Steam Problem

fraser777

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post , my steam doesnt seem to be working everytime i load it it jst wont work therefore i cant play my football manager i have tried uninstalling steam and re installing it , also when i give up on steam and just generally browse the web when i go to shut down my computer (which is windows xp incase that helps?) it comes up steam not responding end now , i do not want to un install football manager completly as i have several good saves going on ! if there is anyone who know how to fix this problem i would be very gratefull :) . and if anyone thinks uninstalling teh whole football manager package etc works is there a way to do it without losing your saves ?

incase this helps i have also got a brand knew graphics card in the computer aswell as i recently purchased the new total war game

thanks alot guys x

Fraser Sproat :)

Does football manager work without steam still? Go to My computer>Steam>Steamapps>FM09 and find the fm09.exe file. Click on it and see if the game runs.

Have you got the latest Microsoft .NET framework installed? Do an autoupdate with Microsoft as there may be something there which you need.

If this problem has happened since your new graphics card, are your graphics card drivers up to date?

Does Total War use steam? No idea to be honest, but that could be causing a conflict if it does.

That steam is trying to run is interesting - it's not coming up with any error messages at all?

No, if you unistall FM the saves ain't deleted. But for safer thing, I suggest you to Cut and Copy them on Desktop and after you reinstall FM, just Cut and Copy in the right place.