awalker14

Reaction score
soo i have a question is it better to create a tactic to play to your teams strengths or to play to your opponents weakness.

is it also better to have a club philosophy or to be more adaptable and play in different ways?

Im not sure if iv explained this very well

Saying one was is "better" is misleading IMO. Because these come down to preference. there isn't really "right" and "wrong" on these things.

Personally, I try to find a balance between them. I prefer to have a particular style of play - a club philosophy, if you will. But recognize that quite often, I can't play that way right from day one as the club may lack the players to pull it off. That's part of why I don't tend to go too heavily toward exploiting the opposition - that just isn't always possible. I will certainly make some adaptions if I see something, but that rarely means taking an entirely different tactical approach.

As I've said, I like to have a particular club philosophy, but that that is rarely rigid. It makes sense to have a "plan B".... a different way to attack teams. Depend on what that basic philosophy is, that plan B may not mean having different players but simply using them differently.