STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

March

Hearts knock us out of the Scottish Cup at the Quarters
Hibs embarrass us after our League cup glory
Celtic have there worst month of the season to encourage or frustrate me!

Fixtures

Aberdeen 2-0 St Johnstone
Hayes
Fraser

Nothing special just delighted to get through the game with the team in 1 peace for the two cup games coming up

Hearts 2-1 Aberdeen - Scottish Cup Q/F
Bebe

Very unlucky today. Game was at best a draw but unfortunately the better team lost. Leave us with 1 cup to play for!

Hibs 4-1 Aberdeen
Sneddon

A Typical Aberdeen performance in Edinburgh we were second best and punished heavily for it!

Aberdeen 1-1 Dundee Utd
Sneddon

Think my attackers need a boot up the **** as there not producing in the league

League
View attachment 284091
A Busy month outside of the league saw us slip up in Edinburgh twice and fail to beat Dundee Utd at home as we get towards the business end of the season

Player of the Month
Robert Milsom
View attachment 284092

22 Minute hatrick in the league cup final is more than enough to take home this prestigious award!

Youth intake

Two Players signed on from the youth intake

Future Scotland No1 and best of his generation Keeper

Craig Crawford
View attachment 284094

Could turn into a decent left back We'll have to wait and see

Paul McCann

View attachment 284095

Unlucky in the league but hopefully that 'keeper somewhat makes up for it.

April

Form takes a massive nose dive for no real reason.
Celtic comfortably win the league mostly thanks to Aberdeen and Hearts falling apart at the end of the season

Fixtures

Celtic 0-0 Aberdeen

Turned up to try and hit a tired Celtic team on the counter but sadly we never really made our chance

Aberdeen 2-1 Inverness
Jack
Fulton

On the day Ryan Jack scored a rare goal Youngster David Sneddon at 16 makes his 25th league appearance. But the big story Jay Fulton scored a 90th minute winner to save the boys from a verbal hiding in the changing rooms. Bad news for our Defense Clark Robertson is out for the season

Livingston 3-2 Aberdeen
Smith
Milsom

Team Meeting!, Fines! You name it its happening! I will not settle for 3rd again!

Championship groups were drawn after our shameful show in Livingston. Cent complain as we finish with home games to Celtic and Hearts so if we perform we should have our destiny in our hands for those games

Inverness 5-1 Aberdeen
Smith

Wow what a change 2 weeks makes! Worst performance by any team of mine in FM for a long time

Aberdeen 2-2 Hibs
Fraser 2

Defense continues to hemorrhage goals. This had better stop before the season ends. Ryan Jacks 125th league game, Cammy Smiths 50th appearance for the team

League
View attachment 284104

A Utterly disgraceful end to the month. Not sure why the defense suddenly shut down and stopped working. Hopefully we'll pick it up and end the season on a high and seal 2nd place. OTHERWISE!!!!!!!

Player of the Month
Refuse to name anyone!

An incredibly annoying April, 2nd should be yours (piling on the pressure;)) the SPL falling to 40th rep wise in reputation - what is happening? :L Keep it up, loving it so far bud!

May

2nd place secured with two good wins at Motherwell then beat rivals Hearts
Season ends with rumours of Bebe and Smith leaving for the right price

Fixtures

Motherwell 2-3 Aberdeen
Fulton
Fraser
Hayes

Almost threw it away but delighted to have a win and take the battle for 2nd into our own hands.

Aberdeen 4-1 Hearts
Jack
Hayes
Smith
Sneddon

Thats how you secure 2nd place! Was in total command through the first half and made it home and dry to mark a level a improvment

Aberdeen 1-2 Celtic
Smith

Sad to end the season with a defeat but 2nd was safe and we only lost by 1 goal so i wont go berzerk at a defeat for a change

An incredibly annoying April, 2nd should be yours (piling on the pressure;)) the SPL falling to 40th rep wise in reputation - what is happening? :L Keep it up, loving it so far bud!

Thanks. The fall in rep is incredible. Celtic have done wonders in Europe this year getting to teh last 16 of the Europa League. Hopfully that will help​

Caught up, great stuff as always pal. Great story, hopefully you can topple Celtic soon!

Caught up, great stuff as always pal. Great story, hopefully you can topple Celtic soon!

Thanks Sam. Although Celtic may take longer than i expected to tumble. There side improved a lot from the 1st season while were around the same and money has just got worse and worse. I Just hope that after the summer Mr Milne will give me some cash​

Loving this story mate! Gonna have to improve quickly to try and win the league as Rangers will soon be joining you which will make it all but even harder!

I've got faith however! Keep it up.

