but like the look of this Shadow striker tactic

Since this is a strikerless setup, would you like to share it on Strikerless.com as well?

using your corner routine to good success could you please share your free kick routine so i can use that too?

I've tried this tactic for a few games and it looks really promising (it's year 2023, so not much of a challenge to win with pretty much any tactic. Nevertheless, it gave some nice results and I'm always looking to try somewhat unconventional tactics).
Definitely going to give it a try again in a new save, with a team not so strong as I have at the moment.

Please can you post player instructions screenshots as i can t download the tactic.Thanks

Every player has pass it shorter, mark tighter, tackle harder and close down as most as possible, Centre backs have hold position, wing backs have stay wider and more risky passes, CDM has dribble less, box to box midfielder has dribble less, more risky passes and move into channel, roaming playmaker has more risky passes and move into channels and the shadow strikers all have roam from position.

This has worked brilliantly for me albeit with Dortmund, I've had to combine it with a more orthodox style away from home as I was struggling to get results. The 3 SS work brilliantly I play Willian, Embolo and Volland there at the minute but Renato Sanches is very effective there too!! Despite having no out and out striker we out scored everyone in the league last year!!!

This has worked brilliantly for me albeit with Dortmund, I've had to combine it with a more orthodox style away from home as I was struggling to get results. The 3 SS work brilliantly I play Willian, Embolo and Volland there at the minute but Renato Sanches is very effective there too!! Despite having no out and out striker we out scored everyone in the league last year!!!

Yeah this tactic is very good going forward despite the lack of a striker

Hey, realised I prolly should have asked this before made my thread: I used your tactic as a starting point for the one I use for 1860 Munich and combined it with some of my preferences (namely a higher line, more expansive passing, and quicker passing). It has helped me stave off relegation in the first season and push for promotion now in the final third of my second season. Do you mind if I create a thread query feedback on potential issues when I get into the Bundesliga? If you mind, I'll take it down no worries.

As for your tactic, I joined 1860 Munich midway during the 2015-2016 season. They were rock bottom after 19 games with only 6 points and no wins. They were horrific, I mean bad. Thankfully Germany has a winterbreak so I had time to get moral up, train the tactic with friendlies and get players in on loan that could better fit it. Ryu Seung-Woo, loan from Leverkusen, was a God-send. 11 wins, 2 draws, and 2 losses in the final 15 games of season saw us to safety with 5 points to spare. For the most part, it's solid going forward especially as an underdog away from home.

The biggest downside was that there was a lot of micromanagement to close off games as the attackers were poor finishers so there were many nervy endings. When I say poor finishers, the best attacker at the club that wanted to be at the club had a composure finishing score of 11 and 10. I remember a game being 5 CCCs and all shots missed the target by a good distance. No fault of the tactic by any means.