Steven Gerrard to stay at Liverpool FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Gerrard is not loyal, tell me one Chelsea player who is loyal then..

cech has been linked with barca for countless number of years and is still at chelsea. essien has been linked time and time again with moves but signed another deal this summer. even paulo ferriera dosent get much first team action but loves life at chelsea.

cech has been linked with barca for countless number of years and is still at chelsea. essien has been linked time and time again with moves but signed another deal this summer. even paulo ferriera dosent get much first team action but loves life at chelsea.

Cech linked with Barca? Just a rumor. Samething with Essien. Ferriera i agree. Apart from him, everyone joined Chelsea for $$$$ and even terry and Lampard are still in Chelsea coz they got massive pay rise.

Cech linked with Barca? Just a rumor. Samething with Essien. Ferriera i agree. Apart from him, everyone joined Chelsea for $$$$ and even terry and Lampard are still in Chelsea coz they got massive pay rise.

barca quoted last summer that they wanted cech. and i know about terry and lamps thats why i didnt include them. i dont think its the only reason with terry though he is a hardcore chelsea fan(unlike joe cole).

Good news for L'pool, I honestly thought he would be off this summer.

Bit of a coincidence he says this as soon as Madrid end their interest in him though.

I knew he wouldnt go. He loves liverpool soo much and he doesnt have any reason to go

We could be quite a surprise this season. It looks like our only major player to leave will be Mascherano, and obviously Insua has left. If Hodgson can bring in good replacements and a decent striker we could be right up there come the end of the season.

Thats the biggest problem with the England national team, none of our top players have got the balls to go and play in another country and learn their style of play. It would have been great to see Gerrard playing in Spain or Italy.

Why did everyone want Gerrard to leave Liverpool? Surely it's good to see a player finish his career at the club he started with?

loyalty the only reason he didnt join chelsea is because his family was threatned.
Don't be silly, he stayed because he's played for Liverpool all his career, and realised how much Liverpool meant to him, it's not the threat, he would have known that the police could sort that out, a lot of footballers get threats, Rick Parry had so many threats to him, and as much of a **** that he is, he stuck with us until last year.

Stevie G , J.Cole, F.Torres, Reina etc etc etc... Whot a team :D

The core of the team has never been the problem - it's the quality of the squad as a whole that's held us back ( & the occasional dodgy tactics & substitutions by RB ).

The core of the team has never been the problem - it's the quality of the squad as a whole that's held us back ( & the occasional dodgy tactics & substitutions by RB ).
True, and injuries, mainly.
But we're shaping up, as long as we get a new ST (Remy?) LB, CM ( If Mascherano leaves, Gago-esque), LW ( If we lose Reira (hopefully) )

Hmm

I think Madrid ending their interest in him was the main reason, not that he has been at the club all his life. Realistically, it was his last chance to get a big move elsewhere where he would be more likely to win a few trophies. Im not saying he won't at Liverpool, he just has a better chance at a club like Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.