Season 2013/14 Season review

SPL - 2nd
Scottish Cup - Quarter Final
League Cup - Winners

Season Stats
View attachment 284428

Scored less points than last season but we still moved up the table to finish. Adding our first trophy in over 16 years was the high point

Final team talk
"Despite never hitting top form on a regular basis we managed to climb up to finish 2nd in the table. Next season will be a big one for all you players to try prove yourselves good enough to take on Celtic and challenge for the title"

SPL

View attachment 284431 View attachment 284429 View attachment 284430

Celtic dominated the season and ran out deserved champions. No team came close to them at the top so that left us and Hearts in a battle for second. We both had terrible performances in the last few months of the season but were both comfortably in the Europa league next season.

The relegation battle raged on all season with Ross county, Kilmarnock and Dundee all having there shot at the bottom. Dundee had the worst of the relegation group and finished up 5 points off the pack

Making a long awaited return to the top flight is Raith Rovers who won the First Division by the smallest of margins.

Rangers watch. Rangers won Division 2 by 28 points but managed to suffer 3 defeats through the season. 1st Division shouldn't offer too much problems

Scottish Cup

Celtic 2-3 Hearts
View attachment 284433

Hearts won the Scottish Cup final to deny Celtic the double in a match which seems to have drastically come to life in the 81st minute

View attachment 284434

From our point of view this was our only failure of the season as we went out at the quarter finals in a tight game at Hearts

Scottish League Cup
Aberdeen 5-0 Motherwell

View attachment 284435

Aberdeen Won the 2014 League Cup

View attachment 284436

2013/14 awards

Footballer of the year
Joe Ledley - 1st player to retain the award
View attachment 284439

Writers footballer of the year
Gary Hooper
View attachment 284440

League Player of the year
Robert Snodgrass
View attachment 284441

Top scorer
Gary Hooper
View attachment 284442

U19's Player of the year
Ryan Gauld
View attachment 284443

Young player of the year
Connor Pepper
View attachment 284444

Team of the season
Andy Considine is our only representative

View attachment 284445

Manager of the year
Terry Butcher - I got 3rd

View attachment 284446

Match of the Season
21st December 2013
Aberdeen 3-3 Celtic
View attachment 284447

Nearly 20,000 fans turned up for a exhibition in total entertainment. We were down and out 2-0 down at half time but we fought back to equalize twice then hold on for a point

Signing of the season
Michal Soldan + Derek Sneddon
View attachment 284448 View attachment 284449

Just couldn't split these two. Soldan had the better 1st half of the season scoring several goals in the early months of the season while Sneddon broke into the team in the second half of the season. With a bit of luck both the players and the manager will be here in 10 years time at the peak of there careers!

Player of the season

3rd - Andrew Considine
View attachment 284452
Captain Marvel again was the linchpin in our defense yet again. Form dipped towards the end of the season as we leaked too many goals. Hopefully he can come back to his best in August

2nd - Jonny Hayes
View attachment 284451

The prettiest man in Aberdeenshire had a brilliant season which could have been even better had he not been injured so often

1st - Cameron Smith
View attachment 284450

After having a breakthrough season last year he slowly got more and more chances in the first team and as the season ended Smith got the most goals 13 and highest Ave Ratting 7.27

Champions League final
Barcelona 2-0 Paris SG
View attachment 284454

Barcelona retain the trophy, First team to do so in the Champions League Era

View attachment 284453

Europa League final
Athletico Madrid 1-3 Man City
View attachment 284456

Man City won the final
View attachment 284455

Other Euro leagues
Everton relegated
Gladbach the Champions of Germany!

View attachment 284457 View attachment 284458 View attachment 284459 View attachment 284460

Going into the summer
Again we had a poor end of season run but we had that one final push to beat Motherwell and Hearts to secure 2nd. 1st may still be beyond us however i believe if we get some money for the right players we may have a chance of launching a title challenge

Also Archie Knox and Jocky Scott announces that 2014/15 will be there last

Any tips on how to win away from home despite dominating games? lol

Cheated I was!!!!!!!

Any tips on how to win away from home despite dominating games? lol

Cheated I was!!!!!!!

Well dones it hurt to be turned over by United

For those lost with that post i beat him in FM12 with Man Utd v Chelsea, quite comfortably coming from behind to win 2-1. Might put up pictures of it somewhere on the site in the future

Hopefully this will cheer you up and make you think the future is bright!​

21 year old lands FK Baku manager job on strength of Football Manager skills | Games industry news | MCV

Well dones it hurt to be turned over by United

For those lost with that post i beat him in FM12 with Man Utd v Chelsea, quite comfortably coming from behind to win 2-1. Might put up pictures of it somewhere on the site in the future

Hopefully this will cheer you up and make you think the future is bright!​

21 year old lands FK Baku manager job on strength of Football Manager skills | Games industry news | MCV

Quite comfortably my ****! I had more shots on target, more posession more Colombian strikers and more stupid players that dont know how to keep a lead.

