Tactical advantage of formations with single,double or triple strikers?

Reggaezal

Reaction score
I have had so many different results with single striker formations, 2 striker formations and 3 striker formations.

Kinda getting tired of choosing either one every 1 or 2 seasons to suit the team. So i just wana ask the tactical/financial benefits of:

Single striker system (complete forward/advance forward)

Double striker system (deep lying forward/target man + poacher/advance forward)

Triple striker system (deep lying forward + 2xpoachers/2xinside forwards)

Which in your opinion and experience gives you the best results?

In single striker system i get the most goals from him, but often i find it difficult to rotate him with other players.

Double strikers makes my head spin since its too unpredictable and annoying to manage.

Triple striker system gives me players with 8 hour goal droughts which in turn lowers their morale too often.

1striker(complete) with an amL/R gives both a 5man mid and 3strikers, best of both worlds.

its all relative, but so far the 4-4-2 has given me the most success, its perfectly capable of dominating a 3 man defence if applied properly

in my experience 3 strikers tear teams apart. almost too good at times

Whether I play against 3 strikers I just make my full backs defend at all times and play very narrow... Basically makes it 4 vs 3 and then my wingers just destroy there narrow midfield..

1striker(complete) with an amL/R gives both a 5man mid and 3strikers, best of both worlds.

This, in my opinion. I have a target man - attack, along with some very attacking players in wide positions (Wayne Rooney AMR, Winger - Cut Inside, gets loads of goals). But they drop back to form a flat midfield when defending, as well as being able to dominate possession in midfield

i acheive the same with my 4-4-2, rooney in defence marks the dmc, thus being a 4-4-1-1 in defence,s but jovetic is an inside forward at ML so in attack i have 3 central forwards and then 4 players in close deeper support

i acheive the same with my 4-4-2, rooney in defence marks the dmc, thus being a 4-4-1-1 in defence,s but jovetic is an inside forward at ML so in attack i have 3 central forwards and then 4 players in close deeper support

madsheep heres my squad:
Sorry to be off topic

I find a 4-5-1 , 1 Lone striker, 2 inside forwards is the best. It seems to dominate possession more thus cancelling out the oposition, and create alot of clear cut chances.