Reaction score
I would just like to point out here that this is the first and only Football Management PC sim I have ever owned. Sure I dabbled with FM 06 on Xbox 360, and a couple of the LMAs on the old PS2, but by and large I think most people will see me as a novice.
I'm a bit of a feel-good player as well as a realist, so rather displace any existant manager I chose to start unemployed.

2010/2011
I started my managerial career unemployed, and I applied for several jobs but was unsuccessful in all applications. I flirted with the Northern Irish Leagues by declaring my interest in a few jobs over there, but the managers continued to turn things around :mad: .
It didn't take too long though, and in October my persistance was rewarded with underperforming Blue Square Bet South side Easteigh offering me a job after sacking their manager. Their squad was quite good, but morale was rock bottom. There were a few useful players, but lots of dead weight aswell, eating up an already gone-over wage budget.
In January made 3 key signings, a goalie (Zach Kalthoff), a young right back (Nikki Ahamed) and two predatory strikers (Aaron Greene and a much-travelled Ade Akinbiyi). With these signings I managed to work my way up through the league, and on the last day of the season I completed a turnaround for the club, finishing 2nd to a strong Dover side. I later qualified through the play-offs. Greene's season was hampered by persistant injury, but Akinbiyi was a revelation in partnership with Jamie Slabber, scoring 4 goals and providing 6 assists in 17 appearances.
I also had unprecedented success in the FA Trophy, winning the tournament thanks (largely) to very kind draws, and a lacklustre Fleetwood in the final. I was knocked out of the FA Cup before I took over.

2011/2012
Going into the Blue Square Bet Premier I realised that my squad, whilst good enough for the Blue Square Bet North, would not be good enough for here. I made a complete overhaul. All dead weight was allowed to leave as free agents, or sold for 5% of next sale. Unfortunately I lost my top scoring striker of the season before (Jamie Slabber) on a free transfer to Llanelli after his wage demands trebled. I also lost key winger Shaun McAuley to Fingal on a free.
But I replaced them, I signed numerous youth players, most notably Gerard Kinsella and Christopher Chantler in midfield. I also signed Gambian centre half Jonathon Cole and Ghanian midfield general Mamadi Keita to add to my new look squad. Jamie Reckford was the finishing product, a good reliable left back. The only thing I lacked was a decent right midfielder.
My new-look squad looked good from the start, but Luton still managed to steam ahead. The driving force for me? Ade Akinbiyi. He was in sensational form, scoring 15 goals in 18 games before injury cut his season short. Nonetheless, Aaron Greene kept finding the net for my side and we remained consistent. So consistent in fact that we went unbeaten 23 games until the end of the season. As Febuary approached, Luton started stuttering. They dropped points where they shouldn't have, and I closed the gap to 1 point, where it remained until I played them away from home 3 games from the end.
No-one thought we would do well against them. We were more than 20-1 for winning that match, but Luton coughed. Eastleigh ran them rampant, scoring for fun. In the end, we beat them 4-1. 4-1 against Luton, away from home. Luton failed to recover from there, and somehow, we managed to romp home to our second successive promotion, with me winning Blue Square Bet Premier Manager of the Year. Christopher Chantler also scooped Blue Square Bet Premier Player of the Year. I also managed to persuade the board to turn the club professional, ready for the start of the next season in the football league!
The FA Trophy was again good for my side, and we won it for the second year on the bounce. I was happy to guide The Spitfires to the FA Cup 3rd round, where we had a memorable 2-1 home loss to the mighty Newcastle.

2012/2013 Currently in progress.
More dead weight was shipped out at the start of the season as a 24th place prediction was placed on my head. Always up for the challenge though, I went about changing the side into one capable of keeping up. I bought in a new goalkeeper and a new pair of my strikers to replace the now physically depleted player-coach Ade Akinbiyi and injury prone (but still consistent) Aaron Greene. I also bought in a new right back, Julien Labat (my first paid-for signing - £4,000), along with a right midfielder to plug a gap. Experienced midfielder Gavin Mahon was brought in to the side to replace the outgoing Mamadi Keita (sold for an astonishing £55,000).
The season didn't start too well, but I put together a run of form and managed (with a mis-firing strikeforce) to storm to 1st in the League. Since then I have slid to 2nd (albeit by a single point), due to a taxing Johnstone's Paint Trophy cup run - in which I am still involved at the southern semi-final stage. Chantler has recently returned to the side following a 3 month injury.
I was knocked out of the League Cup in the first round away to a strong Ipswich side.
Due to my managerial exploits, the board have agreed to start planning on a new stadium, as my current ground is packed to an average of 97% of capacity per home game.

Hope you have enjoyed reading about my LLM career so far. I can post screenshots if you don't believe me, as long as you tell me how to do so in the first place :p .

Nicely writen :)
My story is very similar to yours - Pick an BSS team -> Won the FA Trophy -> Won the BSS league -> Won the BSP league but then i failed to deliver in npower 2 so the new chair man kicked me out of the clu :'(
Hope you can go straight on maybe even to Premier League :p

That's the dream. Chairman is tight though, yes he's getting a new stadium, but the training and youth facilities he won't upgrade - despite them being labelled 'basic' in BSS.