For others reading - as Chelsea I have won all my home games, super cup and charity shield yet away from home it looks like this -

Norwich 0-1 (Herrera og - dominated game)
Arsenal 1-2 (1UP at half time and lost despite dominating)
Liverpool 2-3 (1up at half time and they scored with their only 3 shots on target)
Man Utd 1-2 (1up at half time blah blah blah)

add to that a 2-3 defeat away to Montpellier!! I did manage to beat Spartak Moscow away though!

Never mind - as I said - if I win 19 and lose 19 in the league I may sneak a Europa League spot..........

Season preview

2014/15
3rd then 2nd Now 1st?

Targets

2nd season and we got 2nd place and a cup. Repeating that would be very acceptable but im looking higher!

League - Top 2
Scottish Cup - Final
Scottish League Cup - Final

Transfers
View attachment 284604

In

4 young players, including a Barca regen and perhaps Mozambiqes greatest player in the modern game.

Simao - DM
View attachment 284591

The former Panathinakos midfielder spent most of last season on a free whoever his wages were always beyond me till i freed up some cash to add him streight into my midfield

Juste Lluis - DC
View attachment 284592

Heres a former Barcelona Defender. Well he played 1 game last year before being released. He will also go right into the starting 11

Youngsters

DL - Rene Anderson
View attachment 284593

MC - Darren Hughes
View attachment 284594

MR - Vojtech Prihoda
View attachment 284595

All these boys will get plenty of action this season

Out

The wage budget was too high last season and we were running at a loss regularly so cuts had to be made but we got plenty back thanks to Basel

Bebe - Basel £1.6m
View attachment 284596

Can't help but feel i totally ripped them off. Money was very welcome however for a player who was stuck on the bench for most of 2014

Other big wage players leaving were Simon Cziommer, Abdoulaye Meite and Gary Naismith

3 youngsters who were never going to make it were sold. Danny Rogers, Stephen O'Neil and Scott Rumsby

Loans

Rose, Storrie and McDonald were loaned to get some experience while McManus was on loan with a possible future transfer to Hibs in the offering

2014 World cup

Spain Win, Shock horror!
View attachment 284598

Brazil and England out at the last 16
View attachment 284597

Portugal and Belgium fail to get through the group phase

Summer Europa League games

Aberdeen 2-0 Tobyi - Europa League 2nd round Qualifier 1st leg
Smith 2

Comfortable win. Back up players will make the trip too Kazakhstan

Tobyi 0-1 Aberdeen- Europa League 2nd round Qualifier 2nd leg
Sneddon

Agg
Aberdeen 3-0 Tobyi

Same again. Through to the dreaded 3rd round again!

Aberdeen 1-2 Hoffenheim - Europa League 3rd round Qualifier 1st leg
Prihoda

Dominated possession but couldn't find the killer touch. Good sign for the domestic season if were dominating against the Germans

Hoffenheim 0-0 Aberdeen - Europa League 3rd round Qualifier 2nd leg

Agg
Hoffenheim 2-1 Aberdeen

We were heavy underdogs before the match and having to overcome 2 away goals proved two much so unfortunately were out of Europe before the League season starts again!

Summer news

Manager changes
Interesting transfers at home and away

Eamonn Fullerton - Dundee
Craig Brown - Kilmarnock
Andre Villas Boas - Man Utd
Vincenzo Montella - Tottenham
Marcelo Bielsa - Arsenal
Christian Gross - Bilbao
Javier Aguirre - Inter
Alan Shearer - Everton
Remi Garde - France
Stale Solbakken - ENGLAND
Tite - Brazil
Hubb Stevens - Holland

Top 10 transfers
Gaston Ramirez - Man City - £24.5m
Lars Bender - Arsenal - £23m
Granit Xaka - Athletico Madrid - £22.5m
Vurnon Anita - Tottenham - £22m
Nevan Subotic - Tottenham - £21.5m
Darjo Lazovic - Marsille - £19.25m
Dusan Tadic - Dortmund - £18m
Mehdi Benatia - Napoli - £17.25m
G Schennikov - Man Utd - £16.25m
N Jelavic - Tottenham - £15m

Top SPL Transfers
Rangers start to Spend but £1m not broken. Yet

Ryan Gauld - Celtic - £975k
Stephen Hendrie - Rangers - £775k
Steven Saunders - Celtic - £750k
Darren McGregor - Motherwell - £725k
Lewis Stevenson - Rangers - £500k
Lewis Milne - Celtic - £425k
Gary Hawkins - Dundee Utd - £350k
Graham Carey - Dundee Utd - £325k
Alex McDonald - Rangers - £275k
R McGivern - Motherwell - £220k

First team 2014

View attachment 284602

2 new additions go right into the team. Still looking to add a few more players before the window closes. Plenty of injurys to start the season off with

Hoffenheim in the 3rd Qualifying round is just unfair. Some good transfer deals though.