pridders

Reaction score
i'm in my 3rd season with west brom and have been massively successful, finishing 6th last season (would have been 4th if a red card hadnt't cost me the win against liverpool on the last game of the season) and am currently top of this league this season in october with a game in hand, anyways now iv shown off ;) the problem is for the last few seasons my defence has been rock solid, surprising for a west brom team i know but olsson has been immense and iv built my team around him with kyle bartley and stefan de vrij being signed for a couple of mil each and chivu coming in on the left on a free transfer, but now ollsons had a massive drop in form and i feel i need a new cb. gallas and pablo, my backups, are both getting on a bit now and although theyr performing adequately they're not really cut out for what will soon be a champions league team. obviously i need a replacement but i was wondering if it would be worth retraining de vrij as a centre back because my last round of the preferred roles/position calculator rated him as a 21 ball-playing centreback, anyone tried this and if so, any good results or general suggestions? cheers |)

View attachment 146182

PS sorry about the massive amount of background info but felt i should let you know exactly what my situation is

He pretty much has all the attributes to be a solid centreback. Go for it.
and since he's already accomplished that position, shouldn't take too long. :)

Oh, he has low heading.. you could individually train that for a bit. Hm..

cheers il give it a go:) no real loss if it doesnt work out tbh if i can just switch him back to right back