A Russell92

Reaction score
As some people on this forum know i like to make tactics that are great at playing 'Barce Football' i.e possession football, however these have all been directed and tested with big teams or my Villa team which is full of regens. So i decided to challenge myself and start a season with Swansea. As many football fans i am a huge admirer of the way Brendon Rodgers has got his players playing football so i thought this could be my next challenge for making a new possesion tactic that replicates the way Swansea play.

The Formation:
View attachment 240401

As you can see the formation is a 4-3-2-1 wide as the way Swansea play the wide men are key to stretching defences so players like Britton and Gower are able to thread a through ball onto the striker.

Transfers:

People will be think, to have success i will need to have change the team dramatically, however this is not to be the case. As you can see i have only brought in 3 players and not sold any.

View attachment 240402

League Performance:

As anybody who has started a save a Swansea know they are predicted to finish 19th which lets be honest isnt great. This means that on FM there are a Relegation Candidate team, which in real life they arent and my task is to try and replicate that.

View attachment 240403

As you can see although it has only been 21 games im on course to finish in a European spot and only 10 points of the leaders Man City.

Some people however must be thinking that i must do well against the lower half teams and poorly against the top half, this is not to be the case here are some of my best matches:

View attachment 240404

As you can see there wasnt many shots however i had more possession, hit the woodwork and had the only clear cut chance of the game. Considering this was the second game of the season i couldnt complain.

View attachment 240405

As you can see i lost however the match wasnt as black and white as that. Gerrard's goal was an unpreventable 35-40 yard smash from a layed of freekick and bellamy's goal was their only meaningful attack. Again though i had the lions share of the possesion but didnt create a clear cut chance, this was down to very good defending from Liverpool.

View attachment 240406

No offence to Sunderland Supporters but they arent considered a big team however i wanted to include this because this has been so far my biggest victory. As you can see my team again had the majority of the ball and created 5 clear cut chances. My team on this day was very clinical as you can see and scored 5 of their 6 shots on target.

View attachment 240407

Once again my team dominate the possession this time against a much stronger opposition and again create 5 clear cut chances. Once again their goal was an amazing goal from Van Der Vaart from 30 yards.

View attachment 240408

Once again i had more of the ball than my opposition however this team its a little less but this is down to my opposition which at this point was top of the league and on a roll. As you can see i created the only clear cut chances of the game but could only score via a penalty, this was down to great goalkeeping from Joe Hart.

View attachment 240409

As you can see my team were for a lack of a better word ****. They just didnt want to know in this game and for the only time this season were out possessed. The only two good factors in this match was they only had 56% possession and only had 2 clear cut chances which unfortunately for me they took.

View attachment 240410

This was with out a doubt my fav match so far winning 5-1 against chelsea is a great result and should have been more, although cut off the screenshot Sigurdsson blazed a penalty over the bar.
Again though with this match i had more possession and created 4 clear cut chances.

The Players:

The key to this tactic is the right kind of players. The central midfielders need to have good mental and passing stats and the front 3 need to be fast other than that its the usuall fast defenders and a good gaolkeeper.

Disclaimer: As with all my tactics I must stress this tactic might not work for every team as i've only tested it with my Swansea team however if you have a few decent passers thers no reason why it wouldnt. Also give this time to gel with your team for it to take its full affect.

The Download Link: Swanselona v1.tac

Hope everyone can give this a download a give it a try im proud of what ive done in my short time with Swansea and hope others have similar success.

Played with this tactic for last 4 games now n its top. The record is W 1 D 2 L 1. Im battling relegation with leeds in first season in premiership. The football is really sweet.

Do you use any shouts? What Match prep do you use?

Played with this tactic for last 4 games now n its top. The record is W 1 D 2 L 1. Im battling relegation with leeds in first season in premiership. The football is really sweet.

Do you use any shouts? What Match prep do you use?

The match prep i use is attacking and i dont use any shouts, theres no point ive edited all the personal instructions of the players

Looks decent, will give it a try. Could you post some player stats? Or the squad list with the goals and assists visible. And does the front man get lots of scoring chances?

Can you show us some pics of from the analysis on passing please?

Hi! does the right winger cut inside or is it a ordinary winger who does a lot of crosses? :D

Can I have a screen of passing style ? How many pass has your playmaker <?

ps : sorry for my english, i'm french !

It would be interesting to see how well Barca played with this.