Spurs sack AVB!

You have to look at it from the clubs point of view as well. Would a big club want to take a punt on him and possibly endure trophyless seasons' all the whole hoping he is 'learning'? Especially when they can just hire an experienced and more proven manager such as Capello or at least someone more solid and dependable like United did with Moyes?

Managers and players can't be compared. If he wants to 'learn' at a big club, do it as a assistant, not as the main man which is absurd
When was the last time spurs got a trophy?! they are hardly a big club.

No I'm sayin you have to give them time to learn, despite the struggles.

Which would be great in an ideal world but no big club can afford to do so in the present climate. The likes of Mourinho and Guardiola didn't take time to learn, they grabbed the opportunity they had to manage a big club with both hands

Actually the question was heavily related to his spell at Chelsea but whatever. With the money spent Spurs MUST BE/HAVE BEEN CALLED title challengers, don't you think ? How much did they spend again? Yeah.... Defend AVB all you want, he is overrated at this point of his career and that's a #FACT.

List_5F00_Weekend_5F00_Football_5F00_21_5F00_Oct_5F00_2103_5F00_IMG9.jpg

Not really, to consider them title challengers is a little premature, they were always going to be pushing for top four and not much else.
The money was spent to replace Bale and the fact that they introduced so many new players to the first team was always going to count against them. They're in no worse position than last year in terms of points with a very different team and they're incapable of scoring.

Not really, to consider them title challengers is a little premature, they were always going to be pushing for top four and not much else.
The money was spent to replace Bale and the fact that they introduced so many new players to the first team was always going to count against them. They're in no worse position than last year in terms of points with a very different team and they're incapable of scoring.

Let's try this - what's the difference between Spurs' team and Chelsea's team? Why are Chelsea title challengers/contenders and why are Spurs not? Explain please.

Which would be great in an ideal world but no big club can afford to do so in the present climate. The likes of Mourinho and Guardiola didn't take time to learn, they grabbed the opportunity they had to manage a big club with both hands

So unless you are two of the best managers in the world, you have no chance? Can you see the issue with that thinking?

Lol, Mourinho was manager of Benfica for half a season, then 2 season in Uni?o de Leiria, then 3 seasons in Porto, and then Chelsea.

Guardiola was manager of the B-team of players like Messi, Pedro, Busquets and others and then was "transferred" for the A team with players like Ronaldinho, Piqu?, Deco, Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Vald?s and Dani Alves, and had a structure backing him up...

So, they had their time, teams, structure and money!

No I'm sayin you have to give them time to learn, despite the struggles.

Absolute nonsense. Haha. Give time to someone as experienced as AVB at the expense of Chelsea's trophy challenges. ******* bollocks Michael. You can do better than that.

Let's try this - what's the difference between Spurs' team and Chelsea's team? Why are Chelsea title challengers/contenders and why are Spurs not? Explain please.

Chelsea have a team that's mostly been playing in the league for years along with some of the best attacking midfielders around and are considered title contenders.
Spurs don't and aren't.

Absolute nonsense. Haha. Give time to someone as experienced as AVB at the expense of Chelsea's trophy challenges. ******* bollocks Michael. You can do better than that.
Not sure if you are being retarded, because that's exactly what we're doing with Moyes mate. And we're a much bigger/more successful/more demanding club.

Not sure if you are being retarded, because that's exactly what we're doing with Moyes mate. And we're a much bigger/more successful/more demanding club.

I don't have response to that. So now we should be calm because Moyes is just learning how to be a champion. Okay.

By the way, I was the one that screamed 'GIVE MOYES TIME, HE WILL COME GOOD FOR UNITED!', remember? Anyways.

I don't have response to that. So now we should be calm because Moyes is just learning how to be a champion. Okay.

By the way, I was the one that screamed 'GIVE MOYES TIME, HE WILL COME GOOD FOR UNITED!', remember? Anyways.

Come on now boys, let's drink a cup of tea together and think Arsenals fans are having a great league this year :D

Last edited:
On top of everything else the media in England got on his case from the get go cos he stupidly did not play the pr game (REDKNAPP was a master of that and not much else). So he's ended up with people having a much lesser idea of him than he deserves.

He's gotta be a bit more flexible - esp tactically - and he ll be a top manager. But maybe not in UK.

BTW boys Mike is consistent with his thinking. He advocates patience for Moyes as well. I think a team such as SPURS who is not (yet?) in the top echelons of football could afford to give him more time than we Moyes.

Also I agree with the one of you who said that we cant seriously expect SHERWOOD to be an improvement. At least with AVB they looked like having a shot at winning EU League plus he WAS the most successful manager they ve had.