Suggestions/Help with Southampton team.

LukeGame

Reaction score
Coming up to January window on my Southampton save, Only brought 1 player so far (Pavel Kaderabek, RB, 3.5M) other than that it is the original team no one has been sold.

Any suggestions help on who to sign?

View attachment 314442

This is my formation.

Thanks in advance:).

No one wanna help a brother out? Pretty plz with cherry on top.

1. Post a proper screenshot of your squad.
2. Give budget.

First question, why did you buy another right back when you have Clyne!??

I would have thought Tadic and Mane would be more naturally swapping positions.

Are you available to buy Bertrand or just on loan? If on loan I would start Targett as he becomes great in this game!

Center Mid is a position that your not too strong in, im not sure how good Reed gets but he is a player with promise, obviously Schneiderlin would naturally be here with Ward-Prowse, also another striker as Pelle is old and Long doesnt have enough quality, maybe try someone like remy? Other than that I would say some more backup for wingers and another backup for center back

1. Get rid of Mayuka and Yoshida - replace with Nkoulou/Schar/Balanta and Mitrovic+/Malcom+/Boye+/Berahino
2. You need more dms/cms: bring in Will Hughes+/Powell (should be available on a free or reduced price as contract will be expiring) and at least one of: Lucas Romero/Gas Gil Romero/Kranevitter.
3. Buy Bertrand.
4. Id also buy another IF -look at Pione Sisto/Nathan Redmond (more of a winger)/Agustin Allione or the brill but expensive Volland

Powell.... as in Nick Powell of Man u? Will take a look at all suggested and thanks for your help:)

First question, why did you buy another right back when you have Clyne!??

I would have thought Tadic and Mane would be more naturally swapping positions.

Are you available to buy Bertrand or just on loan? If on loan I would start Targett as he becomes great in this game!

Center Mid is a position that your not too strong in, im not sure how good Reed gets but he is a player with promise, obviously Schneiderlin would naturally be here with Ward-Prowse, also another striker as Pelle is old and Long doesnt have enough quality, maybe try someone like remy? Other than that I would say some more backup for wingers and another backup for center back

Got a right back as rotation, clyne is awesome but can't play every single game.....:)

Going to defo look to bring Bertrand in for good, as I really rate him highly, been giving Targett his fair share of game time also.

Schneiderlin is off in Jan to utd for 22m, didnt wanna let him go but he wanted to, been giving reed plenty of game time. In fm14 sold reed when he was 24 for 10m and he was a decent player.

Not thought to have mane and tad swap but worth thinking about for sure.

Looking at new strikers also.

Thanks for imput:)

I'm at the same point as you with Southampton also, I bought winsten ried and got Suso on loan, season goin well so far

Get Balanta, get Gil Romero (replacement to Schneiderlin) to pair up with Ward-Prowse and get Rotariu, these are all cheap and have huge potential. If he's still free, get Valdes (he may deman high wages but he's a top goalkeeper fot at least 2 seasons). Mitrovic is also a good choice as Pelle is getting old but he'll be a little bit more pricey (17M +/-). I made these signings on my first season w/ Southampton and they all developed into monsters!! Won Champions League in 3rd season :)

Btw, if you get Rotariu, sell Mane for some decent cash, and at the end of the 1st season Gaston Ramirez and Pablo Osvaldo return from their loans, you should be able to sell both for a total of 25M at least

Get Balanta, get Gil Romero (replacement to Schneiderlin) to pair up with Ward-Prowse and get Rotariu, these are all cheap and have huge potential. If he's still free, get Valdes (he may deman high wages but he's a top goalkeeper fot at least 2 seasons). Mitrovic is also a good choice as Pelle is getting old but he'll be a little bit more pricey (17M +/-). I made these signings on my first season w/ Southampton and they all developed into monsters!! Won Champions League in 3rd season :)

Btw, if you get Rotariu, sell Mane for some decent cash, and at the end of the 1st season Gaston Ramirez and Pablo Osvaldo return from their loans, you should be able to sell both for a total of 25M at least

tyvm, will take a look:)